Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (phil16vturbo), 1,057 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Maserati Models #1660742
28/09/2022 22:00
28/09/2022 22:00
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 580
Ayrshire
ScouseCoupe Offline OP
Club member 7230
ScouseCoupe  Offline OP
Club member 7230
Enjoying the ride

Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 580
Ayrshire
I have always been tempted with this brand like in my younger days of aspiring to Alfa’s.

Seems the £10k to £20k bracket has 3200GT, 4200 and some higher mileage GranTourismo in the offering these days.

I always liked the 3200GT with the manual box with the reviews I read at the time years ago, but what peoples thoughts on these models other than the running costs which will not be on par with Fiat and Alfa’s?



1999 Rosso Corsa 20VT
2000 Rosso Alfa 916 Spider Lusso


Re: Maserati Models [Re: ScouseCoupe] #1660743
28/09/2022 22:21
28/09/2022 22:21
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114
highlands
jimboy Offline
Club Member 857
jimboy  Offline
Club Member 857
Forum is my life

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114
highlands
The sound track alone is enough to to spark interest. driving


I'm an old git & happy with it,most of the time
Re: Maserati Models [Re: ScouseCoupe] #1660748
29/09/2022 08:27
29/09/2022 08:27
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 363
Free State of Jones
clanger Offline
Making a profit
clanger  Offline
Making a profit

Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 363
Free State of Jones
I love these, although not so much the later 'boomerang' rear light model, I prefer the earlier model. I had a snoop around the owners club a few years ago and a thread on piston heads. From what I remember the manual model is the better choice, the flappy paddle wears its clutch out and is expensive to repair. I think if you are an enthusiast a lot of jobs are possible providing you are prepared to invest time in learning, bit like the coupe in that respect and the electronic technology is on the cusp of going to excess like it is now.

When looking for my Coupe I met a seller that had just bought one, hence the coupe sale. It struck me as being a small vehicle which I like and appeared well made, I was impressed - it is a logical move from a coupe.

I saw this one recently, its a Spider in red and I prefer a FHC in blue but I could not help feeling tempted for a few seconds.

https://richardedmonds.atgportals.n...ils/b8e7d74e-8042-45a0-a533-af18006e5910



1/1/26 fccuk forum monetised. RIP
Re: Maserati Models [Re: ScouseCoupe] #1660755
29/09/2022 17:07
29/09/2022 17:07
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 8,921
Lightwater, Surrey
DaveG Offline
Club Treasurer Member 311
DaveG  Offline
Club Treasurer Member 311
Je suis un Coupé

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 8,921
Lightwater, Surrey
The early models had the "boomerang" lights, the later ones had the more non-descript rear lights


1996 Portofino 20vt & 2000 Pearl White Plus
2008 Ferrari F430 & 2017 Fiat 124 Spider
Re: Maserati Models [Re: ScouseCoupe] #1660758
29/09/2022 18:47
29/09/2022 18:47
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 363
Free State of Jones
clanger Offline
Making a profit
clanger  Offline
Making a profit

Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 363
Free State of Jones
You are right DaveG, silly mistype on my part. What do you think of the cars?!


1/1/26 fccuk forum monetised. RIP
Re: Maserati Models [Re: ScouseCoupe] #1660759
29/09/2022 18:49
29/09/2022 18:49
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 1,177
Cleveland
P
PaulL Offline
Club Member 1872, Regional Rep N.E.
PaulL  Offline
Club Member 1872, Regional Rep N.E.
Enjoying the ride
P

Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 1,177
Cleveland
I think that they are really smart.

I would have one if I wasn't coupe daft !

Re: Maserati Models [Re: ScouseCoupe] #1660793
30/09/2022 18:56
30/09/2022 18:56
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 595
Guildford
wink Offline
Enjoying the ride
wink  Offline
Enjoying the ride

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 595
Guildford
I had a Maserati 3200GT. Fantastic engine, beautiful looks, everything on the car is expensive and/or made of unobtanium. The auto box is much nicer than the manual in the case of the 3200. The flappy paddle auto only arrived with the later 4200, which is normally aspirated and feels slower than the turbo 3200. Slower is only relatively speaking, these are all very fast cars. Which was one reason I sold it - they are difficult to keep to speed limits. I decided the Fiat was 90% of the fun for 10% of the hassle. And twice the mpg.

Re: Maserati Models [Re: ScouseCoupe] #1660795
30/09/2022 20:26
30/09/2022 20:26
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 580
Ayrshire
ScouseCoupe Offline OP
Club member 7230
ScouseCoupe  Offline OP
Club member 7230
Enjoying the ride

Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 580
Ayrshire
Thanks for the comments guys. It’s not just me that likes them. Me being fairly good with the spanners and willing to learn still it would be good own one but one that would be serious resto project, though not many around unless at Copart smashed and crashed auctions ( I am not panel beater ). Though running one along with the Coupe and Barchetta with the other mr and Mrs daily’s maybe a stretch too far….

This one will tempting if a steal https://www.copart.co.uk/lot/57914082/clean-title-2010-maserati-granturism-york

Last edited by ScouseCoupe; 30/09/2022 20:35. Reason: Spelling

1999 Rosso Corsa 20VT
2000 Rosso Alfa 916 Spider Lusso


Re: Maserati Models [Re: ScouseCoupe] #1660800
30/09/2022 22:21
30/09/2022 22:21
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 1,177
Cleveland
P
PaulL Offline
Club Member 1872, Regional Rep N.E.
PaulL  Offline
Club Member 1872, Regional Rep N.E.
Enjoying the ride
P

Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 1,177
Cleveland
You could get your wife an extra couple of part time jobs !

Re: Maserati Models [Re: ScouseCoupe] #1660841
02/10/2022 06:29
02/10/2022 06:29
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 727
Bulgaria
french_coupe Offline
Club member 773
french_coupe  Offline
Club member 773
Enjoying the ride

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 727
Bulgaria
I looked at these a few years ago. I liked the 3200 but it was an engine out job for cam belt changes. As I do all my own mechanicing at home this was too big a job so I looked at the 4200.
This was better engine wise but nearly all of them have the F1 box. There are several issues with these but whatever you need to do costs thousands and has to go to Maserati for set up with a laptop.
In the end the cost outweighed the benefits so stopped looking.
I still love them though. Tempting.


lost in space

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.013s Queries: 14 (0.007s) Memory: 0.6409 MB (Peak: 0.7383 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 21:16:57 UTC