Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 910 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,722
Posts1,170,107
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,309
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,903
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Hello!! - New Coupe Owner. #656343
02/08/2008 01:35
02/08/2008 01:35

J
Julesman84
Unregistered
Julesman84
Unregistered
J



Hi,

I couldnt really find a "newbie" section so I am hoping this is the right place to say hello. Im 20 years old and am going to start my Fiat Coupe experience tommorow. Its a 20vt Scots Green with Tan Leather interior.

Its got full service history, 83k on the clock, just had a new clutch, cambelt needs doing in the next 1- 2 years. Being only 20 insurance wasnt the best but Ive loved these cars for a long time and decided now was the time to buy.

She is due a service so plan to do that in the next few days. Back when I was at college one of my lecturers had one and swore that it ran best on Vpower, so I am planning to do the same.

Im interested to know whether this coupe (reg on pictures) has been owned by anybody on here before?

Anyway here she is: (comments both positive and negative will be apreciated).


Pic1 Pic2
Pic3
Pic4

Jules.


Last edited by Julesman84; 02/08/2008 01:50.
Re: Hello!! - New Coupe Owner. [Re: ] #656349
02/08/2008 01:47
02/08/2008 01:47

K
karlos475
Unregistered
karlos475
Unregistered
K



Hi there and welcome,

Not long a member of the coupe club myself but can honestly say you'll love being a member!!
Hope you enjoy your coupe as much as i'm enjoying mine
I've also got a scotts green 20vT with zender kit and black leather interior - tho i'd love a tan leather interior!! love

Check your pics to be working i'd love to see'em.

Karlos


Re: Hello!! - New Coupe Owner. [Re: ] #656351
02/08/2008 01:53
02/08/2008 01:53

J
Julesman84
Unregistered
Julesman84
Unregistered
J



I have changed the image tags to links instead, not sure what I was doing wrong. Whats a zender kit?

Re: Hello!! - New Coupe Owner. [Re: ] #656358
02/08/2008 02:21
02/08/2008 02:21

K
karlos475
Unregistered
karlos475
Unregistered
K



it's a body kit - different front bumper, side skirts, rear bumper add. lowered a bit too - all of which done by previos owners.

clicky pic


Re: Hello!! - New Coupe Owner. [Re: ] #656359
02/08/2008 02:25
02/08/2008 02:25
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 23,347
North Wales
Theresa Offline
Former Presidentessa Club member 58
Theresa  Offline
Former Presidentessa Club member 58
Forum Fossil

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 23,347
North Wales
Hi and welcome smile

Re: Hello!! - New Coupe Owner. [Re: Theresa] #656380
02/08/2008 08:36
02/08/2008 08:36

V
veggy
Unregistered
veggy
Unregistered
V



Hi check your oil, set up an account with your nearest coop specialist. wink

Re: Hello!! - New Coupe Owner. [Re: ] #656381
02/08/2008 08:55
02/08/2008 08:55
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
stan Offline
Dr. Frankenstan
stan  Offline
Dr. Frankenstan
Forum Demigod

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
Originally Posted by Julesman84
I have changed the image tags to links instead, not sure what I was doing wrong.


You weren't doing anything wrong, the image tags are disabled on the site smile

Welcome to the forum smile


Ps. that is a lovely looking example cool
Remember to check the oil level on the dipstick on a very regular basis, some of these cars like to drink oil faster than a medical student drinks during happy hour! laugh

Last edited by stan; 02/08/2008 09:01.

[Linked Image]
Re: Hello!! - New Coupe Owner. [Re: stan] #656382
02/08/2008 09:28
02/08/2008 09:28

J
Julesman84
Unregistered
Julesman84
Unregistered
J



Yes ive heard they can drink it! To be honest in the past ive tended to check my oil on a fortnightly basis, ill just check it every week instead. smile

Re: Hello!! - New Coupe Owner. [Re: ] #656387
02/08/2008 09:48
02/08/2008 09:48
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
stan Offline
Dr. Frankenstan
stan  Offline
Dr. Frankenstan
Forum Demigod

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
You'll also find that these are one of the hardest cars on which to read the dipstick level frown

The trick is to let the engine cool down for about ten minutes, on perfectly level ground, withdraw the dipstick, clean it, insert it again and twist it in 360' circles a few times, then withdraw and lay it against a paper towel to get an accurate reading.

Also, it's worthwhile taking the time to read through the "Basic FAQ" and the "How-To" sections, it'll save you asking the perennial questions of "what oil is best, what tyres are best, what are the tyre pressures supposed to be, etc etc etc..." laugh


[Linked Image]
Re: Hello!! - New Coupe Owner. [Re: ] #656390
02/08/2008 09:52
02/08/2008 09:52

A
AlanW
Unregistered
AlanW
Unregistered
A



Hi Jules and welcome. That looks like a lovely unmolested car.

