Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (phil16vturbo, lancer778544), 629 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,722
Posts1,170,107
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,306
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,903
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Hello!! - New Coupe Owner. [Re: ] #689563
06/10/2008 09:03
06/10/2008 09:03
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,723
Brisbane, Australia
Possum Offline
My life on the forum
Possum  Offline
My life on the forum

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,723
Brisbane, Australia
Hi Jules and welcome from "Downunder".

Just check the oil and don't worry about the pressure too much at idle as hot oil becomes thinner and hence a lower pressure. (Here ends the lesson).


Re: Hello!! - New Coupe Owner. [Re: ] #689597
06/10/2008 10:10
06/10/2008 10:10
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 8,071
Southsea
G
Gunzi Offline
Club member 189, Former Club President
Gunzi  Offline
Club member 189, Former Club President
Je suis un Coupé
G

Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 8,071
Southsea
Originally Posted by AlanW
....if I get a Longlife stainless steel free flow exhaust would it be worth getting a K & N air filter as well? If so, how much extra BHP would you reckon? I don't want to alter any other stuff as I see the start of a very slippery slope looming


AlanW going for nearly stage 1 shocker shocked cry


Welcome to the site and it looks like a lovely example smile thumb

Re: Hello!! - New Coupe Owner. [Re: Gunzi] #689889
06/10/2008 20:19
06/10/2008 20:19
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 126
Edinburgh
jockey Offline
On a journey
jockey  Offline
On a journey

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 126
Edinburgh
Cracking looking example you have there, just my opinion but i think you you should keep it looking original. We dont want to see big spoilers or wheels after a couple of weeks haha.

I think a few performance enhancments are fine though but it should be fast enough for now..unless your used to driving powerfull cars. The insurance must be quite high, I was paying £1300!(21 years old with full ncb)when i got my car back in 2003. And listen to the others and keep your oil level checked. You probably know already but keep in mind frequent checking and maintenance is essential and it costs a lot more to run than a small hatchback.


98 Fiat Coupe 20 Valve Turbo 2003 >
Re: Hello!! - New Coupe Owner. [Re: ] #690076
07/10/2008 01:01
07/10/2008 01:01

J
Julesman84
Unregistered
Julesman84
Unregistered
J



Thanks for the comment and the advise guys, I have been checking the oil at every possible oppurtunity but she dosen't seem to be drinking it at the moment. smile

Originally Posted by johnnystorm
Originally Posted by Julesman84
Back when I was at college one of my lecturers had one and swore that it ran best on Vpower, so I am planning to do the same.


After our chat I thought I'd best dust off my old FCCUK login and see what's what!

I dunno if you meant me in the quote above or if you've had two Coop driving teachers! wink

I think most of my contributions here vanished with the great FCCUK crash a while back, hey ho!

Keep enjoying the coop and I've sent of the request for the new certificate!


Yes thats right, Coop driving teachers are far and few between smile

Excellent, thanks for that. If you could drop me an email or give me a bell when you get them back that would be great.

Cheers.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.016s Queries: 14 (0.010s) Memory: 0.6125 MB (Peak: 0.6776 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-09 22:04:43 UTC