Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,286 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
It's Over #525228
19/01/2008 20:49
19/01/2008 20:49

R
roly
Unregistered
roly
Unregistered
R



After six years and 60,000+ miles, I've just watched my second Coupe head south on the M1.

As some of you may know, in the next few months I'll be getting a Cerbera - so expect a new level of paranoia and bullsh1t on another forum rolleyes smile.

But before I do I just want to say a big thanks to everyone I've bantered with on here, and met at various venues in the south, midlands and north. There are too many names to mention but you all know who you are. You're a great bunch and help make this forum a great place to be.

The new buyer is aware of fccuk and hopefully will identify himself on here, join up and maybe bring the car along to a meet or two. I've also pointed him in the direction of Powerfiat (big up Rog cool).

Anyway, I'll try to pop back from time to time to see what's going on - but if not, keep enjoying these wonderful cars and this forum.

Au revoir cool

Re: It's Over [Re: ] #525236
19/01/2008 21:08
19/01/2008 21:08

A
AlanW
Unregistered
AlanW
Unregistered
A



Goodbye roly, all the best and good luck with the new beast.

Re: It's Over [Re: ] #525248
19/01/2008 21:30
19/01/2008 21:30
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
stan Offline
Dr. Frankenstan
stan  Offline
Dr. Frankenstan
Forum Demigod

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
Nice write-up there Roly, sad to see you go frown

Hope the Cerbera lives up to your expectations and you have plenty of great driving experiences in it cool

All the best smile


[Linked Image]
Re: It's Over [Re: ] #525249
19/01/2008 21:31
19/01/2008 21:31

B
Borely
Unregistered
Borely
Unregistered
B



Best of luck and go steady! RWD in this weather is an accident waiting to happen!

Re: It's Over [Re: ] #525260
19/01/2008 21:52
19/01/2008 21:52
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 22,311
Aldershot
PeteP Offline
Hon Club Member 005, Membership Secretary
PeteP  Offline
Hon Club Member 005, Membership Secretary
Forum Fossil

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 22,311
Aldershot
Nice to have met you roly, good luck with the Cerbera.


16VT and X1/9 1500 + e208 Peugeot

We must all do our part for the planet.
I unplugged a row of electric cars that nobody was using.
I even unplugged my own.
Re: It's Over [Re: PeteP] #525269
19/01/2008 22:03
19/01/2008 22:03
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 23,347
North Wales
Theresa Offline
Former Presidentessa Club member 58
Theresa  Offline
Former Presidentessa Club member 58
Forum Fossil

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 23,347
North Wales
Good luck with the new car and hope to see you popping back on here now and again smile

Re: It's Over [Re: Theresa] #525271
19/01/2008 22:06
19/01/2008 22:06

V
Vickster
Unregistered
Vickster
Unregistered
V



All the best Roly. Did you go to Dundee in the end?

Re: It's Over [Re: ] #525296
19/01/2008 22:44
19/01/2008 22:44
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,839
Haslemere, Surrey
M
Mark_S Offline
Forum is my job
Mark_S  Offline
Forum is my job
M

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,839
Haslemere, Surrey
Farewell to another long term owner frown hope you get the same buzz from the new car and all that goes with it smile


997 C4S
Re: It's Over [Re: Mark_S] #525314
19/01/2008 23:09
19/01/2008 23:09

E
eldinho
Unregistered
eldinho
Unregistered
E



cry bet you were gutted to see it drive off, fantastic car!

but I'm sure the Cerb will heal the wounds love


Re: It's Over [Re: ] #525345
20/01/2008 00:15
20/01/2008 00:15
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 17,919
J
JimO Offline
Forum veteran
JimO  Offline
Forum veteran
J

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 17,919
Good luck with the TVR Roly, but who I am going to compare holidays with now frown

Re: It's Over [Re: JimO] #525383
20/01/2008 01:18
20/01/2008 01:18

F
FreakinFreak
Unregistered
FreakinFreak
Unregistered
F



Good luck with the cerb Roly, hope it all goes well. May your bills be small smile

Re: It's Over [Re: ] #525431
20/01/2008 02:31
20/01/2008 02:31

F
Foxy20v
Unregistered
Foxy20v
Unregistered
F



I am the proud owner of the new car. I enjoyed every minute of the drive down the M1. Lovely car and well looked after. Still think i'll get the colour of the lovely alloy wheels back to the original silver. Just like things to be standard.
Simon was very helpfull and seams like a nice bloke. I wish him all the best with the TVR.... Cerb's are nice so although the Coupe has gone you at least have some enjoyable motoring coming up when you find the right one to buy.

Foxy.

Re: It's Over [Re: ] #525432
20/01/2008 02:32
20/01/2008 02:32

P
pilgrim
Unregistered
pilgrim
Unregistered
P



Roly, sad to see you go. I was hoping you'd stick around for another month or so wink God luck with the noisy beast.

Re: It's Over [Re: ] #525526
20/01/2008 04:55
20/01/2008 04:55
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 864
North-East
zak Offline
Enjoying the ride
zak  Offline
Enjoying the ride

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 864
North-East
Roly, don't forget to come back here when you're looking for your 3rd coupe wink


picture too large; max size allowed is 300 x 100 pixels, please resize
2000X 20VT+
Re: It's Over [Re: zak] #528443
24/01/2008 16:15
24/01/2008 16:15

R
roly
Unregistered
roly
Unregistered
R



Cheers all - I've only been Coopless for five days and I'm looking longingly at Rog's old one in the For Sale section rolleyes laugh.

Re: It's Over [Re: ] #528452
24/01/2008 16:26
24/01/2008 16:26

L
Lucifer
Unregistered
Lucifer
Unregistered
L



Originally Posted by roly
Cheers all - I've only been Coopless for five days and I'm looking longingly at Rog's old one in the For Sale section rolleyes laugh.


Buy it!

Sod the Cerbera!!

laugh

Re: It's Over [Re: ] #528453
24/01/2008 16:26
24/01/2008 16:26

P
proccy
Unregistered
proccy
Unregistered
P



good luck roly whatever you do!! was nice to meet and chat with you on one of the stab-city meets, and i also have to thank you for your advice on the stag weekend issues i had... cool

Re: It's Over [Re: ] #528474
24/01/2008 16:46
24/01/2008 16:46

E
europa
Unregistered
europa
Unregistered
E



I'm in the same situation (7yrs + 70k miles - Although no TVR)... painful isn't it?!

Re: It's Over [Re: ] #528481
24/01/2008 17:08
24/01/2008 17:08
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 556
Nottingham
Cyclone Offline
Enjoying the ride
Cyclone  Offline
Enjoying the ride

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 556
Nottingham
Well done on the sale Roly!!

Now go and negotiate your way to buying the Cerb........a certain silver one has your name written all over it..

Jules.

Re: It's Over [Re: Cyclone] #528534
24/01/2008 18:35
24/01/2008 18:35

N
Neal
Unregistered
Neal
Unregistered
N



Good work Roly - go get that Cerb! They really are something special.

As I'm sure you know, you're ideally situated to use Joolz at trackcar solutions for your Cerbera needs - as Jules says, there's some silver thing on PH at the moment (which is probably in fair condition) that may be worth a look wink laugh

Although bear in mind that they are much quicker in yellow laugh



Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.018s Queries: 14 (0.012s) Memory: 0.6678 MB (Peak: 0.8117 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 23:25:54 UTC