Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Robski1337), 1,372 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Who HATED the coupe when it first emerged? #508686
27/12/2007 04:17
27/12/2007 04:17
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
pinin_prestatyn Offline OP
Forum veteran
pinin_prestatyn  Offline OP
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
I'm not ashamed to admit: I DID! I remember laughing at this weird pastel coloured, frog eyed supercar wannabe outside the local newsagents when I was 15. But what stuck in my my head was "it must be fast because it has brembo stoppers"

But then, my taste in music then was "happy hardcore", I thought the height of fasion was a "global hypercolor" T-Shirt that changed purple when I was sweating, and my chosen beverage was something that tasted mildly of spew and sugar, called mad-dog (or MD20-20) and I would then drink said beverage and get messy on the local park before either copping off with a slapper and getting herpes or having a fist-fight with a previously trusted friend.

So what I'm saying is; our tastes mature. Thank f*ck. And now I find the coupe stunning. But prey, tell: who else found the coupe FUGLY when it was initially released? don't be shy!



Coopless!
Re: Who HATED the coupe when it first emerged? [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #508706
27/12/2007 05:24
27/12/2007 05:24

M
mad_car_man
Unregistered
mad_car_man
Unregistered
M



I dont find it ugly at all. but after 8K spent on it and all the problems. you get a bit ££$%$ed off with it

so i loved it and then hated it crazy

Re: Who HATED the coupe when it first emerged? [Re: ] #508708
27/12/2007 05:25
27/12/2007 05:25
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
pinin_prestatyn Offline OP
Forum veteran
pinin_prestatyn  Offline OP
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
Yes but then, Mad Car man, yours was green. A terrible affliction, it must have ate away at you like leprosy. Luckily, mine was the colour or Jehova himself. love



Coopless!
Re: Who HATED the coupe when it first emerged? [Re: ] #508710
27/12/2007 05:25
27/12/2007 05:25

M
Matty
Unregistered
Matty
Unregistered
M



Always wanted one from the first time I got the 'Train Poster'.

Re: Who HATED the coupe when it first emerged? [Re: ] #508711
27/12/2007 05:27
27/12/2007 05:27
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,833
Brisbane, Australia
Boosted7 Offline
My life on the forum
Boosted7  Offline
My life on the forum

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,833
Brisbane, Australia
I'd never even seen one in the metal until last year when I moved to the UK, but I remember seeing a road test of one way back in about '96 and thought it looked so unusual and was impressed by the performance figures!


1998 Steel Grey 20V Turbo
Re: Who HATED the coupe when it first emerged? [Re: ] #508712
27/12/2007 05:27
27/12/2007 05:27
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
pinin_prestatyn Offline OP
Forum veteran
pinin_prestatyn  Offline OP
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
But Dearest Matty, isn't one of your fatherland's dishes served from the stomach of a sheep? this is why I cannot trust your judgment. Plus - your official coop's title is "wine red" is it not? when we all know it's burgundy frown There are many sad coupé tales on this forum, too much for this heart to bare. I'm off to bed.



Coopless!
Re: Who HATED the coupe when it first emerged? [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #508713
27/12/2007 05:28
27/12/2007 05:28

M
mad_car_man
Unregistered
mad_car_man
Unregistered
M



Originally Posted by pinin_prestatyn
Yes but then, Mad Car man, yours was green. A terrible affliction, it must have ate away at you like leprosy. Luckily, mine was the colour or Jehova himself. love


is your running yet??

Re: Who HATED the coupe when it first emerged? [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #508714
27/12/2007 05:29
27/12/2007 05:29

M
Matty
Unregistered
Matty
Unregistered
M



At least we don't shag them. wink *






























*Although I am a Dons fan...

Re: Who HATED the coupe when it first emerged? [Re: ] #508715
27/12/2007 05:29
27/12/2007 05:29
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
pinin_prestatyn Offline OP
Forum veteran
pinin_prestatyn  Offline OP
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
No, but then I'm not pottering about in an 80's throwback with a medallion and hairy chest. tongue

Last edited by pinin_prestatyn; 27/12/2007 05:31. Reason: aimed at my good friend mad car man and his 300zx.


Coopless!
Re: Who HATED the coupe when it first emerged? [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #508716
27/12/2007 05:30
27/12/2007 05:30
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
pinin_prestatyn Offline OP
Forum veteran
pinin_prestatyn  Offline OP
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
God I can't keep up with the witty comebacks. I'm playing, y'all! and plus, you gotta admit, how you gonna react to a sheep when it gives you *that* look? exactly.



