Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,089 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
I need to get my coop running after christmas!! #479405
09/11/2007 05:44
09/11/2007 05:44
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
pinin_prestatyn Offline OP
Forum veteran
pinin_prestatyn  Offline OP
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
It's sitting there, getting more rusty, and yet it still looks sexy! I so need to get her back on the road. This is what needs doing:

*Fit Superspool and new welded manifold (both of at the mo)
*Fit Peco exhaust
*Fit discs and pads all round (I have these)
*Full cambelt and service (I have oil + filter)
*Fit new tyres all round (I have these)
*Fit new phase sensor (I have this)
*MOT

How much you reckon for this? I don't think I'll have much change from a grand frown Carlt, can you still help me finding a low-loader? considering just sending her to motormech early next year, and borrow, begging and going without when the bill arrives!



Coopless!
Re: I need to get my coop running after christmas! [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #479410
09/11/2007 05:53
09/11/2007 05:53
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,988
Sunny Darlo
Wishy Offline
Forum is my life
Wishy  Offline
Forum is my life

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,988
Sunny Darlo
Pinin,
I will personally come and give you a hand although please appreciate that I'm a klutz mechanically.

Just tell me what to do. Your coop has been off the road longer than mine has been on so this is beyond a joke.



Up yours Photobucket.
Re: I need to get my coop running after christmas! [Re: Wishy] #479412
09/11/2007 05:54
09/11/2007 05:54
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,988
Sunny Darlo
Wishy Offline
Forum is my life
Wishy  Offline
Forum is my life

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,988
Sunny Darlo
Peace


Up yours Photobucket.
Re: I need to get my coop running after christmas! [Re: Wishy] #479415
09/11/2007 05:59
09/11/2007 05:59
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
pinin_prestatyn Offline OP
Forum veteran
pinin_prestatyn  Offline OP
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
Umm, Wishy, I'm a mechanical "klutz" that's why It's not fixed yet laugh But thanks for the generous offer! Taffy was helping me with the turbo and manifold, but I think his coop is playing up too, and he can't get down here frown

I wasn't actually angling for anyone to get down here and give me a hand, but if they are up for it, I'll pay their petrol, Pay them fairly for the work, AND throw in a cup of tea, a bacon sarnie, AND you can even meet the legend willy C! laugh



Coopless!
Re: I need to get my coop running after christmas! [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #479416
09/11/2007 06:02
09/11/2007 06:02
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,988
Sunny Darlo
Wishy Offline
Forum is my life
Wishy  Offline
Forum is my life

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,988
Sunny Darlo
and you can't say fairer than that!

laugh

Come on then all you coopsters...................

Last edited by Wishy; 09/11/2007 06:04. Reason: I know you weren't angling mate but I was just pointing

Up yours Photobucket.
Re: I need to get my coop running after christmas!! [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #479418
09/11/2007 06:07
09/11/2007 06:07
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,206
england
came2dance Offline
I AM a Coop
came2dance  Offline
I AM a Coop

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,206
england
We should have a meet round at Pinins and we could all lend a hand. cool

you've already got the discs and pads Matt so we could fit them easily enough.

You have the phase sensor so we could have a laugh trying to get your engine out laugh and while it's out we may as well do the tining belt too smile

Coupedummy will get your old tyres off with his dremmel so that'l save a few bob. Oil and filter, no probs and you don't *really need* a Peco exhaust or a superspool. I'd say settle a std turbo and a SS exhaust from Powerfiat and we could have you back on the road for about, erm. 8k, yeah that should do it laugh


[Linked Image]www.chrisdoyle-photography.co.uk

Re: I need to get my coop running after christmas!! [Re: came2dance] #479419
09/11/2007 06:10
09/11/2007 06:10

M
MattW
Unregistered
MattW
Unregistered
M



Give it a go, print off the guides, you might find it's easier than expected wink

I'm a mechanical numpty and I'm replacing my turbo myself. how hard can it be? laugh

Wouldnt attempt the cambelt myself though shocked

Re: I need to get my coop running after christmas!! [Re: ] #479423
09/11/2007 06:15
09/11/2007 06:15

Y
yellow_coop
Unregistered
yellow_coop
Unregistered
Y



best off bjust saving pinin and shipping it out to someone to do the lot i think..

no point in starting the job without the correct tools or garage..

do the brakes yourself, fit the turbo get it up and running and then drive it bandit to motormech for the service and belts thumb

Re: I need to get my coop running after christmas!! [Re: ] #479427
09/11/2007 06:26
09/11/2007 06:26

K
Kevcrab
Unregistered
Kevcrab
Unregistered
K



and plus you have missed bonfire night for another year Pinin frown



tongue




Re: I need to get my coop running after christmas!! [Re: ] #479460
09/11/2007 13:33
09/11/2007 13:33
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
stan Offline
Dr. Frankenstan
stan  Offline
Dr. Frankenstan
Forum Demigod

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
Pity you don't live closer or that the car isn't running, we could have that lot done in two days easy.

