Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Edinburgh), 1,160 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Car covers #1667265
07/09/2023 18:45
07/09/2023 18:45
Joined: Jun 2023
Posts: 123
Norwich
Gigli Offline OP
On a journey
Gigli  Offline OP
On a journey

Joined: Jun 2023
Posts: 123
Norwich
Now I know this subject upsets a few people, but I’ve had my coupe freshened up with some paint and I want to protect it from the elements. Also the crap from the trees around me. My garage is currently occupied by my motorbikes. I was just wondering if anyone could recommend a decent cover to protect my pride and joy.

Last edited by Gigli; 07/09/2023 18:46.
Re: Car covers [Re: Gigli] #1667267
07/09/2023 20:17
07/09/2023 20:17
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,920
Auld Reekie
Edinburgh Online content
Club President, member225
Edinburgh  Online Content
Club President, member225
Forum veteran

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,920
Auld Reekie
I got mine, a Stormforce, from PJ Classic Car Covers.

I've been pleased with it, but needed to sew on two extra tapes, at the front and rear.


BumbleBee carer smile
Re: Car covers [Re: Edinburgh] #1667269
07/09/2023 20:48
07/09/2023 20:48
Joined: Jun 2023
Posts: 123
Norwich
Gigli Offline OP
On a journey
Gigli  Offline OP
On a journey

Joined: Jun 2023
Posts: 123
Norwich
Originally Posted by Edinburgh
I got mine, a Stormforce, from PJ Classic Car Covers.

I've been pleased with it, but needed to sew on two extra tapes, at the front and rear.



Why did you need to do that? Out of interest

Re: Car covers [Re: Gigli] #1667271
07/09/2023 23:34
07/09/2023 23:34
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,920
Auld Reekie
Edinburgh Online content
Club President, member225
Edinburgh  Online Content
Club President, member225
Forum veteran

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,920
Auld Reekie
It's parked on an east-west road which can be quite a wind-tunnel - it can blow from either direction causing either the front or rear portion of the cover to dislodge, in spite of the elastication.

I've even had to include a rear-centre loop for the tape to pass through!


BumbleBee carer smile
Re: Car covers [Re: Edinburgh] #1667272
08/09/2023 06:54
08/09/2023 06:54
Joined: Jun 2023
Posts: 123
Norwich
Gigli Offline OP
On a journey
Gigli  Offline OP
On a journey

Joined: Jun 2023
Posts: 123
Norwich
Originally Posted by Edinburgh
It's parked on an east-west road which can be quite a wind-tunnel - it can blow from either direction causing either the front or rear portion of the cover to dislodge, in spite of the elastication.

I've even had to include a rear-centre loop for the tape to pass through!



That makes sense then. I’m hoping to avoid getting any of my blue Peter skills out. I’ll look into the covers today.

Re: Car covers [Re: Gigli] #1667274
08/09/2023 08:48
08/09/2023 08:48
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,920
Auld Reekie
Edinburgh Online content
Club President, member225
Edinburgh  Online Content
Club President, member225
Forum veteran

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,920
Auld Reekie
Originally Posted by Gigli

That makes sense then. I’m hoping to avoid getting any of my blue Peter skills out.


Tbh, I didn't stitch then on myself, left that to an expert!


BumbleBee carer smile
Re: Car covers [Re: Gigli] #1667287
08/09/2023 15:36
08/09/2023 15:36
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,920
Auld Reekie
Edinburgh Online content
Club President, member225
Edinburgh  Online Content
Club President, member225
Forum veteran

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,920
Auld Reekie
You're right Nigel, we can't really have one rule for some and not others wink

I've PM'd you the message, maybe PM the OP chinny


BumbleBee carer smile

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.012s Queries: 14 (0.007s) Memory: 0.6227 MB (Peak: 0.6904 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 21:46:22 UTC