Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,286 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rocker cover refurb #330959
03/04/2007 18:49
03/04/2007 18:49
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 756
West Cheshire
B
bilbo Offline OP
Enjoying the ride
bilbo  Offline OP
Enjoying the ride
B

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 756
West Cheshire
Im stripping and respraying mine tonight in standard red.Anyone any tricks on how to leave lettering unpainted,I presume masking it would be a mare.?


Ex LE #41
Ex Sprinty Plus
Ex Moon Plus
Ex Punto Esseesse
Ex ink Plus
Ex Panda
Re: Rocker cover refurb [Re: bilbo] #330965
03/04/2007 19:00
03/04/2007 19:00
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 10,747
N.E Scotland
mattB Offline
Club member 6
mattB  Offline
Club member 6
I AM a Coop

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 10,747
N.E Scotland
Surely it’s easiest just to paint it all and then sand back the raised bits of the lettering to metal again?


Death-rattle-tastic
Re: Rocker cover refurb [Re: mattB] #330969
03/04/2007 19:03
03/04/2007 19:03
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 756
West Cheshire
B
bilbo Offline OP
Enjoying the ride
bilbo  Offline OP
Enjoying the ride
B

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 756
West Cheshire
Yep I thought about that but just thinnking it might chip it away from the sides of the raised lettering.


Ex LE #41
Ex Sprinty Plus
Ex Moon Plus
Ex Punto Esseesse
Ex ink Plus
Ex Panda
Re: Rocker cover refurb [Re: bilbo] #331013
03/04/2007 20:02
03/04/2007 20:02

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



I'm just having mine sprayed at the moment

when i get it back i was thinking of detailing the lettering with a silver paint that i think u can just get as a pen style application

Re: Rocker cover refurb [Re: ] #331092
03/04/2007 21:42
03/04/2007 21:42

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



when I do mine I'll be sanding down the paint on the lettering.

Re: Rocker cover refurb [Re: ] #331095
03/04/2007 21:45
03/04/2007 21:45
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 10,747
N.E Scotland
mattB Offline
Club member 6
mattB  Offline
Club member 6
I AM a Coop

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 10,747
N.E Scotland
Surely if your paint all comes away when you do that, it aint going to last very long anyway?


Death-rattle-tastic
Re: Rocker cover refurb [Re: ] #331096
03/04/2007 21:45
03/04/2007 21:45

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



over the next week (while i am waiting for parts, to fix my car, yet agin) i will be doing mine.
thanks to the help from the guys on hear.
i recon sanding is the way forward

Re: Rocker cover refurb [Re: ] #331507
04/04/2007 15:15
04/04/2007 15:15

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



im thinking about doin mine in a few weeks standard le red with silver lettering :-) put some pics up of youres when there done would be interesting to see different results

Re: Rocker cover refurb [Re: ] #331519
04/04/2007 15:41
04/04/2007 15:41
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,206
england
came2dance Offline
I AM a Coop
came2dance  Offline
I AM a Coop

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,206
england
No, No....... masking is the way to go IMO

SEE

HERE smile


[Linked Image]www.chrisdoyle-photography.co.uk

Re: Rocker cover refurb [Re: came2dance] #331565
04/04/2007 16:37
04/04/2007 16:37
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 21,083
Chertsey in the Thames
bockers Offline
Hon Club Member 007
bockers  Offline
Hon Club Member 007
Forum Fossil

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 21,083
Chertsey in the Thames
C"D that looks love Is it fitted yet?

Re: Rocker cover refurb [Re: bockers] #331568
04/04/2007 16:39
04/04/2007 16:39
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,206
england
came2dance Offline
I AM a Coop
came2dance  Offline
I AM a Coop

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,206
england
I'm sure you missed a tongue off the end there laugh

course it's fitted. i've even got two of my wheels fitted.


and will have the other two on in time for the 'big coop meet' smile

SEE

Last edited by came2dance; 04/04/2007 16:51. Reason: extra pic added :)

[Linked Image]www.chrisdoyle-photography.co.uk

Re: Rocker cover refurb [Re: came2dance] #331571
04/04/2007 16:43
04/04/2007 16:43

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



C2D, do you still have the plans for your spray booth I'm thinking of constucting one!!!!
Mine consists of a pasting table in the garage.
Won't be ready for the meet though, don't wanna rush things.

Last edited by coupedave; 04/04/2007 16:43.
Re: Rocker cover refurb [Re: ] #331577
04/04/2007 16:53
04/04/2007 16:53
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,206
england
came2dance Offline
I AM a Coop
came2dance  Offline
I AM a Coop

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,206
england
rolleyes now everybody's taking the p!sh grr laugh

1st step is send the missus away on a short break.
2nd step involves tape, plastic bags and the kitchen laugh


[Linked Image]www.chrisdoyle-photography.co.uk

Re: Rocker cover refurb [Re: came2dance] #331579
04/04/2007 16:56
04/04/2007 16:56
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
stan Offline
Dr. Frankenstan
stan  Offline
Dr. Frankenstan
Forum Demigod

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
Originally Posted by came2dance
rolleyes now everybody's taking the p!sh grr laugh

1st step is send the missus away on a short break.
2nd step involves tape, plastic bags and the bedroom laugh



shocked

Are you a Tory MP?


[Linked Image]
Re: Rocker cover refurb [Re: stan] #331618
04/04/2007 17:52
04/04/2007 17:52

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



oh yes that rocker looks lurvly i might see what spray i can get hold of asap.

any advice on were i can get a colour match for my original red rocker?

Re: Rocker cover refurb [Re: came2dance] #331795
04/04/2007 23:14
04/04/2007 23:14

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by came2dance
I'm sure you missed a tongue off the end there laugh

course it's fitted. i've even got two of my wheels fitted.


and will have the other two on in time for the 'big coop meet' smile
SEE


I'm getting mine back from powder coating tomorrow but I don't think it'll look as good as yours Chris. cool


Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.014s Queries: 14 (0.009s) Memory: 0.6598 MB (Peak: 0.7864 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 23:55:15 UTC