Get it trailered up, I need a new project and my angle grinder is getting rusty laugh


[Linked Image]
Re: I need to get my coop running after christmas!! [Re: stan] #479464
09/11/2007 13:36
09/11/2007 13:36

V
Vickster
Unregistered
Vickster
Unregistered
V



Just apply for an interest-free credit card and take it to Motormech wink

Re: I need to get my coop running after christmas!! [Re: ] #479466
09/11/2007 13:38
09/11/2007 13:38
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,080
Dumfriesshire, Scotland
Baz76 Offline
Forum is my job
Baz76  Offline
Forum is my job

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,080
Dumfriesshire, Scotland
I thought you would need to get permission to move it,is it not classed as a listed building now tongue ?

Get your finger out and get it back on the road,worry about the bills later laugh .

Baz smile


[Linked Image]
Project LE+
Re: I need to get my coop running after christmas!! [Re: Baz76] #479470
09/11/2007 13:43
09/11/2007 13:43
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
stan Offline
Dr. Frankenstan
stan  Offline
Dr. Frankenstan
Forum Demigod

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
I hear Baz is available as a mobile mechanic wink



laugh


[Linked Image]
Re: I need to get my coop running after christmas!! [Re: ] #479516
09/11/2007 14:48
09/11/2007 14:48
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,285
Manchester
GraemeC Offline
Competition Level
GraemeC  Offline
Competition Level

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,285
Manchester
Originally Posted by yellow_coop
no point in starting the job without the correct tools or garage..


Oh, soooo true!! Every damm job I do (and not just on the car) I find myself adding to my toolkit!

I like the idea of a coupe-servicing party round Pinin's - we could all sit round, drink beer, kick tyres and ave a go at the servicing etc

Bound to be fun, but I dont like Pinin's chances of ending up with a drivable car...

Pinin, I think the brakes would be pretty straightforward and the turbo is probably do-able, but your gonna need a specialist for the other stuff - they could easily do the turbo at the same time

Last edited by GraemeC; 09/11/2007 14:50.

It is hard to understand how a cemetery can raise burial rates and blame it on the cost of living
Re: I need to get my coop running after christmas!! [Re: GraemeC] #479519
09/11/2007 14:54
09/11/2007 14:54
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
stan Offline
Dr. Frankenstan
stan  Offline
Dr. Frankenstan
Forum Demigod

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
How about we hold the Christmas party at Pinin's house? laugh

You got parking for 100 coupés Pinin?


[Linked Image]
Re: I need to get my coop running after christmas!! [Re: ] #479587
09/11/2007 16:01
09/11/2007 16:01

S
Shippy
Unregistered
Shippy
Unregistered
S



Originally Posted by yellow_coop
no point in starting the job without the correct tools or garage.


I 2nd this after getting my finger glued back together in A&E last weekend, and I was only working on the seat laugh

Re: I need to get my coop running after christmas! [Re: ] #479620
09/11/2007 16:14
09/11/2007 16:14
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
stan Offline
Dr. Frankenstan
stan  Offline
Dr. Frankenstan
Forum Demigod

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
Originally Posted by Shippy
Originally Posted by yellow_coop
no point in starting the job without the correct tools or garage.


I 2nd this after getting my finger glued back together in A&E last weekend, and I was only working on the seat laugh



Have you done a How-to?


I mean for gluing the finger back on, I'm attempting a seat this weekend shocked


[Linked Image]
Re: I need to get my coop running after christmas! [Re: stan] #479627
09/11/2007 16:18
09/11/2007 16:18
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,285
Manchester
GraemeC Offline
Competition Level
GraemeC  Offline
Competition Level

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,285
Manchester
Top tip - buy a tube of superglue before attempting any repairs and save yourself a trip to A&E!!!


It is hard to understand how a cemetery can raise burial rates and blame it on the cost of living
Re: I need to get my coop running after christmas! [Re: stan] #479628
09/11/2007 16:19
09/11/2007 16:19

P
pfoe
Unregistered
pfoe
Unregistered
P



Damnit Matt ill come help you get the bloody thing back on the road!

So long as there is post-work beer involved laugh

Re: I need to get my coop running after christmas! [Re: GraemeC] #479629
09/11/2007 16:19
09/11/2007 16:19
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
stan Offline
Dr. Frankenstan
stan  Offline
Dr. Frankenstan
Forum Demigod

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
I'll need a bulk tube laugh


[Linked Image]
Re: I need to get my coop running after christmas! [Re: stan] #479891
09/11/2007 19:01
09/11/2007 19:01

S
Shippy
Unregistered
Shippy
Unregistered
S



Originally Posted by stan
Originally Posted by Shippy
Originally Posted by yellow_coop
no point in starting the job without the correct tools or garage.


