Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,286 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
What do you think so far? #610187
12/05/2008 07:05
12/05/2008 07:05

W
will666666
Unregistered
will666666
Unregistered
W



http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn181/666666w/DSC00051.jpg
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn181/666666w/DSC00053.jpg
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn181/666666w/DSC00054.jpg

Have just created photobucket account for this so hopefully should work?

Fiat Coupe 2OVT in Grigio Steel with Violet Pearl Laquer and extra reflective metalics, wheels (17" antera six spokes), side badges, grill and fuel filler in Subaru STI Black with violet laquer and reflective pearlescent... LE lips extended and flushed to front bumper, rear diffuser chopped by and inch or so and flushed to rear bumper

Apologies for BW photo's had wrong setting on Cameraphone!

Not as tacky as the paint may sound, is a very, very suble colour change, bit less obvious than you get on some alfas, main thing it does is catch the sun more.

Deciding on what exhaust to put on as it clearly needs a double exit, may go for similar to the duel exit that Marius has on his new rear bumper, maybe two porsche, or two twin rounds...

Have stainless steel speedo/speaker/gear gate extra's and prob putting 355 pininfarina side badge on the bonnet (sounds weird but actually looks pretty good) and now has Italian plates.

Gtech, air filter and Baileys dv so far...

Thinking of sensible mods such as re wiring fuel pump to up voltage and changing to higher flowing one, maybe uprated intercooler...

Really just fancied some feedback on the styling, the kit is by JDL, but to be fair was an arse to fit and cost an extra days labour, next time I'll buy from Marius/AutoDS, but happy with the end result, will update with colour pics soon...

Random plug to anyone who hasn't joined the forum, the £25 spent has saved me £98 this year on insurance and 10% each time from Powerfiat, and after the service received so far will be the only garage who'll do the work on my coupe..

Re: What do you think so far? [Re: ] #610197
12/05/2008 11:37
12/05/2008 11:37
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,080
Dumfriesshire, Scotland
Baz76 Offline
Forum is my job
Baz76  Offline
Forum is my job

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,080
Dumfriesshire, Scotland
Looks cool mate,but i`m not a fan of bonnet vents frown .

Get some colour pics up laugh .

Baz smile


[Linked Image]
Project LE+
Re: What do you think so far? [Re: Baz76] #610205
12/05/2008 12:29
12/05/2008 12:29

T
Tartandude
Unregistered
Tartandude
Unregistered
T



Car looks great, but for me I would of left out the bonnet vent wink

Will be interesting to see the colour pics smile

Re: What do you think so far? [Re: ] #610287
12/05/2008 15:57
12/05/2008 15:57

T
tonyd20vt
Unregistered
tonyd20vt
Unregistered
T



Looks awesome, bar the bonnet vent, but its a personal opinion.

Have you done something different with the rear lights or is it just the camera phone?

Also, have you thought about colour coding the headlights to your bodywork?

Are you local to Powerfiat then, as I would like to see this car in the flesh.

Re: What do you think so far? [Re: ] #610332
12/05/2008 17:00
12/05/2008 17:00

S
Steamer
Unregistered
Steamer
Unregistered
S



Car lookin very sweet mate!Im not a bonnet vent fan either but I think it works here! Deffo for the coded headlights! Get some colour pix asap!!! wink

Re: What do you think so far? [Re: ] #610353
12/05/2008 17:18
12/05/2008 17:18

C
circolo
Unregistered
circolo
Unregistered
C



Car looks lovely. Although the bonnet vent makes me want to find a selection of envelopes, and post them. wink

Pearlescent looks lovely on the Coop.

smile

Re: What do you think so far? [Re: ] #610469
12/05/2008 20:01
12/05/2008 20:01

W
will666666
Unregistered
will666666
Unregistered
W



Ha ha... Did think I'd get the letter box/envelope comments, but wanted a one off practical mod, car is being cleaned as we speak so hopefully can get some colour pics up later today or tomorrow... Paint is very subtle, hopefully you may pick it up in the photos... Not local to powerfiat, live in Herts but justify the trip to Rog at Powerfiat as I think the service he provides is worth it...