Coopless!
Re: Who HATED the coupe when it first emerged? [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #508717
27/12/2007 05:30
27/12/2007 05:30

M
Matty
Unregistered
Matty
Unregistered
M



Very true Matt, very true. laugh

Re: Who HATED the coupe when it first emerged? [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #508718
27/12/2007 05:30
27/12/2007 05:30

M
mad_car_man
Unregistered
mad_car_man
Unregistered
M



Originally Posted by pinin_prestatyn
No, but then I'm not pottering about in an 80's throwback with a medallion and hairy chest. tongue


lol!! no contest my friend. my new wheels are here tomoz evil

Re: Who HATED the coupe when it first emerged? [Re: ] #508719
27/12/2007 05:31
27/12/2007 05:31
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
pinin_prestatyn Offline OP
Forum veteran
pinin_prestatyn  Offline OP
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
Great! hope it's a coupe.



Coopless!
Re: Who HATED the coupe when it first emerged? [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #508720
27/12/2007 05:32
27/12/2007 05:32

M
mad_car_man
Unregistered
mad_car_man
Unregistered
M



Originally Posted by pinin_prestatyn
God I can't keep up with the witty comebacks. I'm playing, y'all! and plus, you gotta admit, how you gonna react to a sheep when it gives you *that* look? exactly.


sometimes you really scare me ooo

Re: Who HATED the coupe when it first emerged? [Re: ] #508721
27/12/2007 05:33
27/12/2007 05:33

M
Matty
Unregistered
Matty
Unregistered
M



Originally Posted by mad_car_man
Originally Posted by pinin_prestatyn
God I can't keep up with the witty comebacks. I'm playing, y'all! and plus, you gotta admit, how you gonna react to a sheep when it gives you *that* look? exactly.


sometimes you really scare me ooo


Think how the sheep feels...

Re: Who HATED the coupe when it first emerged? [Re: ] #508722
27/12/2007 05:33
27/12/2007 05:33
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
pinin_prestatyn Offline OP
Forum veteran
pinin_prestatyn  Offline OP
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
Come on Dave, you're from Pwphlelli. That town was built, brick by brick, by welshman that KNEW love from a good livestock. Don't be shy.



Coopless!
Re: Who HATED the coupe when it first emerged? [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #508723
27/12/2007 05:33
27/12/2007 05:33

M
mad_car_man
Unregistered
mad_car_man
Unregistered
M



for the car you nutter lol!! as much as i loved the coop i wouldnt have another.

It the love hate thing rolleyes

Re: Who HATED the coupe when it first emerged? [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #508725
27/12/2007 05:35
27/12/2007 05:35

M
mad_car_man
Unregistered
mad_car_man
Unregistered
M



Originally Posted by pinin_prestatyn
Come on Dave, you're from Pwphlelli. That town was built, brick by brick, by welshman that KNEW love from a good livestock. Don't be shy.


its Pwllheli, but i am no welsh man wink

Re: Who HATED the coupe when it first emerged? [Re: ] #508727
27/12/2007 05:37
27/12/2007 05:37
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
pinin_prestatyn Offline OP
Forum veteran
pinin_prestatyn  Offline OP
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
Are you English, Dave?



Coopless!
Re: Who HATED the coupe when it first emerged? [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #508730
27/12/2007 05:38
27/12/2007 05:38

M
mad_car_man
Unregistered
mad_car_man
Unregistered
M



yep, What you going to say about them now wink

Re: Who HATED the coupe when it first emerged? [Re: ] #508731
27/12/2007 05:39
27/12/2007 05:39
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
pinin_prestatyn Offline OP
Forum veteran
pinin_prestatyn  Offline OP
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
As I am also English, I'm going to say for f*ck's sakes lets not tell kroozing.com or we'll be burnt at the stake laugh

Last edited by pinin_prestatyn; 27/12/2007 05:39. Reason: for those that's not in the know, check out www.kroozing.com. It's full of chavvy welsh cruiser's who can't quite spell in welsh nevermind English!


Coopless!
Re: Who HATED the coupe when it first emerged? [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #508751
27/12/2007 06:45
27/12/2007 06:45
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
pinin_prestatyn Offline OP
Forum veteran
pinin_prestatyn  Offline OP
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
And yes, I did look at my edit sentence and have noticed at least two grammatical "gaffes" and I'm not embarrased. To quote the film next friday, "kiss me ass b*tch so what"


And, as Pepys once wrote, and so to sleep.



Coopless!
Re: Who HATED the coupe when it first emerged? [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #508762
27/12/2007 08:36
27/12/2007 08:36
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 6,572
Northampton England
Sedicivalvole Offline
Forum is my life
Sedicivalvole  Offline
Forum is my life

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 6,572
Northampton England
And on that note laugh

Last edited by Vickster; 27/12/2007 14:21. Reason: Locked as so far off topic it has dropped off the cliff!

Vinci Grey LE
Alfa 147 GTA 3.2 V6
BMW E92 M3 4.0 V8
Fiat Tipo Sedicivalvole 2.0 16v ABS

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.016s Queries: 14 (0.009s) Memory: 0.6893 MB (Peak: 0.8510 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 22:47:46 UTC