Fiat Coupe Forum
- Founded by Kayjey & James Northam
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net


» External data
    owners listed
 
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Daan, Edinburgh, 1 invisible), 134 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums69
Topics113,575
Posts1,340,847
Members1,796
Most Online731
Jan 14th, 2020
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,545
stan 32,122
Theresa 23,299
PeteP 21,509
bockers 21,071
JimO 17,917
Nigel 17,367
Edinburgh 16,728
RSS Feeds
Club Events
Club Information
Track Events
Rolling Road/RWYB
Social Events
Non-UK Events
Coupé Related Chat
Coupé Spotting
Coupé News/Press
Buying/Selling Advice
Insuring a Coupé
Basic FAQ's
How to Guides
Forum Issues
Technical Problems
General Maintenance
Styling
Tuning
Handling
ICE and Alarm
Coupés for Sale
Coupés Wanted
Parts for Sale
Parts Wanted
Group Buys
Business Forum
Other Vehicles for Sale/Wanted
Other Items for Sale/Wanted
Haggling/Offers
Ebay links
Other Cars
Other Websites
General Chat
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Couple of Q's re ICE install #46386
07/02/2006 23:09
07/02/2006 23:09
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 812
Sussex
StuP Offline OP
Enjoying the ride
StuP  Offline OP
Enjoying the ride

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 812
Sussex
I'm just looking to install my new amp in the boot, alongside new speakers, and have a couple of questions..

1st off, I need to try and get the rear seat-backs off for wire routing, but am guessing the bolts are accessible through the boot? How do I take the boot wall-lining off to access them? Also, whereabouts in here is the best place to find a decent earthing point?

I'm also trying to get into the dash ends to see if I can put the crossover boxes in there. Do the ends just pull off, or do they slide or something, they seem pretty stiff!!

Re: Couple of Q's re ICE install #46387
08/02/2006 02:29
08/02/2006 02:29
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 21,071
Chertsey in the Thames
bockers Offline
Hon Club Member 007
bockers  Offline
Hon Club Member 007
Forum Fossil

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 21,071
Chertsey in the Thames
Quote:


I'm just looking to install my new amp in the boot, alongside new speakers, and have a couple of questions..

1st off, I need to try and get the rear seat-backs off for wire routing, but am guessing the bolts are accessible through the boot? How do I take the boot wall-lining off to access them?





Just pull the lining away carefully you can acces the bolts without haveing to pull it away much.

Quote:

Also, whereabouts in here is the best place to find a decent earthing point?




I used one of the bolts above, i.e. the ones that hold the seats on.
Quote:


I'm also trying to get into the dash ends to see if I can put the crossover boxes in there. Do the ends just pull off, or do they slide or something, they seem pretty stiff!!




There is a thumb screw which can bee seen in this pic. Knurled nut
Take it off and then remove the plastic clip that is under the screw. Then slide the end caps off, take a bit of fiddling to get the right position.

John

Re: Couple of Q's re ICE install #46388
08/02/2006 04:13
08/02/2006 04:13
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 812
Sussex
StuP Offline OP
Enjoying the ride
StuP  Offline OP
Enjoying the ride

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 812
Sussex
Thanks again Bockers, you seem to be a living how-to guide for coupe ICE!


Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.3.33 Page Time: 0.009s Queries: 13 (0.004s) Memory: 0.7473 MB (Peak: 0.7929 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2024-04-17 15:02:19 UTC