|
1 registered members (TonyB),
1,000
guests, and 6
spiders. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
| |
Most Online39,516 Apr 16th, 2026
|
|
|
Re: Just viewed a 16VT. Not very, er, "turbo-ie"?
[Re: kj16v]
#619487
27/05/2008 06:16
27/05/2008 06:16
|
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 759 England
Danhgt
Enjoying the ride
|
Enjoying the ride
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 759
England
|
When I say actuator i mean the actual rod that opens the wastegate, mines come off before and I got no boost it felt gutless. Easy to check just give it a wobble and see if its adrift, obviously with the engine cold  More importantly did it have oil pressure and were the cams worn?
|
|
|
Re: Just viewed a 16VT. Not very, er, "turbo-ie"?
[Re: kj16v]
#620623
28/05/2008 21:39
28/05/2008 21:39
|
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 759 England
Danhgt
Enjoying the ride
|
Enjoying the ride
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 759
England
|
Its common if they are'nt looked after i.e oil changes, only reason i'm mentioning it is I got stung when I brought mine. Maybe a torch and try to look through the oil top up? If you see anything that looks like wear walk away. What about the cambelt, their very weak. If its been done try and make sure the balance shaft belt has been done as well, if it snaps it takes out the cambelt. I know it makes it sound like a lot of potential problems but its worth checking and getting a gooden. I did'nt and paid for it 
Last edited by Danhgt; 28/05/2008 21:43.
|
|
|
|