Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Edinburgh), 1,160 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Living with a paddle clutch [Re: ] #501615
13/12/2007 00:08
13/12/2007 00:08
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,241
Anywhere that has roads
W
Welformed Offline OP
Forum is my life
Welformed  Offline OP
Forum is my life
W

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,241
Anywhere that has roads
My coop isn't exactly the most firmly built inside. Sounds like I'm going to create a few extra rattles with this. frown

I really think I need to test drive one! It's hard to get a good idea on the net. Anyone live near MK?!

Or maybe I should just go Organic? But I need a clutch that can handle significantly more than 400Bhp...



A 340Bhp, 300lb/ft powered thread hijacker
Re: Living with a paddle clutch [Re: Welformed] #501626
13/12/2007 00:33
13/12/2007 00:33

K
Kenno
Unregistered
Kenno
Unregistered
K



Nigel has a helix organic and runs 330+lb/ft. The organic has a near OE feel with just a bit more bite.

Re: Living with a paddle clutch [Re: ] #501631
13/12/2007 00:48
13/12/2007 00:48
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline
ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline
ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
Clutches are rated on torque, not bhp, WF


Originally Posted by Jonny - After being taken out at Spa
Your car is Usain Bolt with wellies
Re: Living with a paddle clutch [Re: Begbie] #502028
13/12/2007 20:08
13/12/2007 20:08
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,241
Anywhere that has roads
W
Welformed Offline OP
Forum is my life
Welformed  Offline OP
Forum is my life
W

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,241
Anywhere that has roads
Yeah I know, but seeing as I don't know what torque I will be hitting when I get to around 400bhp, the criteria would be handling 400Bhp. tongue


A 340Bhp, 300lb/ft powered thread hijacker
Re: Living with a paddle clutch [Re: Welformed] #502032
13/12/2007 20:15
13/12/2007 20:15

E
eldinho
Unregistered
eldinho
Unregistered
E



probably about 330-350 at a guess!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.016s Queries: 14 (0.009s) Memory: 0.6131 MB (Peak: 0.6654 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 21:26:25 UTC