Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,089 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Fiat dealers! Fccuk! #617700
23/05/2008 18:46
23/05/2008 18:46
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,241
Anywhere that has roads
W
Welformed Offline OP
Forum is my life
Welformed  Offline OP
Forum is my life
W

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,241
Anywhere that has roads
Fitting a new bonnet release cable and boot latch = £238!!!! shocked

3 hours labour they're charging me. grr

What are my options?

I was thinking for getting them to say how long it took to get the bonnet open, then for me to walk up and do it in 2mins.


A 340Bhp, 300lb/ft powered thread hijacker
Re: Fiat dealers! Fccuk! [Re: Welformed] #617712
23/05/2008 18:51
23/05/2008 18:51

M
MattW
Unregistered
MattW
Unregistered
M



Should have got the price before hand rolleyes

Re: Fiat dealers! Fccuk! [Re: ] #617713
23/05/2008 18:52
23/05/2008 18:52
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,241
Anywhere that has roads
W
Welformed Offline OP
Forum is my life
Welformed  Offline OP
Forum is my life
W

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,241
Anywhere that has roads
I did. £92 they said, over the phone...


A 340Bhp, 300lb/ft powered thread hijacker
Re: Fiat dealers! Fccuk! [Re: Welformed] #617717
23/05/2008 18:57
23/05/2008 18:57

L
Lucifer
Unregistered
Lucifer
Unregistered
L



have they actually done the work yet?

ps every sympathy re: Fiat dealers, the ones near me completely fccuked my car but thankfully I've had my revenge and won my compensation claim wink

Re: Fiat dealers! Fccuk! [Re: ] #617720
23/05/2008 19:01
23/05/2008 19:01
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,241
Anywhere that has roads
W
Welformed Offline OP
Forum is my life
Welformed  Offline OP
Forum is my life
W

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,241
Anywhere that has roads
How did that work?

I wonder if they've managed to bugger my bonnet paintwork getting it open (from when it was delivered already open)?

I'll be checking the mileage too. If it's a tenth over 92779... keep an eye out on the national news...


A 340Bhp, 300lb/ft powered thread hijacker
Re: Fiat dealers! Fccuk! [Re: Welformed] #617740
23/05/2008 19:24
23/05/2008 19:24
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 3,394
N
Nellybear Offline
I need some sleep
Nellybear  Offline
I need some sleep
N

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 3,394
Der... if they quoted £92 tell them that and pay £92.. pretty straight forward ain't it rolleyes


LSLO#8
Re: Fiat dealers! Fccuk! [Re: Nellybear] #617758
23/05/2008 20:11
23/05/2008 20:11

L
Lucifer
Unregistered
Lucifer
Unregistered
L



actually there's another point for ya, aren't fiat labour charges around £35 per hour? i'm not exactly andrewR but i do know that 3 x 35 ain't 238 laugh

Re: Fiat dealers! Fccuk! [Re: ] #617759
23/05/2008 20:14
23/05/2008 20:14
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,206
england
came2dance Offline
I AM a Coop
came2dance  Offline
I AM a Coop

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,206
england
35 pounds and hour! When did you last go to Fiat laugh


[Linked Image]www.chrisdoyle-photography.co.uk

Re: Fiat dealers! Fccuk! [Re: came2dance] #617774
23/05/2008 20:30
23/05/2008 20:30
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,241
Anywhere that has roads
W
Welformed Offline OP
Forum is my life
Welformed  Offline OP
Forum is my life
W

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,241
Anywhere that has roads
I've never really had an issue with the dealer prices before, but surely if I won't pay what they want, they can just refused to me the car back, or is that against consumer rights? If it was over the phone, it's verbal which means I have no proof. (WHEN will I get in the habit of recording my phonecalls as well as my car journeys???? My bad!)

edit: I did sign a consensus/agreement/invoice thing beforehand for £250 which included LE brakes and discs, which I pulled out from when I found they wanted to charge £125 per disc...

I set myself up for being too trusting don't I? Must learn to take a leaf out of my own book and stop judging others by my own standards! frown

btw, £65 per hour. The quote they first gave me sounded like and hours work plus the parts, which although steep is fair enough if you go in eyes wide open...


A 340Bhp, 300lb/ft powered thread hijacker
Re: Fiat dealers! Fccuk! [Re: Welformed] #617779
23/05/2008 20:36
23/05/2008 20:36

N
Neal
Unregistered
Neal
Unregistered
N



Point out the agreed price was £92 and that's what you'll be paying - no point even mentioning consumer rights etc.

I'd give them a call first and point out that's how much you expect to pay when you collect the car, see what they say. Speak to the manager if need be smile

Re: Fiat dealers! Fccuk! [Re: Welformed] #617780
23/05/2008 20:40
23/05/2008 20:40

N
Neal
Unregistered
Neal
Unregistered
N



Originally Posted by Welformed

I set myself up for being too trusting don't I? Must learn to take a leaf out of my own book and stop judging others by my own standards! frown


Maybe. Arguably your first mistake was taking it to a Fiat dealer in the first place.

Just mention that you made a note of the figure when you spoke with them (name of person you spoke to and time of the call will be very helpful, obviously) and go through it with them. I can't see that they can hold you to a £250 invoice when they didn't do that work for you.

Get stroppy if you need to (think you can manage that? wink )


Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.012s Queries: 14 (0.007s) Memory: 0.6363 MB (Peak: 0.7368 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 22:08:59 UTC