|
0 registered members (),
589
guests, and 5
spiders. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums48
Topics103,722
Posts1,170,108
Members1,659
| |
Most Online39,516 Apr 16th, 2026
|
|
|
Re: Help, I am losing faith!
[Re: mungo]
#499376
09/12/2007 01:18
09/12/2007 01:18
|
Guzbod
Unregistered
|
Guzbod
Unregistered
|
I live in moderately rural France and with Osram Silverstream bulbs the lights are fine. I used to have brake squeal on my old coupe but I think that was the heat shield rubbing. Radio reception is down to poor earthing and it needs a clean. If you find out how to do it let me know! Mine works fine until I put the heated rear windscreen on and then I get massive interfence!
|
|
|
Re: Help, I am losing faith!
[Re: bockers]
#499428
09/12/2007 03:45
09/12/2007 03:45
|
h2ypr
Unregistered
|
h2ypr
Unregistered
|
What discs and pads are you running? I find jamming the sunroof cover above the the little runner tab in the centre to stop it rattling.
Has your bonnet been off at one point? I found my lights were rubbish and this improved when the bonnet was re-aligned.
Ross
|
|
|
Re: Help, I am losing faith!
[Re: mungo]
#499430
09/12/2007 03:48
09/12/2007 03:48
|
iano
Unregistered
|
iano
Unregistered
|
The lights, even wih a HID conversion, are shite - I live in the arse end of nowhere, every morning and every evening I see nothing a few feet in front of me. The rattles are driving me mad (particularly the sunroof) as are the brakes which are still squealing after 3 stripdowns and to top it all the radio reception. Save me from part exchange before the tax runs out! aye they can be heaps alrite lol... but there is nuthin to replace them with unless ya win the lotto..great cars...quit your whingin get a pair of nitevision goggles and a big subwoofer that'll sort your problems 
|
|
|
Re: Help, I am losing faith!
[Re: ]
#499431
09/12/2007 03:49
09/12/2007 03:49
|
iano
Unregistered
|
iano
Unregistered
|
ps buy a few cd's and forget the radio
|
|
|
Re: Help, I am losing faith!
[Re: ]
#499456
09/12/2007 04:21
09/12/2007 04:21
|
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 135 Leicester
mungo
OP
On a journey
|
OP
On a journey
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 135
Leicester
|
What discs and pads are you running? I find jamming the sunroof cover above the the little runner tab in the centre to stop it rattling.
Has your bonnet been off at one point? I found my lights were rubbish and this improved when the bonnet was re-aligned.
Ross Discs and pads are whatever Motormech fit as standard, OEM? I have tried getting the passenger to jam every bit of the sunroof but it keeps on rattling. The bonnet alignment seems OK, I will try raing the beam a little and see if that improves anything. I know how to adjust, is there a how to to get the height right? I love this car but... Maybe it is the dark nights of winter...
|
|
|
Re: Help, I am losing faith!
[Re: bockers]
#499467
09/12/2007 04:36
09/12/2007 04:36
|
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 135 Leicester
mungo
OP
On a journey
|
OP
On a journey
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 135
Leicester
|
Are you blind  or have you not got the Hids adjusted properly. IMHO they make a massive difference, every time i drive the wife's Rover it's like there are two candles in a jar stuck to the front when compared to my Coupe. There is a how to for curing the rattles and my brakes have stopped squealing all on their own Thanks Bockers, The HIDs are much brighter but the cut off is extreme and they don't give much spread. Full beam aren't that much better. The GF's Corsa are like daylight in comparisson even dipped. Ex wife's MR2 better too so the eyes aren't fooked. The GT6's were worse and Puma's only slightly better. I would pay good money for someone to find and fix the rattles, i have cured a few but the keep on coming.
|
|
|
Re: Help, I am losing faith!
[Re: mungo]
#499469
09/12/2007 04:40
09/12/2007 04:40
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,839 Haslemere, Surrey
Mark_S
Forum is my job
|
Forum is my job
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,839
Haslemere, Surrey
|
In my experience OEM pads don't squeal, only the harder fast road pads etc.
HIDs are great, must be adjustment. Adjust under bonnet, in-car height adjuster motors burn out with HIDs fitted
997 C4S
|
|
|
Re: Help, I am losing faith!
[Re: mungo]
#499471
09/12/2007 04:40
09/12/2007 04:40
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 10,747 N.E Scotland
mattB
Club member 6
|
Club member 6
I AM a Coop
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 10,747
N.E Scotland
|
If you know any MOT garages locally, I'm sure they'd spare you a couple of minutes to make sure your headlights were aligned properly. I suspect they just need raised a bit.
I find the HID's are much better than the standard bulbs, yes the cut-off is extreme but the beam pattern is exactly the same. I dont often need to use main-beam because I can see plenty good enough with only dipped beam.
Only problem I ever have with HID's is when it's kinda drizzly and you get a lot of glare.
Death-rattle-tastic
|
|
|
Re: Help, I am losing faith!
[Re: mattB]
#499478
09/12/2007 04:50
09/12/2007 04:50
|
MattW
Unregistered
|
MattW
Unregistered
|
try moving the sunroof cover in by about 1cm so it's very nearly fully open, that fixed it for me no more rattles.
|
|
|
Re: Help, I am losing faith!
[Re: ]
#499560
09/12/2007 15:33
09/12/2007 15:33
|
Vickster
Unregistered
|
Vickster
Unregistered
|
Yep ditto, don't fully close the sunroof cover and it should be better...mine rattles if fully closed
|
|
|
|