Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (YFG, jarofjam, Notfastwes), 1,093 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,143
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Adhesive Pininfarina badges & cosmetic opinions #1680362
15/09/2026 16:39
15/09/2026 16:39
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 414
East Sussex
ikon Offline OP
Club member 7265
ikon  Offline OP
Club member 7265
Enjoying the ride

Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 414
East Sussex
Evening guys.

My car is currently having some paint (sills, inner door areas and arches) and they want to remove the rear Pininfarina badges. These have been bonded on by the previous owner... owners, for obvious reasons. The guy doing the work has warned me that the badges may break when he removes them considering the amount of bonding used for the skirts. So has just given me the heads up I may need replacements. They do looks abit old too.

Has anyone got experience with the copy adhesive badges floating around? Links? Ebay? Part of me wants to keep with the original badge type but wondering if it's worth getting them to fill or weld the holes and use stick on badges?

Also just a side note on people's thoughts. (could possible be a separate thread) My car is a 20vt6. It has... Or did have i should say auto ds le side skirts. When removing them from the car due to the amount of bonding used these did suffer from a small amount of damage but they're repairable. It also currently has the vented wings from auto ds on the car too. I've asked them to repair and spray the skirts... But part of me thinks i should not put the skirts back on and replace the wings with standard wings. Then have them blended in just to keep it looking like an original 20vt6. However, I do think the skirts give it that more modern look. I guess they also help with protecting the sills from stone chips too. The vents I'm not overly keen on.... But as they are (I think) fiber glass they won't rust rofl so maybe they're worth keeping on the car as that would be one less things to worry about.

Budget wise I could only do one of the other. Wings or skirts. The car was already had enough thrown at it this year rotate

Last edited by ikon; 15/09/2026 16:48.

[Linked Image]
Re: Adhesive Pininfarina badges & cosmetic opinions [Re: ikon] #1680363
15/09/2026 17:10
15/09/2026 17:10
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,920
Auld Reekie
Edinburgh Offline
Club President, member225
Edinburgh  Offline
Club President, member225
Forum veteran

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,920
Auld Reekie
Evening smile

You should be able to get a thin blade/scalpel in behind the pinin badges. Clean 'em up once off then reapply with double-sided tape, forming between the letters with aforementioned scalpel.

If youdon't mind keeping the vented wings then that's one less expense.

Side skirts are nice imho but then they do hide sill corrosion. However if you don't refit the skirts, if you have front lips they might look a bit odd on their own....as might the vented wings chinny


BumbleBee carer smile
Re: Adhesive Pininfarina badges & cosmetic opinions [Re: ikon] #1680364
15/09/2026 17:30
15/09/2026 17:30
Joined: Aug 2021
Posts: 79
Brackley
barchetta_ms Offline
Club member 7249
barchetta_ms  Offline
Club member 7249
Reaping the fruits

Joined: Aug 2021
Posts: 79
Brackley
I have removed mine intact and had the holes welded. I have copy adhesive badges to replace them but I haven't figured out the exact location to put them back.
My original ones are available FOC if you find you need them

Last edited by barchetta_ms; 15/09/2026 17:30.
Re: Adhesive Pininfarina badges & cosmetic opinions [Re: ikon] #1680372
17/09/2026 07:23
17/09/2026 07:23
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 414
East Sussex
ikon Offline OP
Club member 7265
ikon  Offline OP
Club member 7265
Enjoying the ride

Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 414
East Sussex
@Edinburgh

The guy spraying the bits did mention he will try a sharp object to remove the side badges. Hope they come off in one. I have since found out how much the side skirts actually hide, It went in for a front nearside sill repair and the rear was just as bad if not worse. But the side skirt was hiding it.

@barchetta_ms

I think I recently saw your coupe on instagram after your respray. Looks very nice! Thank you so much for the offer. I'll keep you updated and if need them I'll give you a shout smile


[Linked Image]

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.016s Queries: 14 (0.010s) Memory: 0.6129 MB (Peak: 0.6596 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 19:21:35 UTC