|
0 registered members (),
1,045
guests, and 3
spiders. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums48
Topics103,722
Posts1,170,108
Members1,659
| |
Most Online39,516 Apr 16th, 2026
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: Cappo]
#622882
01/06/2008 20:41
01/06/2008 20:41
|
mona
Unregistered
|
mona
Unregistered
|
Wow, there's a part of me that's always wanted something like that in my fantasy garage! It was immaculately resto'd - really stood out I can yell ya!  It was totally open as well (beware the seagulls of Caernarfon!)  so I had a good look inside - it had a tiller style steering & a little plastic bottle (similar to one's you get on bikes) in the cockpit footwell that was linked by pipe to the windscreen as a crude washer!  Wouldn't like to crash in one though ... Profile view Rear view Cockpit view
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: ]
#622905
01/06/2008 21:15
01/06/2008 21:15
|
Nobby
Unregistered
|
Nobby
Unregistered
|
Today was quite a car enthusiasts dream if you lived in the Northamptonshire area. Spotted many many skylines, RX7s, GTiRs and evos heading for Silverstone. Obviously there was plenty of exotica at Auto italia. But the highlight.......... 3 Capri lasers and a 2.8i Granada heading in mini convoy along the A43 
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: ]
#623154
02/06/2008 10:38
02/06/2008 10:38
|
JamieS
Unregistered
|
JamieS
Unregistered
|
Popped into Sainsburys in Chiswick yesterday afternoon and spotted a GT3 RS - Or at least what i thought was a GT3 RS -It actually turned out to be a GT3 MR. Painted in what looked like that blackboard-type paint... it looked very mean indeed  I've never heard of them before but a friend at work immediately said "Manthey Racing"
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: ]
#625754
05/06/2008 21:32
05/06/2008 21:32
|
Robin_Banks
Unregistered
|
Robin_Banks
Unregistered
|
I didn't even know they existed, but I spotted a BMW Z1 going North up the A1 today. Looked to be in mint condition. Very nice - I want one!! 
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: ]
#625762
05/06/2008 21:42
05/06/2008 21:42
|
Bigtop
Unregistered
|
Bigtop
Unregistered
|
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: Wishy]
#627982
10/06/2008 10:27
10/06/2008 10:27
|
shabba
Unregistered
|
shabba
Unregistered
|
New M3 saloon today, REALL dull but sounded nice even at low speed.
Also saw a Masser Gran Turismo thingy, man that is one NICE car, pure sex - real head turner.
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: Cyclone]
#673214
03/09/2008 10:56
03/09/2008 10:56
|
warnysouth
Unregistered
|
warnysouth
Unregistered
|
XJ220 in BP on the A3 Northbound.
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: ]
#680716
17/09/2008 14:12
17/09/2008 14:12
|
JamieS
Unregistered
|
JamieS
Unregistered
|
Warny - I followed that same silver XJ220 from Ladymead, up the A3 until it turned off 
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: ]
#704856
09/11/2008 15:24
09/11/2008 15:24
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 7,705 Harpenden
sugerbear
Je suis un Coupé
|
Je suis un Coupé
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 7,705
Harpenden
|
F40 spotted today in Halstead, Essex. Plodding along at 40mph.
Last edited by sugerbear; 09/11/2008 15:24.
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: ]
#705099
10/11/2008 10:24
10/11/2008 10:24
|
ali_hire
Unregistered
|
ali_hire
Unregistered
|
Also saw a Masser Gran Turismo thingy, man that is one NICE car, pure sex - real head turner. Saw one of these on Southsea seafront about aa week ago and agree, very nice looking car. 
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: ]
#705110
10/11/2008 10:49
10/11/2008 10:49
|
JamieS
Unregistered
|
JamieS
Unregistered
|
Saw 2 very rare cars yesterday in Hammersmith/Shepherds Bush. First was a bright purple Lambo Diablo - Old Skool!! 2nd and by FAR the best was a near perfect copy of the Back to the Future DeLoreon!!! Awesome  Dont think i've ever seen a DeLoreon on the road before!
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: ]
#705402
10/11/2008 21:07
10/11/2008 21:07
|
symonh2000
Unregistered
|
symonh2000
Unregistered
|
I saw a Delorean the other week just outside Oxford. I wonder if it was the same one.
I also spotted a Veyron the other week.
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: ]
#705656
11/11/2008 12:20
11/11/2008 12:20
|
JamieS
Unregistered
|
JamieS
Unregistered
|
I saw a Delorean the other week just outside Oxford. I wonder if it was the same one. If it looked anything like this then it may well have been! 
