Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,286 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Bailey DV26 - working correctly?? #521357
14/01/2008 22:34
14/01/2008 22:34
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,244
Watford, Herts.
H
Hyperlink Offline OP
Forum is my life
Hyperlink  Offline OP
Forum is my life
H

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,244
Watford, Herts.
Ive just replaced my DV30 Recirc with a DV26 from Jap.

Now when I lift off i get a strange noise I can best describe as link an echo sounder from a submarine film followed by the dump valve release. Whats the noise and what have I done wrong?

Re: Bailey DV26 - working correctly?? [Re: Hyperlink] #521439
15/01/2008 00:26
15/01/2008 00:26

M
Matty_20V_Turbo
Unregistered
Matty_20V_Turbo
Unregistered
M



Does it sound like a churp noise ?

Re: Bailey DV26 - working correctly?? [Re: ] #521441
15/01/2008 00:27
15/01/2008 00:27
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,244
Watford, Herts.
H
Hyperlink Offline OP
Forum is my life
Hyperlink  Offline OP
Forum is my life
H

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,244
Watford, Herts.
Um sorta...

Its not the actual dump valve "hiss" but before that I'm getting a kind of "Boc" rolleyes noise

just to add i have a Apexi Filter, SIP, GT28R and FMIC if that makes any difference

Last edited by Hyperlink; 15/01/2008 00:30.
Re: Bailey DV26 - working correctly?? [Re: Hyperlink] #521452
15/01/2008 00:34
15/01/2008 00:34

M
Matty_20V_Turbo
Unregistered
Matty_20V_Turbo
Unregistered
M



I have a DV26 and along with the dump noise i get a churping noise which i think is the air going back through the blades on the turbo and its a very common noise, someone will correct me if im wrong

Last edited by Matty_20V_Turbo; 15/01/2008 00:35.
Re: Bailey DV26 - working correctly?? [Re: Hyperlink] #521454
15/01/2008 00:34
15/01/2008 00:34

G
GT_SEB0
Unregistered
GT_SEB0
Unregistered
G



is it a dv26d or a dv26 as the dv26d comes with a harder spring so the coupe might not be able to move the piston

Re: Bailey DV26 - working correctly?? [Re: ] #521457
15/01/2008 00:36
15/01/2008 00:36
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 789
Midlands
ash_p Offline
Club member 2001
ash_p  Offline
Club member 2001
Enjoying the ride

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 789
Midlands
It will be the sip hyperlink, it sounds abit like a pigeon getting randy smile I noticed mine after i fitted the sip, does it more on low revs and low boost. Its a normal noise you get from the sip, it got me abit worried when i first fitted it all.

Ash


[Linked Image]
335bhp gt28rsr
Re: Bailey DV26 - working correctly?? [Re: ] #521460
15/01/2008 00:38
15/01/2008 00:38
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,244
Watford, Herts.
H
Hyperlink Offline OP
Forum is my life
Hyperlink  Offline OP
Forum is my life
H

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,244
Watford, Herts.
Originally Posted by Matty_20V_Turbo
I have a DV26 and along with the dump noise i get a churping noise which i think is the air going back through the blades on the turbo and its a very common noise, someone will correct me if im wrong


This is what I guessed it might be - is this whats called flutter? Sorry if I'm being dumb but I never used to hear anything like this with the recirc as i just got the air dumping through the filter instead.


Re: Bailey DV26 - working correctly?? [Re: ash_p] #521462
15/01/2008 00:40
15/01/2008 00:40
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,244
Watford, Herts.
H
Hyperlink Offline OP
Forum is my life
Hyperlink  Offline OP
Forum is my life
H

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,244
Watford, Herts.
Originally Posted by ash_p
It will be the sip hyperlink, it sounds abit like a pigeon getting randy smile I noticed mine after i fitted the sip, does it more on low revs and low boost. Its a normal noise you get from the sip, it got me abit worried when i first fitted it all.

