|
2 registered members (jamesry, Edinburgh),
916
guests, and 3
spiders. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums48
Topics103,722
Posts1,170,112
Members1,659
| |
Most Online39,516 Apr 16th, 2026
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: ]
#445934
29/09/2007 22:08
29/09/2007 22:08
|
nyssa7
Unregistered
|
nyssa7
Unregistered
|
Not sure that rare quite best describes today's spot - 1967 Dodge Charger dressed up perfectly as the General Lee from Dukes of Hazzard
Sadly Daisy was nowhere to be seen
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: ]
#446777
01/10/2007 15:03
01/10/2007 15:03
|
shabba
Unregistered
|
shabba
Unregistered
|
OMG! I saw a black sEnny today, on the redbridge tube roundabout, it was amazing. Tried to get a photo but I was too slow. So I opted to open the window and do a sEnny shout.
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: ]
#446811
01/10/2007 15:57
01/10/2007 15:57
|
Nobby
Unregistered
|
Nobby
Unregistered
|
LOtus cortina at 6am past Northampton. Was going a bit slow, put ya foot down man! (loved the rear lights)
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: ]
#446812
01/10/2007 15:59
01/10/2007 15:59
|
Shippy
Unregistered
|
Shippy
Unregistered
|
Stunning White/Cream E-Type Jag. Followed it for a while on the A12, still looked great after all these years.
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: ]
#446846
01/10/2007 16:44
01/10/2007 16:44
|
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,408 Essex
Trappy
OP
Club member 7306
|
OP
Club member 7306
Forum is my life
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,408
Essex
|
Spotted one of the old corvette stingrays yesterday. Sounded great but he had to move over to let me past  Also spotted a Black Lambo Countach outside Autocare at Stacey's Corner in basildon  . Mad looking thing but probably no match for the coop now
F****** b****** thing...
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: Trappy]
#446867
01/10/2007 17:07
01/10/2007 17:07
|
alessandro
Unregistered
|
alessandro
Unregistered
|
bugatti veyron spotted at park lane last week. was stuck in traffic, shame that 1000bhp cant get you out of a jam. its not as big as i thought it would be. but nice never the less. does that count as a rare car?lol
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: ]
#448075
03/10/2007 02:24
03/10/2007 02:24
|
FreakinFreak
Unregistered
|
FreakinFreak
Unregistered
|
I passed a new Maserati GT this evening. It was black and it was dark and it was raining and I didn't really spot till the last minute. But I did spot it
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: ]
#448076
03/10/2007 02:27
03/10/2007 02:27
|
Vickster
Unregistered
|
Vickster
Unregistered
|
Spotted an Audi R8 on the Kings Road about 10 days ago plus about 100 Astons!
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: oxfordSteve]
#448103
03/10/2007 03:08
03/10/2007 03:08
|
yellow20vtbmx
Unregistered
|
yellow20vtbmx
Unregistered
|
tried fitting a child seat into an aston vanquish at work last week, (no chance) guy was cool showed me the engine and carbon goodies, looked real james bond
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: ]
#448108
03/10/2007 03:11
03/10/2007 03:11
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,546 Northumberland
AndrewR
I AM a Coop
|
I AM a Coop
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,546
Northumberland
|
I was lined up at a set of lights next to an Audi R8 at the weekend and, because I was on my bike, I rather fancied my chances if he went for it.
He didn't though.
Not that impressed by the car, it looks too much like a tarted up TT.
Dear monos, a secret truth.
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: AndrewR]
#448124
03/10/2007 03:25
03/10/2007 03:25
|
yellow20vtbmx
Unregistered
|
yellow20vtbmx
Unregistered
|
the new r8 with the v10 lambo engine is due out soon i believe
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: ]
#449024
04/10/2007 12:55
04/10/2007 12:55
|
Kristian
Unregistered
|
Kristian
Unregistered
|
I saw what I believe was a TommyKaira ZZS Coupe yesterday. Could be something else entirely, but that's what I believe it was. Sadly, google won't let me find good enough pictures of it to verify 
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: ]
#449067
04/10/2007 14:12
04/10/2007 14:12
|
shabba
Unregistered
|
shabba
Unregistered
|
Ok I saw something very odd last night, looked like a 4x4 from the Dakaar rally, kind of modern looking Bowler wildcat, was on the M11 and certainly not haning around! We also spotted this strange motorbike herse thing! Here again - it cracked us up, how weird or what.
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: ]
#449137
04/10/2007 15:25
04/10/2007 15:25
|
Kevin
Unregistered
|
Kevin
Unregistered
|
Nice R8 at footie training last night - we both went for it but couldnt really test as 2 police cars went screaming past which slowed us down 
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: ]
#449191
04/10/2007 16:29
04/10/2007 16:29
|
FreakinFreak
Unregistered
|
FreakinFreak
Unregistered
|
Surely these R8s are no longer rare - seems like everyone's seen them.
