Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Robski1337), 1,372 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Anyone else do this? #1669174
21/12/2023 19:45
21/12/2023 19:45
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,078
Dorchester
R
respace Online content OP
Enjoying the ride
respace  Online Content OP
Enjoying the ride
R

Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,078
Dorchester
I often find myself looking at the other cars in a car park and asking myself is there something that looks better/I'd rather have? This is usually when I'm feeling a little disillusioned with the coop as result of something going wrong etc.Fortunately there's seldom anything i'd remotely rather have, though i guess it depends on the car parks you frequent, today was Tescos but if it were somewhere more upmarket it might be a problem! So stay away from this game if you have grander aspirations!
Merry Christmas everyone.

Re: Anyone else do this? [Re: respace] #1669175
21/12/2023 21:15
21/12/2023 21:15
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 685
France, Charente
paulw Offline
Club Member 1326
paulw  Offline
Club Member 1326
Enjoying the ride

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 685
France, Charente
Nope! We have our main car for when it's needed and I certainly wouldn't consider replacing the Coupé with anything else - had it 14 years and I still get the same pleasure when I take it out as I ever did.

I would hope it's got another 10 years in it easily (engines only just run in!) .... whether I have is another matter!

Paul


Paul W.

[Linked Image]


Re: Anyone else do this? [Re: respace] #1669177
22/12/2023 17:00
22/12/2023 17:00
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 1,177
Cleveland
P
PaulL Offline
Club Member 1872, Regional Rep N.E.
PaulL  Offline
Club Member 1872, Regional Rep N.E.
Enjoying the ride
P

Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 1,177
Cleveland
I went through a copy of AutoExpress and fortnight ago.

Apart from a Mclaren, nothing gives me any aspirations.
Unfortunately, the Mclaren front lip is too low for the speed bumps near us, so I've had to cross it off my list.

Coupe, has looks, performance, internal space and boot which all add up to a superb multi purpose car.

It's rare, gets looks and makes us feel good.


Re: Anyone else do this? [Re: respace] #1669255
29/12/2023 20:12
29/12/2023 20:12
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 20
Denmark
Heindrik Offline
Newbie
Heindrik  Offline
Newbie

Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 20
Denmark
The Toyota MR2 SW20 in the 2.0 Turbo variant, i really like that car too.

I had both a Toyota Celica 2.0 GT from 1994 and later a 1.8 GT from 2005, and both are cool cars, thought the later 1.8 GT only had 143 hp which dont match the looks or the handling (It does come in a 192 HP variant too). For 1994 the 2.0 GT with 175 HP was a decent amount of power.

The Fiat coupe i really like for its bit of everything, from the special style and the excellent 5 cylinder turbo engine, its just a great mix of everything cool about a little sports car, and then its one of the cars that really are turning in to classics and having one sitting in the garage might not be a loss at all (except from running costs)

Last edited by Heindrik; 29/12/2023 20:13.
Re: Anyone else do this? [Re: respace] #1669408
08/01/2024 14:40
08/01/2024 14:40
Joined: Dec 2019
Posts: 240
Milton Keynes
KevinW Offline
Making a profit
KevinW  Offline
Making a profit

Joined: Dec 2019
Posts: 240
Milton Keynes
Plenty of cars I would like if I had the money to waste smile


KevinW
Milton Keynes UK
Re: Anyone else do this? [Re: respace] #1669438
12/01/2024 11:08
12/01/2024 11:08
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,132
Behind Enemy Lines
Master_Mariner Offline
Club member 583
Master_Mariner  Offline
Club member 583
Enjoying the ride

Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,132
Behind Enemy Lines
Same as KevinW.

I'm very loyal to the Coop- i wanted one for so long. And to my eye its still fast. And still looks very good.

However, I still "look" at other exotica and dream! And as i get older- the getting in and out and ride can sometimes jar (no pun itended)

I recently had two weeks with a v8 2019 Mustang. Electric Blue.

Let me tell you- that could easily corrupt a man. Cheap parts. Cheap service. Massive production support ongoing with everything in stock. Still in production/with warranties

The only thing that leaves you upset is the mpg! It really surprised me.

Regards

MM


Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.016s Queries: 14 (0.010s) Memory: 0.6192 MB (Peak: 0.6783 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 23:02:52 UTC