Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,260 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,722
Posts1,170,108
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,309
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,904
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Blow off valve #1671815
06/05/2024 13:20
06/05/2024 13:20
Joined: Dec 2022
Posts: 101
Bucharest, Romania
Fre3_D0om Offline OP
Club member 7253
Fre3_D0om  Offline OP
Club member 7253
On a journey

Joined: Dec 2022
Posts: 101
Bucharest, Romania
So I am looking to replace my bov, as the factory one I have fitted has completely worn out. While I do enjoy the group b stutututu noises my Coupe makes atm, I do intend to preserve the lifespan of my turbo.

I am in the process of restoring/improving my Coupe, so I do want to make a stage 2 upgrade on it at some point when I will have the neccesary funding to do so. Long story short, as I am restoring my car, I would like to replace the parts which need replacing with the parts which I would need for a stage 2. On that list is obviously a blow off valve. Now, my question is, do all blow off valve fit all turbos? This could sound like such a stupid since I know next no nothing when it comes to the mechanicals works of car. I just like driving them.
Jokes aside, if I were to get a blow off valve, would that also work for a gt28rs?

In terms of specs, I would be looking at one of those fancy recirculating and dump valves. The 2 in one package or whatever they're called. I'll have to get it tuned by a specialist in order to get the best out of it but I'll take care of that when I'll cross that bridge.
As far as I've seen, bovs come in different shapes and sizes. Does the size matter? I assume it would affect the sound and I would require a bigger bov if I were to be running a higher horsepower build. But strictly for a stage 2 build, does that matter a whole lot?
Thanks!

P.S.
I will not be replacing my turbo atm, since I will sink a lot of money into my car for the rust prevention and removal process which will take place during summer.

Re: Blow off valve [Re: Fre3_D0om] #1671830
07/05/2024 09:09
07/05/2024 09:09
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 363
Free State of Jones
clanger Offline
Making a profit
clanger  Offline
Making a profit

Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 363
Free State of Jones
You are correct in that you need a re-circ valve unless noise is more important to you than correct fuelling. A good option is Forge: https://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/Turbo_Recirculation_Valve--product--756.html No tuning required apart from selecting spring pressure related to max boost you are running.

Do a google search on "how do blow off valves work" its not a difficult subject to understand and by doing so you will answer all your questions


1/1/26 fccuk forum monetised. RIP

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.015s Queries: 14 (0.009s) Memory: 0.5947 MB (Peak: 0.6330 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-10 05:53:33 UTC