'cept me.
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: ]
#449358
04/10/2007 19:04
04/10/2007 19:04
|
Nobby
Unregistered
|
Nobby
Unregistered
|
Saw a nice old Jim Bond silver DB5 in waitrose car park @ Wellingborough the other day.  And a boring Z5 with the number plate something like 'N0BBDY' - nearly Nobby
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: ]
#449508
04/10/2007 22:48
04/10/2007 22:48
|
Enforcer
Unregistered
|
Enforcer
Unregistered
|
Mystery_Car Here's one for you.
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: ]
#449544
04/10/2007 23:28
04/10/2007 23:28
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 8,917 Lightwater, Surrey
DaveG
Club Treasurer Member 311
|
Club Treasurer Member 311
Je suis un Coupé
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 8,917
Lightwater, Surrey
|
Foregound or background? Borgward Isabella or Fiat 1100 TV?
1996 Portofino 20vt & 2000 Pearl White Plus 2008 Ferrari F430 & 2017 Fiat 124 Spider
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: DaveG]
#449556
04/10/2007 23:33
04/10/2007 23:33
|
Enforcer
Unregistered
|
Enforcer
Unregistered
|
First one - we had it at the uni today. It's the one I was trying to identify for ages.
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: ]
#449801
05/10/2007 03:18
05/10/2007 03:18
|
FreakinFreak
Unregistered
|
FreakinFreak
Unregistered
|
I used to work with a girl who had a tintop borgward. She must have spent thousands restoring this thing and it was the ugliest thing ever
Last edited by FreakinFreak; 05/10/2007 03:18. Reason: hmmm, writing that reminds me of something....
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: ]
#449902
05/10/2007 06:42
05/10/2007 06:42
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,723 Brisbane, Australia
Possum
My life on the forum
|
My life on the forum
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,723
Brisbane, Australia
|
A few weekends ago I attended the Noosa Classic Car Show, but on the saturday, we visited a fellow member of Fiat Car Club of Queensland and had a look at his collection. In the link below you will see :- 1911 Fiat Tipo 7 (50 built) 510S (414 built) 501S At the Car Show there is a Lombardi, a "Double Bubble" under restoration, and a couple of Coupes with a few other Fiats as well. Spoke to some English tourists who were surprised to see the Coupe here in Australia. One even emailed a photo of his taken in the Lake District. http://www.fiat.org.au/galleries/noosaClassic07/index.htm
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: ]
#449940
05/10/2007 13:26
05/10/2007 13:26
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 8,917 Lightwater, Surrey
DaveG
Club Treasurer Member 311
|
Club Treasurer Member 311
Je suis un Coupé
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 8,917
Lightwater, Surrey
|
I used to work with a girl who had a tintop borgward. She must have spent thousands restoring this thing and it was the ugliest thing ever I didn't think the car looked that bad? Did you ever tell her how ugly she looked?
1996 Portofino 20vt & 2000 Pearl White Plus 2008 Ferrari F430 & 2017 Fiat 124 Spider
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: ]
#450473
06/10/2007 03:07
06/10/2007 03:07
|
nyssa7
Unregistered
|
nyssa7
Unregistered
|
I saw what I believe was a TommyKaira ZZS Coupe yesterday. Could be something else entirely, but that's what I believe it was. Sadly, google won't let me find good enough pictures of it to verify We had one come out to race at Snetterton back in August with the LMA Euro Saloons. Unfortunately the suspension collapsed early on in qualifying And as I found the link to a picture for my forum back then: Tommy
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: ]
#450801
06/10/2007 22:17
06/10/2007 22:17
|
Kristian
Unregistered
|
Kristian
Unregistered
|
That's what it looked like, except it had a hardtop or was a real coupe. I only managed a very quick look as the traffic was flowing fairly nicely. Will check around later to see if it was indeed one 
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: ]
#450894
07/10/2007 01:26
07/10/2007 01:26
|
Vickster
Unregistered
|
Vickster
Unregistered
|
Spotted a yellow TVR Trident near my house on the A217. This car is apparently a very rare beast indeed with only a handful i.e. 4 built 
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: ]
#451545
08/10/2007 13:36
08/10/2007 13:36
|
roly
Unregistered
|
roly
Unregistered
|
Black McLaren Mercedes SLR on the M1 last night 
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: ]
#451608
08/10/2007 15:13
08/10/2007 15:13
|
shabba
Unregistered
|
shabba
Unregistered
|
Spotted my first R8, it was gunning it through Berlin, sounded amazing! GIVE. MORE IMPORTANTLY PaulR spotted THIS utter beast at the weekend. SIMPLY AMAZING
|
|
|
|