I am starting a new refurbishment project on my Coupe and thought I would post the progress on the forum as it progresses.
I have owned two other Coupes in the past (a metallic blue 16v and a red Trubo plus). Both of these were completely stock, but with my more recent cars being modified (a 600HP Supra and a 550HP SL55 AMG) I was always likely to go for a modified Coupe if I got another one
So last year I spotted Nigel's modified moon grey Turbo Plus for sale on the forum, and after an inspection and test drive I bought it and drove it back to sunny Belfast
As Nigel has already carried out the performance modifications, my project will be to prepare the car to be my daily driver for the next 20 years.
The main work will be:
1. Eradicating any rust (which is now just starting to appear on the underside and wheel arches).
2. Refurbish the rear subframe.
3. Trace and fix an engine oil leak.
4. Change all the engine fluids, filters, belts etc
5. Replace the worn Vibra Technics gearbox rear mount.
6. Full silicone hose set.
7. High flow catalytic converter (to pass emissions test at the official MOT centres here in Northern ireland
8. Possibly an aftermarket ECU?
9. New rear discs and pads.
10. Fix air con.
11. Double din head unit.
12. Strip and repaint centre console.
13. Front and rear parking sensors.
14. Full respray in a cutom House of Kolor cobalt blue candy paint.
The car was left in with my mechanic on saturday and I have asked him to send me before and after photos as he progresses. So hopefully I will have some photos later this week.
To get things started here are some photos of the car before the works start.