Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (TonyB), 1,000 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
300 mile round trip #1671992
17/05/2024 16:48
17/05/2024 16:48
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,078
Dorchester
R
respace Online content OP
Enjoying the ride
respace  Online Content OP
Enjoying the ride
R

Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 1,078
Dorchester
I've been going up and down to Cornwall a fair bit over the last few months, since having the Merc I've been a little worried that the VIS wouldn't cut it anymore. The Merc has very similar performance figures (MPH/HP etc) and being 20yrs newer with a quarter of the mileage, I feared the VIS might be out gunned by this new usurper, plus the fact I haven't been going far in the coop recently, there was a doubt and not a little jeopardy.
I needn't have worried! It never missed a beat and I would say out performed it's younger rival admirally. I had an interesting moment when a large Vauxhall aggresively cut me up at some traffic lights, he cut across from the outside lane at the lights which went down to two lanes fairly quickly (maybe he feared he wouldn't get back in if I chose to give it some welly). He sat in front revving for a drag start, I must admit it sounded good, a V6 at least possibly V8 if there is such thing, he roared anyway, I just followed not expecting to see it again but after a mile or so I caught it up, When I came up behind he just pulled over and let me through, given our previous encounter I fully expected some acceleration and undertaking but no he just rolled over and soon disappeared from the rear view mirror.
The above was the only time the coop was headed in the whole trip, it's great to have such a useable classic that can more than keep pace with modern cars even those with similar performance figures!

Re: 300 mile round trip [Re: respace] #1671993
17/05/2024 17:16
17/05/2024 17:16
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 1,177
Cleveland
P
PaulL Offline
Club Member 1872, Regional Rep N.E.
PaulL  Offline
Club Member 1872, Regional Rep N.E.
Enjoying the ride
P

Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 1,177
Cleveland
They are brilliant aren't they

Paul


Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.015s Queries: 14 (0.010s) Memory: 0.5952 MB (Peak: 0.6330 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 22:22:55 UTC