Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Jamiepm, renault), 680 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,722
Posts1,170,104
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,306
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,903
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Help - alarm going off whenever I unlock the car! #668653
25/08/2008 23:54
25/08/2008 23:54

J
jap
Unregistered
jap
Unregistered
J



I cant use my car at the moment so any help appreciated.

Whenever I use my keyfob to unlock the car the alarm goes off immediately! Even without opening any doors.

It all started a couple of days ago. When I unlocked the car it gave a little chirp and flashed the indicators 4 times instead of the normal three. Could that be a error warning of some kind?

The car will start with the alarm going off and the code light isn't flashing at all. Oh, and the central locking doesn't seem to be working on the passenger side. I can hear the passenger solenoid click but it doesn't lock.

Any ideas???

James

Re: Help - alarm going off whenever I unlock the car! [Re: ] #670410
29/08/2008 09:47
29/08/2008 09:47

B
Burgess52
Unregistered
Burgess52
Unregistered
B



Hello mate,

I had the same problem a little while ago. I had had the car in the garage for a few months and when i came to reconnect the battery the exact same thing happened.

The only things I done to solve it were:

I used the keys to initially unlock the door without opening it, then used the fob to try and dis engage the alarm. Now somehow I got the car to the position where the doors were unlocked and the alarm was off (after going off for multiple attempts)

I then drove the car for a few weeks with the alarm off and the other day I rewired/soldered a new switch into my meta alarm fob, walked up to the car, pressed my new button and its all fine again.

This post is probably useless but i may have done something that could help?

James

Re: Help - alarm going off whenever I unlock the car! [Re: ] #670993
30/08/2008 13:54
30/08/2008 13:54

F
Fariniac
Unregistered
Fariniac
Unregistered
F



Sounds familiar.....

1st thing to check, when you press the fob to disable the alarm are the doors locking or unlocking? If they are actually locking when you turn the alarm off it just means the central locking is out of sync. When this happened on mine the doors would lock and as i walked away unlock themselves. So, the alarm was on the doors were unlcoked but, when I turned the alarm off, sometimes it would actually lock the doors.

Like Burgess52 said, turn the key in the door, make sure the doors are unlocked when the alarm is off otherwise it's out of sync.

2nd thing to check. sounds stupid.....but are yousure you are turning the alarm off and not on? If the locking is out of sync and you're not watching the flashing lights, you might be turning the alarm on and the doors are unlocked when you walk up to it and BAM alarm goes off..

Told you it sounded stupid...but it has happened to mr when I have been in a hurry.:P


Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.013s Queries: 14 (0.009s) Memory: 0.5975 MB (Peak: 0.6406 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-09 17:41:32 UTC