|
0 registered members (),
1,286
guests, and 2
spiders. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
| |
Most Online39,516 Apr 16th, 2026
|
|
|
Are you rear indicator lenses dull and matt ?
#630514
15/06/2008 13:24
15/06/2008 13:24
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 21,083 Chertsey in the Thames
bockers
OP
Hon Club Member 007
|
OP
Hon Club Member 007
Forum Fossil
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 21,083
Chertsey in the Thames
|
Mine were and when the car was nice an clean they realy let down the rear end view  15mins on a Sunday morning and they look great. If you have this problem then try this guide. John
Last edited by bockers; 15/06/2008 19:55.
|
|
|
Re: Are you raer indicator lenses dull and matt ?
[Re: bockers]
#630647
15/06/2008 19:52
15/06/2008 19:52
|
symonh2000
Unregistered
|
symonh2000
Unregistered
|
Mine were but I used some T cut mettalic on them, and now they look nice and shiney.
|
|
|
Re: Are you raer indicator lenses dull and matt ?
[Re: ]
#630677
15/06/2008 20:41
15/06/2008 20:41
|
Gazza2905
Unregistered
|
Gazza2905
Unregistered
|
Yet another great Bockers guide! I had wondered if there was any way of refurbishing the rear light lenses, - and now I know  Another addition to the 'jobs to do' list! 
|
|
|
Re: Are you raer indicator lenses dull and matt ?
[Re: Baz76]
#630765
15/06/2008 23:48
15/06/2008 23:48
|
MABR
Unregistered
|
MABR
Unregistered
|
Someone did this at Stanford the other week - sorry, met that many new faces I struggled to keep track.  They used Meguiars Scratch X and they looked  in no time. 
|
|
|
Re: Are you raer indicator lenses dull and matt ?
[Re: ]
#631053
16/06/2008 19:56
16/06/2008 19:56
|
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,581 London
MrCooper
I need some sleep
|
I need some sleep
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,581
London
|
Do you have to take the lenses out to do this?
Ex Grigio Moon 20VT Plus Ex 350Z Now Aston Martin Vantage
|
|
|
Re: Are you raer indicator lenses dull and matt ?
[Re: ]
#631054
16/06/2008 19:56
16/06/2008 19:56
|
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,581 London
MrCooper
I need some sleep
|
I need some sleep
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,581
London
|
Do you have to take the lenses out to do this?
Ex Grigio Moon 20VT Plus Ex 350Z Now Aston Martin Vantage
|
|
|
Re: Are you rear indicator lenses dull and matt ?
[Re: MrCooper]
#631128
16/06/2008 21:45
16/06/2008 21:45
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,080 Dumfriesshire, Scotland
Baz76
Forum is my job
|
Forum is my job
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,080
Dumfriesshire, Scotland
|
Probably would be easier,plus as a bonus you can always get a bit of polish right into the back of the light pods while the lenses have been removed to help protect them from blistering  . Baz 
![[Linked Image]](http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/zero_2976/Coupe%20related/2.jpg) Project LE+
|
|
|
Re: Are you raer indicator lenses dull and matt ?
[Re: bockers]
#631258
17/06/2008 01:09
17/06/2008 01:09
|
AlanW
Unregistered
|
AlanW
Unregistered
|
Do you have to take the lenses out to do this? No probably not but it is a 5 min job, makes it far easier and as Baz says gives you an opportunity to clean and wax the recess Oooohh, I love a well waxed recess 
|
|
|
Re: Are you raer indicator lenses dull and matt ?
[Re: bockers]
#631518
17/06/2008 17:40
17/06/2008 17:40
|
feeblebob
Unregistered
|
feeblebob
Unregistered
|
lol @ AlanW! I was going to do this, I can't believe they're as dull as they are. Should be a nice easy one too (although time-consuming), compared to some of the other things on my list!
|
|
|
|