Deciding on exhaust system, £400 for a 2.5inch pipework cat back or £500 for 3inch pipework, just not sure on the tailpipes...

Duel twin seems the best choice so far...

Re: What do you think so far? [Re: ] #610552
12/05/2008 21:26
12/05/2008 21:26

S
shabba
Unregistered
shabba
Unregistered
S



Vent is utter chav but otherwise its ok, nice colour - look forward to seeing it finished.

Re: What do you think so far? [Re: ] #610566
12/05/2008 21:35
12/05/2008 21:35

C
coupedave
Unregistered
coupedave
Unregistered
C



again i think it looks nice bar the bonnet hole

Re: What do you think so far? [Re: ] #610833
13/05/2008 03:56
13/05/2008 03:56

D
Danirv
Unregistered
Danirv
Unregistered
D



I personally dont like the bonnet vent on a car like this, and i will say that your car does look lovely, but also i may be thinking that surely a vent does aid cooling the very hot engine bay a tiny bit.

Re: What do you think so far? [Re: ] #610851
13/05/2008 04:10
13/05/2008 04:10

C
coupedave
Unregistered
coupedave
Unregistered
C



so long as you can get the hot air back out!!
hence why some high power scoobies with FMIC turn their bonnet vent round the wrong way!!

Re: What do you think so far? [Re: ] #610880
13/05/2008 05:46
13/05/2008 05:46

W
will666666
Unregistered
will666666
Unregistered
W



So apart from everyone liking the colour and almost everyone hating the bonnet vent...

ANY SUGGESTIONS ON THE EXHAUST?

Will try and upload the photos i took today at work...

Re: What do you think so far? [Re: ] #611284
14/05/2008 00:42
14/05/2008 00:42

J
jaip
Unregistered
jaip
Unregistered
J



how can everyone like the colour when the pics are in black and white.

looking forward to the colour pics.

Re: What do you think so far? [Re: ] #611524
14/05/2008 05:33
14/05/2008 05:33

W
will666666
Unregistered
will666666
Unregistered
W



Sorry, I meant the effect of the shine to the pearl... Photo's taken so will see if I can get them uploaded soon...

Would really appreciate feedback on the exhaust choice...

Re: What do you think so far? [Re: ] #611567
14/05/2008 11:44
14/05/2008 11:44

C
coupedave
Unregistered
coupedave
Unregistered
C



to be honest you can only just make it out in the pics, not many come straight out though, different, are you gonna mesh the rear valance??

Re: What do you think so far? [Re: ] #611796
14/05/2008 17:55
14/05/2008 17:55

T
tonyd20vt
Unregistered
tonyd20vt
Unregistered
T



I'm probably going to get a lot of opposition with this view, but I don't think twin exit exhaust is the way forward.

You have a car which is really underestimated by most, when you burn past them off the lights with your meaty single pipe exhaust kicking out a nice tone.

Go for a Powerfiat full stainless system. I've got the Cat Back Powerfiat exhaust. It doesn't sound like every other chav with a big exhaust and has a really nice tone to it when booted.

Re: What do you think so far? [Re: ] #612147
15/05/2008 02:19
15/05/2008 02:19

W
will666666
Unregistered
will666666
Unregistered
W



I have black mesh for the bonnet vent and also for both the centre and side sections of the rear valance...
The exhaust that's there sounds lovely and also subtle, growls at high revs, but quiet subtle burble at low revs...

It's just that i think the bumper is crying out for either a dual or dual twin exit, which would cost me £400 for 2.5inch pipework cat back or £500 for 3inch pipework cat back which I think is cheap...
Uploading photos tomorrow, not as arty but will hopefully show the colour better...

Re: What do you think so far? [Re: ] #612265
15/05/2008 05:57
15/05/2008 05:57

D
Danirv
Unregistered
Danirv
Unregistered
D



I think if your going dual then id personnally go single dual exit, not twin, but thats me

Re: What do you think so far? [Re: ] #612516
15/05/2008 18:22
15/05/2008 18:22

R
Raulus
Unregistered
Raulus
Unregistered
R



Looks very nice, I'm same with not being too keen on the bonnet but its your car laugh. Where bouts in Herts are u?