Repeat after me: "I will not ruin my lovely original car with bodykits or power upgrades".

There. Now doesn't that feel good ? smile


Re: Hello!! - New Coupe Owner. [Re: ] #656395
02/08/2008 10:08
02/08/2008 10:08
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114
highlands
jimboy Offline
Club Member 857
jimboy  Offline
Club Member 857
Forum is my life

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114
highlands
hello there, not much more i can add.....be prpared to be departed from your money, & you will, either good or bad wink


I'm an old git & happy with it,most of the time
Re: Hello!! - New Coupe Owner. [Re: ] #656418
02/08/2008 11:29
02/08/2008 11:29

R
Roadking
Unregistered
Roadking
Unregistered
R



Originally Posted by karlos475
it's a body kit - different front bumper, side skirts, rear bumper add. lowered a bit too - all of which done by previos owners.

clicky pic



Looking love love I nearly bought a Scots Green from Norn Iron!

J-man, welcome and good luck. Makes a pleasant change to see someone buying rather than selling!

PS Check the oil wink

Re: Hello!! - New Coupe Owner. [Re: ] #656421
02/08/2008 11:43
02/08/2008 11:43

L
lickyl
Unregistered
lickyl
Unregistered
L



First welcome, now check your oil not once a week but every few days, then a few times in between.
AlanW is right don't start modding the engine for more power it will never be a good idea.
And remember only certain body mods are approved, go read the RULES TO OWNING A COUPE THREAD.
p.s nice looking coupe enjoy.

Re: Hello!! - New Coupe Owner. [Re: ] #656459
02/08/2008 13:11
02/08/2008 13:11
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,833
Brisbane, Australia
Boosted7 Offline
My life on the forum
Boosted7  Offline
My life on the forum

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,833
Brisbane, Australia
welcome Jules!

Your coupe looks love

If you fancy meeting up with a few of us fccukers tomorrow, we're having a barbie just down the road at Walberswick. Details are in the social events section.

Oh and check your oil etc. tongue


1998 Steel Grey 20V Turbo
Re: Hello!! - New Coupe Owner. [Re: ] #656460
02/08/2008 13:15
02/08/2008 13:15

R
Roadking
Unregistered
Roadking
Unregistered
R



Originally Posted by lickyl
now check your oil not once a week but every few days, then a few times in between.


laugh laugh

Re: Hello!! - New Coupe Owner. [Re: ] #656469
02/08/2008 13:27
02/08/2008 13:27

V
Vickster
Unregistered
Vickster
Unregistered
V



Welcome, now bu*ger off and check your oil laugh

Re: Hello!! - New Coupe Owner. [Re: ] #656470
02/08/2008 13:29
02/08/2008 13:29

M
Mrs_LickyL
Unregistered
Mrs_LickyL
Unregistered
M



Welcome Jules!

Nice looking coop you got there - enjoy! smile

Re: Hello!! - New Coupe Owner. [Re: ] #656488
02/08/2008 13:48
02/08/2008 13:48

C
coupe_jay
Unregistered
coupe_jay
Unregistered
C



Wow you lucky fccuker! Very nice looking example, I bet the insurance cost nearly as much as the car shocked
Enjoy

Re: Hello!! - New Coupe Owner. [Re: ] #656525
02/08/2008 15:22
02/08/2008 15:22

J
Julesman84
Unregistered
Julesman84
Unregistered
J



Thanks for the comments guys.
Just got the car home, good 2 1/2 hour drive but well worth it, very happy seems to run very sweetly. My only worry is the oil pressure gauge, as soon as I start the engine it shoots up to 3 bar and stays there! When I was sat in traffic for 5 mins I did notice it go down a tiny bit. I would have been more worried but the engine seems fine, any chance it could be a sensor? Or is my wallet in for a world of pain?


Originally Posted by coupe_jay
Wow you lucky fccuker! Very nice looking example, I bet the insurance cost nearly as much as the car shocked
Enjoy


I dont like thinking about insurance frown

Jules


Re: Hello!! - New Coupe Owner. [Re: ] #656529
02/08/2008 15:30
02/08/2008 15:30
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114
highlands
jimboy Offline
Club Member 857
jimboy  Offline
Club Member 857
Forum is my life

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114
highlands
by all accounts this is good, very good indeed. someone will correct me if I'm wrong.


