|
0 registered members (),
1,286
guests, and 2
spiders. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
| |
Most Online39,516 Apr 16th, 2026
|
|
|
Re: pics please - 16VT tubular manifold with ext gate
[Re: Begbie]
#527960
23/01/2008 22:37
23/01/2008 22:37
|
Kenneth
Unregistered
|
Kenneth
Unregistered
|
|
|
|
Re: pics please - 16VT tubular manifold with ext gate
[Re: ]
#528199
24/01/2008 03:19
24/01/2008 03:19
|
Vas
Unregistered
|
Vas
Unregistered
|
Kenneth two Qs
how easy was it to modify the supersprint manifold for the external? Where is the external pipe exiting, just straight down or is it turned to the side of the oil cooler and exits there?
cheers
V.
|
|
|
Re: pics please - 16VT tubular manifold with ext gate
[Re: ]
#528261
24/01/2008 04:37
24/01/2008 04:37
|
bravoturbo
Unregistered
|
bravoturbo
Unregistered
|
Is the Supersprint not equal length from the pics it looks like its not but can't see clearly.
Matt.
|
|
|
Re: pics please - 16VT tubular manifold with ext gate
[Re: ]
#528320
24/01/2008 06:08
24/01/2008 06:08
|
Vas
Unregistered
|
Vas
Unregistered
|
Matt,
it's ALMOST equal length. I doubt it's perfect, works well though. Main problem is that it's 38mm whereas for high powered engines it's best to go for 42mm. I have one and I'm considering either selling it with the turbo and getting a new one with external and a larger ball bearing turbo, or maybe converting the manifold to external as Kenneth has done.
V.
|
|
|
Re: pics please - 16VT tubular manifold with ext gate
[Re: ]
#528366
24/01/2008 13:41
24/01/2008 13:41
|
bravoturbo
Unregistered
|
bravoturbo
Unregistered
|
I just wondered thats all as I almost bought a Supersprint and I was told it was equal length  Matt
|
|
|
Re: pics please - 16VT tubular manifold with ext gate
[Re: ]
#529406
25/01/2008 21:07
25/01/2008 21:07
|
Kenneth
Unregistered
|
Kenneth
Unregistered
|
hi again i think they are all equal lenght, but it is really a pain to do, special on the supersprint
|
|
|
Re: pics please - 16VT tubular manifold with ext gate
[Re: Danhgt]
#529433
25/01/2008 22:30
25/01/2008 22:30
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312 Sandhurst
Begbie
ex El Presidente
|
ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
|
external wastegate is the same as an internal wastegate, but it flows more exhaust gas out giving a better control of the actuator spring, it also gives less back pressure which in turn, gives you more bhp
Your car is Usain Bolt with wellies
|
|
|
|