Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Edinburgh), 211 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,715
Posts1,170,031
Members1,657
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,306
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,885
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Would it kill my engine??? #567375
19/03/2008 02:34
19/03/2008 02:34
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 295
Sunny Pembrokeshire!!!
jacob0902 Offline OP
Making a profit
jacob0902  Offline OP
Making a profit

Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 295
Sunny Pembrokeshire!!!
Hi all,
I hear different stories on this one!!
Do I need extra mods if I am going to put a gtec in my car??
Im looking aty this amongst other items, ie exhaust, induction kit,body kit.
If I was to buy all the parts myself could I just take it somewhere to get it done in a oner??
Or do I just pop the gtec on myself for the time being and do a bit at a time?

Thanks

Re: Would it kill my engine??? [Re: jacob0902] #567388
19/03/2008 02:44
19/03/2008 02:44

W
Webbo
Unregistered
Webbo
Unregistered
W



get a simple boost gauge and a cheap boost controller (prv) beforehand and it should be fine.

Re: Would it kill my engine??? [Re: ] #567404
19/03/2008 03:01
19/03/2008 03:01

E
eldinho
Unregistered
eldinho
Unregistered
E



also get the car on a rolling road afterwards to make sure the car is fuelling ok smile


Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.012s Queries: 14 (0.008s) Memory: 0.5964 MB (Peak: 0.6394 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-09-30 11:39:24 UTC