I'm an old git & happy with it,most of the time
Re: Hello!! - New Coupe Owner. [Re: ] #656530
02/08/2008 15:32
02/08/2008 15:32

M
MattW
Unregistered
MattW
Unregistered
M



Originally Posted by Julesman84
My only worry is the oil pressure gauge, as soon as I start the engine it shoots up to 3 bar and stays there! When I was sat in traffic for 5 mins I did notice it go down a tiny bit.


It's supposed to do that!

Unless it goes really low (less than half) when the engine is running then there are no problems there. wink

Re: Hello!! - New Coupe Owner. [Re: ] #656534
02/08/2008 15:34
02/08/2008 15:34

C
coupe_jay
Unregistered
coupe_jay
Unregistered
C



Originally Posted by Julesman84
Thanks for the comments guys.
Just got the car home, good 2 1/2 hour drive but well worth it, very happy seems to run very sweetly. My only worry is the oil pressure gauge, as soon as I start the engine it shoots up to 3 bar and stays there! When I was sat in traffic for 5 mins I did notice it go down a tiny bit.


Perfectly normal no need to worry, it can apparently go down as far as 2 bar with no problems but mine has never gone below 2.5 bar, as long as it's only doing it at tickover you can stop panicking and cancel that phonecall to your bank manager smile

Last edited by coupe_jay; 02/08/2008 15:34. Reason: beaten to it again!!!
Re: Hello!! - New Coupe Owner. [Re: ] #656537
02/08/2008 15:40
02/08/2008 15:40

J
Julesman84
Unregistered
Julesman84
Unregistered
J



Aha excellent! smile I suppose it wasnt so much the 3 bar when moving that worried me, more the fact that even when you first start the car (at a standstill) it goes straight to 3 bar.

Re: Hello!! - New Coupe Owner. [Re: ] #656539
02/08/2008 15:43
02/08/2008 15:43
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
stan Offline
Dr. Frankenstan
stan  Offline
Dr. Frankenstan
Forum Demigod

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
That's normal and I hate to say *I told you so....* but I did say "read the Basic FAQ" tongue

It saves you having ask questions that have been asked 12 million times already, and more importantly, it's better for your nerves/state of mental health/paranoia levels! laugh


[Linked Image]
Re: Hello!! - New Coupe Owner. [Re: stan] #656546
02/08/2008 15:55
02/08/2008 15:55

J
Julesman84
Unregistered
Julesman84
Unregistered
J



That FAQ section is very very good, apologies for diving into questions before checking there. Please dont hurt me smile

Re: Hello!! - New Coupe Owner. [Re: ] #656563
02/08/2008 16:34
02/08/2008 16:34
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
stan Offline
Dr. Frankenstan
stan  Offline
Dr. Frankenstan
Forum Demigod

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
Hmmm, hurt you........ <stan starts up the dentist's drill> laugh


[Linked Image]
Re: Hello!! - New Coupe Owner. [Re: ] #656566
02/08/2008 16:37
02/08/2008 16:37

J
Johna20VT
Unregistered
Johna20VT
Unregistered
J



iv seen mine go down to 1.3 but nothing to worry about wink

Re: Hello!! - New Coupe Owner. [Re: ] #656958
03/08/2008 14:04
03/08/2008 14:04

P
proccy
Unregistered
proccy
Unregistered
P



welcome jules, lovely looking car and i'm another who thinks the green is lovely.... love

if it's any help in removing your oil pressure paranoia, paul at motormech said there is no need to be concerned unless it drops to about half a bar.... after all, if it had no pressure guage (like most cars) you'd be happy enough wouldn't you? as the others say though, keep the oil level checked and maintained to correct levels - often!!

Re: Hello!! - New Coupe Owner. [Re: ] #657071
03/08/2008 19:22
03/08/2008 19:22

S
smokin_bob
Unregistered
smokin_bob
Unregistered
S



every morning you get up and head out to work she will put the biggest smile on your face. Put some masking tape over the oil preassure gague and you will enjoy it even more. (Homer simpson's fix) But do check the oil, mine gets through about a liter and a half every 1500K.

Re: Hello!! - New Coupe Owner. [Re: ] #689528
06/10/2008 00:00
06/10/2008 00:00

J
johnnystorm
Unregistered
johnnystorm
Unregistered
J



Originally Posted by Julesman84
Back when I was at college one of my lecturers had one and swore that it ran best on Vpower, so I am planning to do the same.


After our chat I thought I'd best dust off my old FCCUK login and see what's what!

I dunno if you meant me in the quote above or if you've had two Coop driving teachers! wink

I think most of my contributions here vanished with the great FCCUK crash a while back, hey ho!

Keep enjoying the coop and I've sent of the request for the new certificate!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.014s Queries: 15 (0.008s) Memory: 0.7138 MB (Peak: 0.9286 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-09 23:02:58 UTC