Re: What do you think so far? [Re: ] #612523
15/05/2008 18:31
15/05/2008 18:31

S
sweetride
Unregistered
sweetride
Unregistered
S



As above keep them single either side if you want to go dual exit. I had that on my megane coupe looked and sounded cool

Re: What do you think so far? [Re: ] #612557
15/05/2008 19:21
15/05/2008 19:21

C
coupe_jay
Unregistered
coupe_jay
Unregistered
C



I think the bonnet vent looks alright, not to my personal taste but it works, I do especially like the blended LE lips it's a nice touch.
If your going to go for twin exit go for a single one each side, twin twins are just too shitroen saxo

Re: What do you think so far? [Re: ] #613171
16/05/2008 16:44
16/05/2008 16:44
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 8,071
Southsea
G
Gunzi Offline
Club member 189, Former Club President
Gunzi  Offline
Club member 189, Former Club President
Je suis un Coupé
G

Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 8,071
Southsea
Personally I'm not a fan of any non-factory bodykit, but I think that's the only bonnet vent I can say I like. Its just a hole cut in the bonnet, no? 100% better than a cut & stick on job, which invariably looks shite.

The car looks good and the B&W photos add a "classy" touch.

Re: What do you think so far? [Re: Gunzi] #613292
16/05/2008 19:17
16/05/2008 19:17

W
will666666
Unregistered
will666666
Unregistered
W



Glad some approval for the bonnet...
Raulus, I'm half in Watford, half in Hatfield... so I'm guessing near to you...
Well 3 counts on the single either side, was my initial preference too, but obviously with the f360esque rear valance, was why I was thinking about twins either side... That said I can see the issue with it looking like a boy racered shopping trolley rear; that was half the reason for choosing this car, something different and classier without the cost normally involved...
Gunzi, glad you approve... The bonnet vent is cut and bent into a slight intake curve and has welded inserts so it looks more standard, was never gonna have some fiberglass shit stuck on... It's really growing on me and so many more people move over when I'm behind them now...
Apologies for the lack of colour photos so far, mate at work hasn't uploaded them yet and my link with my phone at home is STILL being shit... But I like the moody B/W ones...

Re: What do you think so far? [Re: ] #613310
16/05/2008 19:49
16/05/2008 19:49

D
Davey_H
Unregistered
Davey_H
Unregistered
D



Can I just say, everyone’s comments on the bonnet vent have had me ripping my hair out. The vent looks the bee’s knees!!! One thing I have noticed on the forum is that there is nobody willing to step outside the box and do a few crazy touches. will666666 is an inspiration. The vent looks amazing and I wish I thought of it first! Plus if I see one more set of LE side skirts I’m gone be mad (apologies for the side skirt comment). I beg and plead you mate, go for the side exit exhausts. With what style to go for I’d match the shape of the rear lights so I would deffo go for perfectly round tips. When it comes to size remember your exhaust has to have a bit of give in it and it will bounce up and down so if the bigger tip means it can bounce about without constant tapping on your body work (cos it would annoy the hell out of ya) it deffo go for that too!

Re: What do you think so far? [Re: ] #613325
16/05/2008 20:11
16/05/2008 20:11
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 6,478
Both feet in Meldrew Ave
Cappo Offline
Forum is my life
Cappo  Offline
Forum is my life

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 6,478
Both feet in Meldrew Ave
^^ Why not go the whole hog; trade in your crappy Italian-designed shitheap, buy a wikkid Nova, paint glue all over it and crash it through the doors of your local Ripspeed and see how much inappropriate tat you can come away with stuck to it?

I think you're missing the point in owning something of a design classic.....unless the batteries in my troll detector have gone flat.






Habeus Maximus V8 Nihilum

Re: What do you think so far? [Re: Cappo] #613370
16/05/2008 21:38
16/05/2008 21:38

D
Danirv
Unregistered
Danirv
Unregistered
D



I agree with Cappo, its like that coupe thats on a thread on here, with the fangs/beast head at the front and an orange rear, what the hell is that pile of crap, fair enough if someone wants to spend alot of money of having a spray job done like that then do it, but why do it to a lovely styled car.

