Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,111 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,722
Posts1,170,108
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,309
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,904
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 21 of 60 1 2 … 19 20 21 22 23 … 59 60
Re: Rare car spotting [Re: ] #584578
09/04/2008 12:24
09/04/2008 12:24

P
pfoe
Unregistered
pfoe
Unregistered
P



Last week i saw a Mitsi Evo X pulling into Tescos round my way. I didnt even realise they were released yet?!

For what its worth it looked like an angry Mondeo, not that impressed frown



Phill

Re: Rare car spotting [Re: ] #585430
10/04/2008 05:03
10/04/2008 05:03
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,632
Northern Ireland
D
daithi28 Offline
My life on the forum
daithi28  Offline
My life on the forum
D

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,632
Northern Ireland

On my way to Belfast last month I saw FIVE Bentley Continental GT's within a 55 mile stretch. Three northern Reg, two southern reg.

However, I haven't seen a single Fiat Coupe in months!! rolleyes

Go figure?

Re: Rare car spotting [Re: Wishy] #590834
16/04/2008 20:52
16/04/2008 20:52

D
Dan_S
Unregistered
Dan_S
Unregistered
D



i drove past a white Porsche GT3RS this morning on the way to work...

Last edited by Dan_S; 16/04/2008 20:53. Reason: smelling pi55take
Re: Rare car spotting [Re: ] #590915
16/04/2008 23:37
16/04/2008 23:37

J
jonnyh
Unregistered
jonnyh
Unregistered
J



Went to pick up some part worns of ebay for a mates drift car, and the guy had a Noble 12 in the Garage.

Re: Rare car spotting [Re: ] #590959
17/04/2008 00:44
17/04/2008 00:44

I
Infesticon2
Unregistered
Infesticon2
Unregistered
I



Not sure if this counts but saw an old cortina crusader estate in tescos today, was mint too...

Re: Rare car spotting [Re: ] #591056
17/04/2008 02:35
17/04/2008 02:35

J
jallen
Unregistered
jallen
Unregistered
J



Originally Posted by Infesticon2
Not sure if this counts but saw an old cortina crusader estate in tescos today, was mint too...


Well they are now very rare. On a similar theme how about this spotted at a local car museum:

Austin Ambassador

They had various other dubious classics as well and some interesting cars like a Citroen SM and a mint Lancia Monte Carlo.

Re: Rare car spotting [Re: ] #592379
18/04/2008 17:48
18/04/2008 17:48

G
Gralecoupe
Unregistered
Gralecoupe
Unregistered
G



I was quite surprised to see a De Lorean heading North on the M1 just outside Wakefield last Sunday.

However I wouldn't have been surprised to see some old bloke with loads of white hair at the wheel and then it just vanish in load of sparks....

Sadly that wasn't the case. frown

Re: Rare car spotting [Re: ] #592523
18/04/2008 19:54
18/04/2008 19:54

S
Skate2create
Unregistered
Skate2create
Unregistered
S



Originally Posted by pfoe
Last week i saw a Mitsi Evo X pulling into Tescos round my way. I didnt even realise they were released yet?!

For what its worth it looked like an angry Mondeo, not that impressed frown


I'm not the only one that thinks that side on it looks like a new Mondy smile

Re: Rare car spotting [Re: ] #592853
19/04/2008 03:54
19/04/2008 03:54

P
pfoe
Unregistered
pfoe
Unregistered
P



Well im not sure how rare it is but its still the sex, a TVR 3000M love love love spotted in the car park at work today

Re: Rare car spotting [Re: ] #593115
19/04/2008 18:10
19/04/2008 18:10

V
Vickster
Unregistered
Vickster
Unregistered
V



Alfa 1750 spider, c. 1930 on M25 this am love , brave chap given the weather shocked

Re: Rare car spotting [Re: ] #597125
24/04/2008 06:06
24/04/2008 06:06

M
mona
Unregistered
mona
Unregistered
M



Seen a few today - Tesco car park had a Reliant Scimitar GTE in a lovely metallic burgundy - W plater & in excellent condition. The design has aged well - really stood out. cool

Also, within about 200 yards of each other yet apparently unconnected were a Moggy Minor 'Woody' Traveller, a Moggy Minor convertible & a Mk3 Cortina. ooo I really thought I had turned into Sam Tyler for a moment - Life on Mars has a lot to answer for! laugh

Bizarrely, I went to Italy at the weekend - didn't see ONE Coupe. shocked Or a Ferrari/Lambo for that matter - plenty of Porsche's mind.

