Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (TwelveTeaVan), 1,148 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,143
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Fibreglass bonnet. #1673165
06/08/2024 20:35
06/08/2024 20:35
Joined: Jun 2023
Posts: 123
Norwich
Gigli Offline OP
On a journey
Gigli  Offline OP
On a journey

Joined: Jun 2023
Posts: 123
Norwich
Just wondering if anyone has used one as a replacement and if they’re any good at all?

https://www.pesch.cz/en/hood-fiat-coupe-fiberglass--incl--frame/

This one caught my attention. The reason being mine has had a repair and I know it will need tending to again eventually.

If the fibreglass ones are a good replacement, it would make more sense to get one and paint it to match.

Re: Fibreglass bonnet. [Re: Gigli] #1673166
06/08/2024 21:16
06/08/2024 21:16
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 363
Free State of Jones
clanger Offline
Making a profit
clanger  Offline
Making a profit

Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 363
Free State of Jones
There are plenty of posts on here try a search


1/1/26 fccuk forum monetised. RIP
Re: Fibreglass bonnet. [Re: clanger] #1673180
07/08/2024 07:25
07/08/2024 07:25
Joined: Jun 2023
Posts: 123
Norwich
Gigli Offline OP
On a journey
Gigli  Offline OP
On a journey

Joined: Jun 2023
Posts: 123
Norwich
Originally Posted by clanger
There are plenty of posts on here try a search



I’ve don’t this and it’s just left me more confused. I just want to know if they are any good and worth the money as a replacement. Also if they are easily painted. (It so happens they are)

I wanted to know for fitment purpose and shape to see if people had had success with them.

Re: Fibreglass bonnet. [Re: Gigli] #1673183
07/08/2024 19:41
07/08/2024 19:41
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,309
Drakelow
Jamiepm Offline
Club member 1989, Area rep East Midlands
Jamiepm  Offline
Club member 1989, Area rep East Midlands
My job on the forum

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,309
Drakelow
From memory Steve, people bought the fibreglass ones as a weight saving exercise and fitment wasn’t 100%

Cheers Jamie


She's alive, again
Re: Fibreglass bonnet. [Re: Gigli] #1673185
07/08/2024 22:22
07/08/2024 22:22
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,309
Pontefract, West Yorkshire
andyps Offline
Club member 1482
andyps  Offline
Club member 1482
My job on the forum

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,309
Pontefract, West Yorkshire
I've got a fibreglass bonnet on my Coupe but I think it was a different source to that, Poland I think. And more expensive even though I bought it a few years ago. The one I have is a good fit and matches the original well.


Andy

[Linked Image]

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.012s Queries: 14 (0.008s) Memory: 0.6141 MB (Peak: 0.6633 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 20:23:52 UTC