Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Notfastwes), 659 guests, and 10 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,722
Posts1,170,083
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,306
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,897
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Speeding Ticket #1680482
05/10/2026 09:23
05/10/2026 09:23
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 1,169
Cleveland
P
PaulL Online yippee OP
Club Member 1872, Regional Rep N.E.
PaulL  Online Yippee OP
Club Member 1872, Regional Rep N.E.
Enjoying the ride
P

Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 1,169
Cleveland
After more than 50 years of driving, I've received my first notification of speeding.

I have evidently missed a reduction in limit on a dual carriageway from 40mph to 30mph.
Obviously my fault, but I was totally unaware.

Wake up old men, don't take things for granted.

If offered, I'm likely to take the awareness course.

Any advice ?

I wasn't in my car, I was driving Val's.

Re: Speeding Ticket [Re: PaulL] #1680490
05/10/2026 22:39
05/10/2026 22:39
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,897
Auld Reekie
Edinburgh Offline
Club President, member225
Edinburgh  Offline
Club President, member225
Forum veteran

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,897
Auld Reekie
Bummer!

No advice, sorry, but I got one in the last hour of the journey back from Turin in 2024; when the notification arrived in the post I noticed the missus had a similar notification, in fact she had been caught less than an hour later driving home after having landed at Edinburgh from Dubai!


BumbleBee carer smile
Re: Speeding Ticket [Re: PaulL] #1680492
Yesterday at 08:51
Yesterday at 08:51
Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 1,169
Cleveland
P
PaulL Online yippee OP
Club Member 1872, Regional Rep N.E.
PaulL  Online Yippee OP
Club Member 1872, Regional Rep N.E.
Enjoying the ride
P

Joined: Oct 2018
Posts: 1,169
Cleveland
I went back to where I got the ticket last night, to understand where I went wrong.

All there was, were two warnings of upcoming speed limit signs, a speed trap warning sign, two 30mph signs and 30mph written in three foot tall letters on the road.

What chance did I have ?

The speed camera was only installed recently.

Ooops

Last edited by PaulL; Yesterday at 09:13.
Re: Speeding Ticket [Re: PaulL] #1680495
Yesterday at 12:28
Yesterday at 12:28
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,131
Behind Enemy Lines
Master_Mariner Offline
Club member 583
Master_Mariner  Offline
Club member 583
Enjoying the ride

Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,131
Behind Enemy Lines
Hopefully you will be offered the awareness course.

Presume its another road where they have set up works - but none being done.

30 on dual carriage way is a bit barmy though. It always used to be 50 in works.

Good luck.


Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.019s Queries: 14 (0.013s) Memory: 0.6078 MB (Peak: 0.6525 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-07 19:02:07 UTC