I 2nd this after getting my finger glued back together in A&E last weekend, and I was only working on the seat laugh



Have you done a How-to?


I mean for gluing the finger back on, I'm attempting a seat this weekend shocked


laugh It wasnt major, just wouldnt stop bleeding, I didnt feel it and I still couldnt see anything on the runner that could have done it?

The seat removal/refiting is easy, unfortunately I ended up with a stuck runner and bent mechanism on the pasenger side just through really bad luck. Rather than pop down to halfords (5 min walk) for some long nose plyers, I used a screwdriver crazy 3 attempts and one slip later sick

Re: I need to get my coop running after christmas! [Re: ] #479941
09/11/2007 19:35
09/11/2007 19:35
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
stan Offline
Dr. Frankenstan
stan  Offline
Dr. Frankenstan
Forum Demigod

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
Oh I've done seat removal/replacement, this is the biggy: a how-to on replacing seat bolsters to help the porkers amongst us repair their worn out seat padding laugh


[Linked Image]
Re: I need to get my coop running after christmas! [Re: stan] #480020
09/11/2007 20:39
09/11/2007 20:39

M
MABR
Unregistered
MABR
Unregistered
M



Pinin - idea I'll swap my standard turbo plus cash for your Superspool - that'll give you a head start on the money front. smile

I'm also a mechanical numpty but don't mind coming over to lend a hand etc - I'm approaching my 1st Birthday on this Forum and it'd be nice to play some part in getting your infamous coop back on the road.

OK, the real reason is the chance to meet Willy C as I used to know some of his relatives. laugh

Re: I need to get my coop running after christmas! [Re: ] #480049
09/11/2007 21:05
09/11/2007 21:05
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
pinin_prestatyn Offline OP
Forum veteran
pinin_prestatyn  Offline OP
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
Steady on MABR - I've just done my first aid course for work but I don't want a full on cardiac on my front drive shocked laugh Only kidding.

As for the superspool, it stays evil I think I'll try and get the turbo, manifold and discs/pads fitted, and get her towed to motormech in Jan!



Coopless!
Re: I need to get my coop running after christmas! [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #480174
09/11/2007 22:28
09/11/2007 22:28

M
MABR
Unregistered
MABR
Unregistered
M



PMSL laugh

Either way, it's good to hear that your coop's finally making progress. smile

Re: I need to get my coop running after christmas! [Re: ] #480183
09/11/2007 22:31
09/11/2007 22:31

S
shabba
Unregistered
shabba
Unregistered
S



Pinn you big LORD - what is wrong with your coupe, WHY has it been off the road for so foing long? Just put the engine back to standard and enjoy it working forever.

Re: I need to get my coop running after christmas! [Re: ] #480385
10/11/2007 01:13
10/11/2007 01:13

C
chris_2OVT
Unregistered
chris_2OVT
Unregistered
C



naughty matt, stop spending all your money on kebabs and get your car fixed.

at this rate i'll have a fully functional Fiat Coupe before you do.... and i don't come home for another YEAR yet

Re: I need to get my coop running after christmas! [Re: ] #480392
10/11/2007 01:21
10/11/2007 01:21
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,618
Oswestry
Genic Offline
My life on the forum
Genic  Offline
My life on the forum

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,618
Oswestry
Matt if you could hire an engine crane for a few days , dropping the engine is not hard, plus it would be easier to fit the turbo/manifold/belts /phase sensor as stan say's 2 day job, brakes are easy to do , you will need a garage for tyre fitting though. G smile

Re: I need to get my coop running after christmas! [Re: Genic] #480405
10/11/2007 01:37
10/11/2007 01:37

C
chris_2OVT
Unregistered
chris_2OVT
Unregistered
C



get a mate, or beejicous to give you and your wheels/tyres a lift to a garage and get em fitted/balanced. it's not very expensive and you could probably get this done from one wage packet.

i want you to get this thing up and running so you can send me pics.

step by step, it's probably not gonna all happen at once

Re: I need to get my coop running after christmas! [Re: ] #480681
10/11/2007 04:33
10/11/2007 04:33

M
MABR
Unregistered
MABR
Unregistered
M



Right Matt, my contribution to this will be to collect your wheels / tyres (individually if necessary) and get them sorted out at a tyre fitters. smile

I also promise not to have chest pains or shortness of breath on your driveway either. Just let me know when in the New Year smile

Now try to come up with an excuse not to do this. laugh

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.019s Queries: 15 (0.012s) Memory: 0.7381 MB (Peak: 0.9710 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 22:15:04 UTC