Main reason i brought this car was the lines above the wheel arches, the lovely rear end (in a non sexual way laugh ) and also the power and sound of the 2litre 5 cylinder engine, the noise of the turbo when you put your foot down. Fair enough i have a Zender rear lip at home and zender skirts but i still think they aswell as the LE skirts go so nicely with these cars.

I like the look of wil666666's car, apart from the bonnet vent which each to there own he obviously likes, but the the front end looks lovely and smooth, the rear end (unsure on the valence) still looks really nice and would be ruined by a twin dual exit. Thats my rant over, i havnt been a coupe owner for long but i absolutely love my car and its looks, if someone gave me 6-7k and said pick another car id still go for a coupe (plus or LE) and thats exactly what i will be doing later this year looking for a mint LE or plus, i have the coupe bug.

Re: What do you think so far? [Re: ] #613383
16/05/2008 21:58
16/05/2008 21:58
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
pinin_prestatyn Offline
Forum veteran
pinin_prestatyn  Offline
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
It's awesome apart from the.. ah you've heard it before smile I'm part of the boring crew that doesn't like to mess with the coupe's looks, but then I do have a 360 bumper on mine crazy



Coopless!
Re: What do you think so far? [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #613449
16/05/2008 23:45
16/05/2008 23:45

W
will666666
Unregistered
will666666
Unregistered
W



Have i started off an argument between the Coupe community?

Believe me, time was spent thinking long and hard before any changes were made, as I honestly think this is one of the few cars where the designer, Bangle, got it right first time...

That's why the bumper is standard, but the LE lips do suit it, it's just I extended and flushed mine because I think that it looks cleaner, rather than the danger of them looking like a bolt on extra.

The wheels aren't standard as I personally think though the standard wheels are well designed and suit the cars lines, they are too small and look undersized under the slashed arches. However they are picked to look a standard choice and have the curves to match the curves on the car.

I'm not sure if I made the right choice over the repainted grille, badges and fuel filler cap, but it does look different and if I change my mind, will be easy enough to reverse.

The valance is maybe the lairiest thing about it, but noone has really mentioned it which is suprising? If I had any other rear end, then it would have a far more suble exhaust.

The LE skirts are widely used because IMO they are the best choice, had the same chat with Rog a couple of days ago, we had mine, a zender and a standard lined up and the standard looks like there is something missing, and the zender looks too fat and doesn't compliment the lines like the le does...

Don't get me wrong I still like the zender kit and thought about buying one, as with the 360 front bumper, but my choice not to was made as I felt they detracted from the original lines more than they should, and more than what i have done with the bonnet.

This is probably one of the hardest cars to be original with and not ruin the lines, one of the best I've seen is I think a Croatian Cosmos/Imperial Blue 20VT with a really different front end and Intake but which still looks almost factory.

Also Marius' new rear end looks the part and is one example of duel exit suiting the car...

Think we're all her becuase we like the styling and don't want to buy a nova, but at the same time it is worth finding out how to make the most of the car by individual touches because to be fair we've all bought the car because of the indivual styling

Re: What do you think so far? [Re: ] #615364
20/05/2008 15:24
20/05/2008 15:24

T
tonyd20vt
Unregistered
tonyd20vt
Unregistered
T



Your always going to have the two classes of genre's with the 'Standard' group and the 'modding' group with any classic/enthusiast car, myself being in the latter group as long as its not 'max powered'd' to the brim.

My cars the same colour and I too am going for LE Skirts and Lips, but now this car has got me thinking about Black wheels instead of Dark Grey and possibly smoothed Lips aswell. Its good that cars like this can provoke you into thinking about what you could do to your own car.

Will, hurry up and get some pics of her out on a nice sunny day as want to see how that lacquer looks. ;-)

Do you mind me asking how much all the body work cost you? T

Re: What do you think so far? [Re: ] #615387
20/05/2008 15:45
20/05/2008 15:45

B
belfastjohn
Unregistered
belfastjohn
Unregistered
B



Undecided on bonnett vent. Its pretty understated. In fact hadn't even noticed it at first glance. As for exhausts. That back valance def needs twin exhaust exiting either side for balance.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.020s Queries: 15 (0.012s) Memory: 0.7138 MB (Peak: 0.9305 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 23:27:16 UTC