Loads of weird & ugly modern Lancias, as well as small electric trickery powered plastic micro car type stuff. Saw two gorgeous old Fiat 500's as well - one in dark blue, one in yellow. love

Re: Rare car spotting [Re: ] #600770
29/04/2008 01:46
29/04/2008 01:46

F
FreakinFreak
Unregistered
FreakinFreak
Unregistered
F



I was driving alongside a new Jag XF tonight, its huge, way too big and way, way too high.

Also has some very naff 'jaguar' nameplates across the side vents and the leaping cat motif really doesn't work when used as a badge on the boot.

Re: Rare car spotting [Re: ] #601315
29/04/2008 18:01
29/04/2008 18:01

N
nyssa7
Unregistered
nyssa7
Unregistered
N



I saw one of these yesterday in local Tesco car park - first time I can recall not knowing what I was looking at and having to go and look it up!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MITSUOKA-VIEW...308QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

"My" one was very clever, was running 1967 style E reg number plates to go with the retro look

Re: Rare car spotting [Re: ] #601464
29/04/2008 21:17
29/04/2008 21:17

F
FreakinFreak
Unregistered
FreakinFreak
Unregistered
F



^^^I pass one of these on the way into work but I didn't know what it was. It looks like a MkII Jag with that disease that prematurely ages small children (but for cars, obviously)

Re: Rare car spotting [Re: ] #601478
29/04/2008 21:46
29/04/2008 21:46

N
nyssa7
Unregistered
nyssa7
Unregistered
N



I felt quite chuffed, I thought it was very convincing Mk 2 Jag from the front, even the bumpers were the right shape, thought the middle section was Nissan Micra and wasn't too sure about the rear

Re: Rare car spotting [Re: ] #601622
30/04/2008 01:42
30/04/2008 01:42

F
FreakinFreak
Unregistered
FreakinFreak
Unregistered
F



its a weird looking thing isn't it. I only get to see it from head on and each time it looks like a toy jag.

I saw this on Ken High Street this evening:

Venice

which has got to be a bit of a rarity.

Re: Rare car spotting [Re: ] #602095
30/04/2008 18:53
30/04/2008 18:53

N
nyssa7
Unregistered
nyssa7
Unregistered
N



Ferrari 456GT Station Wagon, one of seven made as special order for the Sultan of Brunei

Re: Rare car spotting [Re: ] #602116
30/04/2008 19:35
30/04/2008 19:35

F
FreakinFreak
Unregistered
FreakinFreak
Unregistered
F



only seven, wow. The one I saw was silver.

Re: Rare car spotting [Re: ] #602146
30/04/2008 20:09
30/04/2008 20:09

T
TimW
Unregistered
TimW
Unregistered
T



That deffo is a rare spot then!!!

Re: Rare car spotting [Re: ] #603360
02/05/2008 15:01
02/05/2008 15:01

S
simonj
Unregistered
simonj
Unregistered
S



Another rare spot from this morning - british racing green Blower Bentley hammering its way down the A34 near Hinksey Hill, Oxford, replete with little Union Jacks. I slowed down and wound both windows down to hear it pass me, incredible car.

[url=]http://www.bentleyboys.com/august_2006_bdc_021.jpg][/url]


Last edited by simonj; 02/05/2008 15:02.
Re: Rare car spotting [Re: ] #603391
02/05/2008 15:34
02/05/2008 15:34
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 10,747
N.E Scotland
mattB Offline
Club member 6
mattB  Offline
Club member 6
I AM a Coop

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 10,747
N.E Scotland
I saw a passat estate with the W12 engine yesterday.