Ash


Randy Pidgeon - I like it laugh describes it pretty well. Ive not had a chance to test it fully as my AFM is FUBAR so I'm taking it steady until its fixed.

Last edited by Hyperlink; 15/01/2008 01:27. Reason: typos
Re: Bailey DV26 - working correctly?? [Re: Hyperlink] #521508
15/01/2008 01:23
15/01/2008 01:23
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline
ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline
ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
It's because the spring is too strong and not opening at low boost, thus, the air goes back over the compressor blades and gives you the "randy pidgeon" noise laugh


Originally Posted by Jonny - After being taken out at Spa
Your car is Usain Bolt with wellies
Re: Bailey DV26 - working correctly?? [Re: Begbie] #521509
15/01/2008 01:26
15/01/2008 01:26
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,244
Watford, Herts.
H
Hyperlink Offline OP
Forum is my life
Hyperlink  Offline OP
Forum is my life
H

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,244
Watford, Herts.
So this is not a problem then?

Re: Bailey DV26 - working correctly?? [Re: Hyperlink] #521555
15/01/2008 02:19
15/01/2008 02:19

M
Matty
Unregistered
Matty
Unregistered
M



My DV26 does the exact same. It needs serviced/lubed every week but I think this *may* be down to Methanol killing it. crazy laugh


Re: Bailey DV26 - working correctly?? [Re: ] #521730
15/01/2008 05:11
15/01/2008 05:11

G
GT_SEB0
Unregistered
GT_SEB0
Unregistered
G



use mobile one grease/oil

Re: Bailey DV26 - working correctly?? [Re: ] #524269
18/01/2008 04:23
18/01/2008 04:23

B
Barks
Unregistered
Barks
Unregistered
B



I just fitted my randy pigeon/DV26, and am getting a similar effect. For some reason I really cant hear the thing when lifting off, just in 1st and 2nd change. Will the spring 'loosen up' a bit? (BTW I double checked I ordered just the DV26 not the DV26d)

Also can we summarise it's nothing to worry about?

Barks

Re: Bailey DV26 - working correctly?? [Re: ] #524705
18/01/2008 20:27
18/01/2008 20:27

M
magicsy
Unregistered
magicsy
Unregistered
M



i have this too i must admit it gets annoying... i have some more springs, would a less stiff one cure it?

Re: Bailey DV26 - working correctly?? [Re: ] #524724
18/01/2008 20:49
18/01/2008 20:49

M
MattW
Unregistered
MattW
Unregistered
M



If the spring is too soft it will leak boost, too hard and it will take more pressure to open than it takes to force the air back through the turbo instead, which is what gives a wohwohhw kind of sound laugh

Last edited by MattW; 18/01/2008 20:50. Reason: deleted a load of cr@p
Re: Bailey DV26 - working correctly?? [Re: ] #525176
19/01/2008 18:53
19/01/2008 18:53

G
GT_SEB0
Unregistered
GT_SEB0
Unregistered
G



have you put the d/v on correctly

Re: Bailey DV26 - working correctly?? [Re: ] #525295
19/01/2008 22:43
19/01/2008 22:43
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,839
Haslemere, Surrey
M
Mark_S Offline
Forum is my job
Mark_S  Offline
Forum is my job
M

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,839
Haslemere, Surrey
I have a new Bailey DV30 and I get the same flutter, wondering what to do about it... confused


997 C4S
Re: Bailey DV26 - working correctly?? [Re: Mark_S] #525699
20/01/2008 19:19
20/01/2008 19:19

G
GT_SEB0
Unregistered
GT_SEB0
Unregistered
G



if the d/v is mounted in correctly it will flutter and the recirc do tend to make a flutter noise as its putting the boost presure back in the system cause the air to flow back through the turbo cause turbo stall thats the noise you hear


Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.017s Queries: 13 (0.011s) Memory: 0.6616 MB (Peak: 0.7963 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 23:52:04 UTC