|
1 registered members (Robski1337),
1,372
guests, and 7
spiders. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
| |
Most Online39,516 Apr 16th, 2026
|
|
|
Re: lower diff ratio 16VT 5 speed?
[Re: Saint]
#522844
16/01/2008 14:41
16/01/2008 14:41
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312 Sandhurst
Begbie
ex El Presidente
|
ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
|
I used to run a tipo sedicivalve gearbox and was a close ratio box, only trouble with that, is that it uses a push type clutch (although could be converted to pull) and you needs rods to operate the gearbox
Your car is Usain Bolt with wellies
|
|
|
Re: lower diff ratio 16VT 5 speed?
[Re: Saint]
#522876
16/01/2008 15:35
16/01/2008 15:35
|
Robi_hr
Unregistered
|
Robi_hr
Unregistered
|
The closest ratio gearbox is the lancia dedra 1.8 and tipo 1.8 16v but that are rod operated gearboxes and are much much smaller and weaker than the coupe 16vt ones. You could use the croma 2.0 16v gearbox internals.
|
|
|
Re: lower diff ratio 16VT 5 speed?
[Re: Scuderia]
#522955
16/01/2008 17:22
16/01/2008 17:22
|
sediciRich
Unregistered
|
sediciRich
Unregistered
|
There is no doubt to what steve has said, the boxes are very different I would say the coupe box is the same as the alfa v6 box (not sure). I have ordered all the parts to convert my tipo box to cable shift which will use the same cables as the coupe. Using parts from 146 gamma 1.6TS. That box is the same as tipo 16v. I used a multipla final drive and (CW and Pinion) correct me if Im wrong but the pinion is on the output shaft so you have to dissassemble the box to change the ratio?? I got someone to rebuild mine. In fact I will be taking out that Final drive and gear kit as I have just bought Bacci Romano gear kit 13/53 final drive and LSD - wow thats expensive plus 20% tax. I would think that taking the cover off the turbo diff housing and comparing the crown wheels would be the only way. or look at catalogues to see if there's commonality.
|
|
|
Re: lower diff ratio 16VT 5 speed?
[Re: Saint]
#523200
16/01/2008 21:25
16/01/2008 21:25
|
Robi_hr
Unregistered
|
Robi_hr
Unregistered
|
are the croma gears just as strong etc and do you know what the ratio is? don`t know the exact ratio but everything is as strong as the coupe and you can swap all of the parts into yours gearbox, you could also use the parts from stilo abarth gearbox, alfa v6, thema 2.0 16v/t. The best way to know the ratio is to take of the diff cover and count the teeth
Last edited by Robi_hr; 16/01/2008 21:29.
|
|
|
|