Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,089 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Eibach 16vt springs v 20vt springs #483217
13/11/2007 03:42
13/11/2007 03:42
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 250
Stockton on Tees
aleem Offline OP
Making a profit
aleem  Offline OP
Making a profit

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 250
Stockton on Tees
I've heard the 16vt springs offer a softer ride than 20vt springs when fitted to a 20vt.

Is this true? If so, how noticeable is the difference?

I'm running Eibach 20vt springs with Bilstein shocks and although I find the handling very good, I'm willing to compromise the handling to get a softer, less harsh ride. I don't want to put the standard springs on as this would mean loosing the lowered look.

Is it just the front 16vt Eibach springs that I should change, or the rears too?

Thanks.


Re: Eibach 16vt prings v 20vt springs [Re: aleem] #483330
13/11/2007 06:14
13/11/2007 06:14
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 8,961
west bromwich
C
coupedummy Offline
Je suis un Coupé
coupedummy  Offline
Je suis un Coupé
C

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 8,961
west bromwich
richard24 has the 16vt springs on his 20vt says its more softer and slightly higher just


[Linked Image]
Re: Eibach 16vt springs v 20vt springs [Re: coupedummy] #483458
13/11/2007 16:44
13/11/2007 16:44
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 250
Stockton on Tees
aleem Offline OP
Making a profit
aleem  Offline OP
Making a profit

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 250
Stockton on Tees
Thanks, I'll send him a PM.

Does anyone else have any experience of the 16vt Eibachs v 20vt Eibachs?

Re: Eibach 16vt springs v 20vt springs [Re: aleem] #483464
13/11/2007 16:52
13/11/2007 16:52

J
Jurgen
Unregistered
Jurgen
Unregistered
J



I have 16vt eibachs, combined with bilstein dampers. Haven't tried with the 20vt ones, so can't say how much difference it makes. You'd have to ask Jimbo, I'm sure he tried nearly all possible damper/spring combinations laugh

Re: Eibach 16vt springs v 20vt springs [Re: ] #483528
13/11/2007 18:37
13/11/2007 18:37
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 928
Wimbledon
paddy Offline
Enjoying the ride
paddy  Offline
Enjoying the ride

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 928
Wimbledon
Is it good with the 16vt eibachs - not to hard a ride?
Cheers

Last edited by paddy; 13/11/2007 18:37.
Re: Eibach 16vt springs v 20vt springs [Re: paddy] #483533
13/11/2007 18:42
13/11/2007 18:42

J
Jurgen
Unregistered
Jurgen
Unregistered
J



Well, probably depends on what you're used to. It's a lot harder than standard springs and shocks, especially the rear seems a lot firmer. It's a fairly firm ride and would have liked some more comfort from time to time, but the handling makes up for it!

Re: Eibach 16vt springs v 20vt springs [Re: ] #483551
13/11/2007 19:17
13/11/2007 19:17

R
Richard24
Unregistered
Richard24
Unregistered
R



I've currently got 16vt Eibach's on the front still with std shocks.
The ride is comfortable & handling is much improved over the std set-up.
I'm fitting the billies at the weekend which should stiffen up the front end, which it could with.


Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.015s Queries: 14 (0.010s) Memory: 0.6158 MB (Peak: 0.6822 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 22:20:53 UTC