|
2 registered members (jamesry, Edinburgh),
916
guests, and 3
spiders. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums48
Topics103,722
Posts1,170,112
Members1,659
| |
Most Online39,516 Apr 16th, 2026
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: ]
#468036
26/10/2007 22:46
26/10/2007 22:46
|
stevewaite
Unregistered
|
stevewaite
Unregistered
|
Alfa GT on the road and working 
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: Begbie]
#469431
29/10/2007 16:00
29/10/2007 16:00
|
stevewaite
Unregistered
|
stevewaite
Unregistered
|
yellow evo integrale on the M62 yesterday!!
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: ]
#471060
31/10/2007 14:51
31/10/2007 14:51
|
jallen
Unregistered
|
jallen
Unregistered
|
I spotted a Yellow Evo Integrale on the North Circular so they can't be that rare  Also spotted a white Maybach complete with grey curtains in the back (a bit like one of those Grey Import Toyota Town Ace things). Horrid.
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: ]
#471199
31/10/2007 17:19
31/10/2007 17:19
|
roly
Unregistered
|
roly
Unregistered
|
I spotted a Yellow Evo Integrale on the North Circular so they can't be that rare  There aren't many about and those that are seem to be wel looked after by enthusiasts these days. The ones that ain't been have gone to the salvage yard in the sky long ago. I've only seen one in the last year or so (driving past Elland Road about six months ago). Back on topic - I keep seeing a dark blue Honda NSX on the Selby ring road. Well looked after, with private plate. Saw a Monaro on there yesterday, being driven at about 30mph by an old boy. Not sure if he was test-driving it/about to break down/about to have a heart attack but it was a bit disappointing gunning past it at high leptons with no resistance.
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: oxfordSteve]
#474957
05/11/2007 04:06
05/11/2007 04:06
|
mona20vturbo
Unregistered
|
mona20vturbo
Unregistered
|
Spotted two F40's a few years ago - one at the circuit & one queing for the ferry in le Havre. I even got a T shirt from Car Magazine when I sent in the photographic evidence that was on their list of rare cars to spot.
Saw an Enzo being driven down the King's Road in Chelsea a while back as well.
Last year's Classic Car Show in the NEC had one of the six 1974 Porsche 911 Carrera RS Lightweights ever produced - took plenty of snaps of that as I'll probably never see another one!
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: ]
#474982
05/11/2007 04:24
05/11/2007 04:24
|
Vickster
Unregistered
|
Vickster
Unregistered
|
On the M40, a yellow Audi A2 off roadery thing (can't be more than a handful in the country) colour.storm A 360 Stradale complete with stripes 
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: Genic]
#475053
05/11/2007 05:39
05/11/2007 05:39
|
FreakinFreak
Unregistered
|
FreakinFreak
Unregistered
|
saw a Citroen SM last week - are these not the coolest car ever?
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: ]
#475066
05/11/2007 05:56
05/11/2007 05:56
|
pag
Unregistered
|
pag
Unregistered
|
saw a Citroen SM last week - are these not the coolest car ever? Definitely, along with most of the DS range - especially the Safari SM's for sale
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: ]
#475070
05/11/2007 06:05
05/11/2007 06:05
|
FreakinFreak
Unregistered
|
FreakinFreak
Unregistered
|
My dad's mate used to have a Safari, used to think it was junk back then in '73. Photographer I know used to have a DS and an SM, none of them ever worked that well. His workhorse was a ZX which was great for filling up with gear and driving hundreds of miles This is particulary nice: http://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/classic-car-page.php/carno/25284
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: ]
#475227
05/11/2007 16:53
05/11/2007 16:53
|
jallen
Unregistered
|
jallen
Unregistered
|
I saw an Alfa Romeo Montreal parked up near Barbican (London). Nice looking car.
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: ]
#475299
05/11/2007 17:53
05/11/2007 17:53
|
Nobby
Unregistered
|
Nobby
Unregistered
|
Don't know how rare they are, but I saw an Audi RS6 MTM the other day. According to the net MTM offer a 600bhp conversion! 
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: ]
#475335
05/11/2007 18:18
05/11/2007 18:18
|
shabba
Unregistered
|
shabba
Unregistered
|
Spotted two F40's a few years ago - one at the circuit & one queing for the ferry in le Havre. I even got a T shirt from Car Magazine when I sent in the photographic evidence that was on their list of rare cars to spot.
Saw an Enzo being driven down the King's Road in Chelsea a while back as well.
Last year's Classic Car Show in the NEC had one of the six 1974 Porsche 911 Carrera RS Lightweights ever produced - took plenty of snaps of that as I'll probably never see another one! Did I mention I've been in a F40.................
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: ]
#475773
06/11/2007 01:25
06/11/2007 01:25
|
mona20vturbo
Unregistered
|
mona20vturbo
Unregistered
|
You may have mentioned it in passing....! 
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: ]
#475863
06/11/2007 02:52
06/11/2007 02:52
|
warnysouth
Unregistered
|
warnysouth
Unregistered
|
Audi R8 on the a3 this evening,
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: ]
#475908
06/11/2007 03:42
06/11/2007 03:42
|
stevewaite
Unregistered
|
stevewaite
Unregistered
|
another alfa gt on the road - they must have had an influx of parts 
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: ]
#476400
06/11/2007 18:36
06/11/2007 18:36
|
Damo
Unregistered
|
Damo
Unregistered
|
Another R8 today and a Cobra replica in my garage last night
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: ]
#476840
07/11/2007 00:49
07/11/2007 00:49
|
warnysouth
Unregistered
|
warnysouth
Unregistered
|
Carrera GT near Epsom tonight 
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: ]
#476844
07/11/2007 00:54
07/11/2007 00:54
|
Kristian
Unregistered
|
Kristian
Unregistered
|
A while ago I posted about an alleged Tommykaira ZZ Coupe. I am now pleased to inform you that that was a correct observation of a seriously rare car. There's actually two of them in this town 
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: JimO]
#476885
07/11/2007 01:27
07/11/2007 01:27
|
warnysouth
Unregistered
|
warnysouth
Unregistered
|
Carrera GT near Epsom tonight Bloody hell, I saw that too and was just about to post it  Funny that 
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: ]
#482495
12/11/2007 13:23
12/11/2007 13:23
|
nyssa7
Unregistered
|
nyssa7
Unregistered
|
yellow Carrera GT near Milton Keynes on Saturday
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: ]
#487244
19/11/2007 02:00
19/11/2007 02:00
|
jallen
Unregistered
|
jallen
Unregistered
|
I parked in an underground Hotel Car Park this weekend as I couldn't face the tube.
None of the cars were particularly rare but there were 2 unknown Ferrari's under their covers (tempted to peek but didn't). I parked next to a Ferrari 430 (lord knows how they got it down there as the Car park was pretty tight and it was much wider than a Coupe).
There was a Maserati under a cover and a 3200GT and 4200GT.
Plus the usual common or garden 911s, a Rover 620 (pretty rare now :)) and some mundane BMW stuff.
John
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: ]
#487356
19/11/2007 05:33
19/11/2007 05:33
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312 Sandhurst
Begbie
ex El Presidente
|
ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
|
My dad saw a GT40 (no doubt a replica) and i saw an immculate DB5
Your car is Usain Bolt with wellies
|
|
|
|