Death-rattle-tastic
Re: Rare car spotting [Re: mattB] #607202
07/05/2008 19:33
07/05/2008 19:33

M
mona
Unregistered
mona
Unregistered
M



A lovely Rolls Royce Silver Shadow II on a T plate passed me today - immaculate in a light greeny-gold metallic. Rare as it wasn't white & didn't have a married couple in the back!

Re: Rare car spotting [Re: ] #607394
07/05/2008 22:46
07/05/2008 22:46
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,446
Essex
evo_number_one Offline
My job on the forum
evo_number_one  Offline
My job on the forum

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,446
Essex
Ford GT40 (Black with twin white stripes) coming out of Ingatestone this evening.

I got no response to my quick flash with the lights - well I was driving the Wifes Focus! laugh


105
Re: Rare car spotting [Re: evo_number_one] #607406
07/05/2008 23:09
07/05/2008 23:09
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,929
The Faringdon Folly
O
oxfordSteve Offline
Forum is my job
oxfordSteve  Offline
Forum is my job
O

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,929
The Faringdon Folly
Funny that, I saw a Ford GT ('07 plate, white with blue stripes)last night on the A40 at Burford...god it sounded good!

Last edited by oxfordSteve; 07/05/2008 23:09.



Re: Rare car spotting [Re: oxfordSteve] #608505
09/05/2008 13:57
09/05/2008 13:57
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,929
The Faringdon Folly
O
oxfordSteve Offline
Forum is my job
oxfordSteve  Offline
Forum is my job
O

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,929
The Faringdon Folly
Followed an Ascari KZ1(?) spotted this morning through Burford this morning.




Re: Rare car spotting [Re: oxfordSteve] #608936
09/05/2008 21:46
09/05/2008 21:46

N
nyssa7
Unregistered
nyssa7
Unregistered
N



On the basis that exotica ar fairly common down in the South East, with stuff like 430s and DB9s not even worth turning round for any more, I tend to pick out the older cars, the ones you just don't see any more

Even Sierras and Escorts are falling into this category, let alone Cortinas and Capris

So a surprise today to see an Austin Cambridge A60 Estate driving into the local Tesco car park. That sort fo thing only usually comes out for weekend car shows

Re: Rare car spotting [Re: ] #609037
09/05/2008 23:34
09/05/2008 23:34
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,632
Northern Ireland
D
daithi28 Offline
My life on the forum
daithi28  Offline
My life on the forum
D

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,632
Northern Ireland

A 1930s Burgundy Lagonda 4 door open tourer passed through Drogheda, Co. Louth today on Vintage GB plates.

That is one big long car shocked

Unfortunately it was coasting down a hill so I didn't get to hear the sound of the huge engine.

Re: Rare car spotting [Re: daithi28] #612951
16/05/2008 03:43
16/05/2008 03:43

F
FreakinFreak
Unregistered
FreakinFreak
Unregistered
F



I saw a very lovely black Alfa 8c at lunchtime today. It was pulling into the Alfa showroom in Parsons Green, where there was another, red, Alfa 8c. So that makes two Alfa 8c's I've seen today - can anyone top that?

Re: Rare car spotting [Re: ] #622867
01/06/2008 20:20
01/06/2008 20:20

M
mona
Unregistered
mona
Unregistered
M



Went for a walk around Caernarfon yesterday & spotted this immaculate rarity parked near the castle love

Messerschmitt Bubble Car

Re: Rare car spotting [Re: ] #622874
01/06/2008 20:31
01/06/2008 20:31
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 6,478
Both feet in Meldrew Ave
Cappo Offline
Forum is my life
Cappo  Offline
Forum is my life

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 6,478
Both feet in Meldrew Ave
Wow, there's a part of me that's always wanted something like that in my fantasy garage!





Habeus Maximus V8 Nihilum

Page 21 of 60 1 2 … 19 20 21 22 23 … 59 60

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.041s Queries: 15 (0.034s) Memory: 0.7207 MB (Peak: 0.9314 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-10 07:20:41 UTC