|
0 registered members (),
1,089
guests, and 2
spiders. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
| |
Most Online39,516 Apr 16th, 2026
|
|
|
Injectors, FPR, Fuel Pump and Bhp
#526277
21/01/2008 20:45
21/01/2008 20:45
|
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,241 Anywhere that has roads
Welformed
OP
Forum is my life
|
OP
Forum is my life
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,241
Anywhere that has roads
|
I'm just after a knowledge filler;
basically at what sort of bhp should you be looking to upgrade the above items?
I've got a Walbro 255 fuel pump atm, but I'm not looking to upgrade the standard Fuel Pressure Regulator or Injectors until I reach around 330-340bhp (or post RR fueling results!). That sound about right? I go by the rough estimate of injector cc=bhp (as absolute values).
In fact a nice fccuk graph showing you what you should be looking to upgrade related to the bhp you intend to run would be pretty sweet you know!
A 340Bhp, 300lb/ft powered thread hijacker
|
|
|
Re: Injectors, FPR, Fuel Pump and Bhp
[Re: Welformed]
#526862
22/01/2008 17:29
22/01/2008 17:29
|
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,241 Anywhere that has roads
Welformed
OP
Forum is my life
|
OP
Forum is my life
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,241
Anywhere that has roads
|
Does no-one know then? Searching doesn't really come up with a definitive answer.
Will the standard FPR be able to supply enough fuel make use of 440cc injectors or even 340bhp on 330cc injectors?
A 340Bhp, 300lb/ft powered thread hijacker
|
|
|
Re: Injectors, FPR, Fuel Pump and Bhp
[Re: Welformed]
#526868
22/01/2008 17:37
22/01/2008 17:37
|
eldinho
Unregistered
|
eldinho
Unregistered
|
i suppose its different with each car! mine was fuelling ok at 360-370bhp with standard FPR and injectors but had Aquamist with 50/50 Water/Methanol! I think ross is on standard FPR and injectors aswell, but others have said their injectors are maxed out at over 300bhp!
if you get bigger injectors you probably won't have to change the FPR! people usually get a 3.8FPR to try and get that extra bit of fuel so they don't have to go onto bigger injectors which are more difficult to map!
just get the fuel checked after each mod then at that time decide whether you need to change the FPR or injectors!
|
|
|
Re: Injectors, FPR, Fuel Pump and Bhp
[Re: ]
#526978
22/01/2008 19:08
22/01/2008 19:08
|
stevo
Unregistered
|
stevo
Unregistered
|
Mine is at 330bhp with standard injectors and FPR. Had it lived mapped and they did not comment that fueling was a problem with the standard setup. I tried a 3.8bar FPR a couple of weeks ago but it made my car run rich, I could smell petrol so swapped back to the standard FPR.
|
|
|
Re: Injectors, FPR, Fuel Pump and Bhp
[Re: ]
#527048
22/01/2008 20:13
22/01/2008 20:13
|
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,241 Anywhere that has roads
Welformed
OP
Forum is my life
|
OP
Forum is my life
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,241
Anywhere that has roads
|
Really? 330Bhp must be well within your injectors capability then.  Cheers, sounds like it shouldn't be a major concern, I just know it would take me a month of dithering just to get round to buying some more unexpected mods. Maybe those who's injectors max out, just need to get some injector cleaner to them?
A 340Bhp, 300lb/ft powered thread hijacker
|
|
|
Re: Injectors, FPR, Fuel Pump and Bhp
[Re: Welformed]
#527058
22/01/2008 20:21
22/01/2008 20:21
|
eldinho
Unregistered
|
eldinho
Unregistered
|
you can get your injectors serviced professionally for about £100!
what sort of power are you going for WF?
|
|
|
Re: Injectors, FPR, Fuel Pump and Bhp
[Re: ]
#527068
22/01/2008 20:30
22/01/2008 20:30
|
h2ypr
Unregistered
|
h2ypr
Unregistered
|
I was running uprated FPR but removed it because i had enough fuel. I think how efficient your engine is, has something to do with it aswell.
Ross
|
|
|
Re: Injectors, FPR, Fuel Pump and Bhp
[Re: ]
#527069
22/01/2008 20:30
22/01/2008 20:30
|
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,241 Anywhere that has roads
Welformed
OP
Forum is my life
|
OP
Forum is my life
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,241
Anywhere that has roads
|
Dunno yet. I'll tell you after I've tried it and it keeps working. Hopefully around 350Bhp or whatever I think the standard internals/fuelling/cooling/chip will manage, then turn it down a notch. The usual.
A 340Bhp, 300lb/ft powered thread hijacker
|
|
|
Re: Injectors, FPR, Fuel Pump and Bhp
[Re: Welformed]
#527128
22/01/2008 21:45
22/01/2008 21:45
|
suba
Unregistered
|
suba
Unregistered
|
Stick with the standard injectors for 350 bhp, otherwise you'll run into mapping issues. If you need more fuel then go for a 3.8 bar regulator. 350 is also the safe limit for the standard internals.
Do you have a straight voltage feed for the pump?
I had loads of fuel left on a 3.8 bar reg and standard injectors for 344 bhp when my car was mapped, but the injectors had been professionally cleaned. The standard injectors will max out at about 300 bhp - but that does not mean that they can't supply the fuel.
|
|
|
Re: Injectors, FPR, Fuel Pump and Bhp
[Re: ]
#527195
22/01/2008 22:45
22/01/2008 22:45
|
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,241 Anywhere that has roads
Welformed
OP
Forum is my life
|
OP
Forum is my life
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,241
Anywhere that has roads
|
Well I was going to try some injector cleaner anyway, though I've always used Optimax as it was, so hoping I won;t have to! At £100 to get them serviced, wouldn't it be worth upgrading and getting a live map instead?
A 340Bhp, 300lb/ft powered thread hijacker
|
|
|
Re: Injectors, FPR, Fuel Pump and Bhp
[Re: ]
#528527
24/01/2008 18:27
24/01/2008 18:27
|
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,241 Anywhere that has roads
Welformed
OP
Forum is my life
|
OP
Forum is my life
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,241
Anywhere that has roads
|
Cheers. Nah, I just have a problem justifying refurbing/replacing an old part. When something expires I try to replace it with something worthwhile/lighter/gives more power etc.
A 340Bhp, 300lb/ft powered thread hijacker
|
|
|
Re: Injectors, FPR, Fuel Pump and Bhp
[Re: Welformed]
#528569
24/01/2008 19:19
24/01/2008 19:19
|
owl10
Unregistered
|
owl10
Unregistered
|
hgl motors (aka injectorcleaning.co.uk) will professinaly clean injectors, for the coupe they charge around £60 which includes them sending them back to you recorded delivery.
mine are there at the moment
|
|
|
|