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: ]
#705681
11/11/2008 12:43
11/11/2008 12:43
|
Nobby
Unregistered
|
Nobby
Unregistered
|
Ooh I nearly forgot. I saw a De-Tomaso Pantera on the M4 the other day  (sadly it was on the back of a recovery truck  )
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: Trappy]
#717049
28/11/2008 23:21
28/11/2008 23:21
|
nyssa7
Unregistered
|
nyssa7
Unregistered
|
recent spots in London have included a few Maybach (so maybe not so rare), a Bristol Brigand and a 70s Alfa Montreal hiding up a side street in the City
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: ]
#785258
02/03/2009 16:32
02/03/2009 16:32
|
nyssa7
Unregistered
|
nyssa7
Unregistered
|
Got overtaken (no sh1t ;-|) by a Bugatti Veyron on Saturday where the M40 becomes the A40 going into London
Number plate read YE5 1 CAN
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: ]
#785272
02/03/2009 16:52
02/03/2009 16:52
|
Spee
Unregistered
|
Spee
Unregistered
|
I followed a mint black Ford Fiesta Supersport today, I always wanted one of these when I was a nipper! I Clicky Made me smile!  Gareth
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: ]
#785886
03/03/2009 11:27
03/03/2009 11:27
|
JamieS
Unregistered
|
JamieS
Unregistered
|
Got overtaken (no sh1t ;-|) by a Bugatti Veyron on Saturday where the M40 becomes the A40 going into London
Number plate read YE5 1 CAN Reminds me of the time I was overtaken last year by a guy in a CLS 63 AMG on the A4 through West Kensington Numberplate read CO5 1 CAN
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: ]
#785909
03/03/2009 11:53
03/03/2009 11:53
|
TimW
Unregistered
|
TimW
Unregistered
|
I remember seeing that plate on an ML Merc a few years back in Uxbridge. Theres a guy that works in one of the offices near me - 911 C4 with the plate BA51ARD.
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: ]
#785955
03/03/2009 12:30
03/03/2009 12:30
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 8,915 Lightwater, Surrey
DaveG
Club Treasurer Member 311
|
Club Treasurer Member 311
Je suis un Coupé
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 8,915
Lightwater, Surrey
|
Yeah I've seen that black* BA51ARD a few times before * the car is black, what did you think I meant 
1996 Portofino 20vt & 2000 Pearl White Plus 2008 Ferrari F430 & 2017 Fiat 124 Spider
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: DaveG]
#785979
03/03/2009 13:05
03/03/2009 13:05
|
sweetride
Unregistered
|
sweetride
Unregistered
|
Passed a coupe Ariel Atoms recently on the way to work in Crewkerne. They do make them there so it's a bit of a cheat, but still  and brand new.
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: ]
#786103
03/03/2009 15:05
03/03/2009 15:05
|
TimR
Unregistered
|
TimR
Unregistered
|
I saw a Saab 99 in Dundee earlier today. Haven't seen one for years.
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: ]
#786644
03/03/2009 22:44
03/03/2009 22:44
|
nyssa7
Unregistered
|
nyssa7
Unregistered
|
Saw a 1972 Ferrari Dino 246 today, first time I've seen one of them outside a classic car meet in years
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: ]
#786655
03/03/2009 22:54
03/03/2009 22:54
|
flyingcustard
Unregistered
|
flyingcustard
Unregistered
|
Saw an aston the other day it was the small one(not the db9) but it has the engine and carbon disc`s from the dbs!! seen it in evo mag then seen the real thing on the M6 nr carlisle a week back  bonnet vents gallore!!
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: ]
#786671
03/03/2009 23:26
03/03/2009 23:26
|
Shifty
Unregistered
|
Shifty
Unregistered
|
Saw my first Enzo yesterday, what a great looking car!
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: ]
#786815
04/03/2009 10:22
04/03/2009 10:22
|
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,408 Essex
Trappy
OP
Club member 7306
|
OP
Club member 7306
Forum is my life
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,408
Essex
|
Standing in a queue to pay for a few sweeties in a petrol station last night, I over heard the two guys behind the till talking about a car on the forecourt. They clearly didn't know "what that thing on the boot was"... I couldn't see anything from where I was standing so waited to see when I got out. Sat there with the boot up (I assume to fill up) was a White (are they all white?) E reg Ford RS200  The only one I've ever seen 
F****** b****** thing...
|
|
|
Re: Rare car spotting
[Re: Trappy]
#786957
04/03/2009 12:56
04/03/2009 12:56
|
TimW
Unregistered
|
TimW
Unregistered
|
Standing in a queue to pay for a few sweeties in a petrol station last night, I over heard the two guys behind the till talking about a car on the forecourt. They clearly didn't know "what that thing on the boot was"... I couldn't see anything from where I was standing so waited to see when I got out. Sat there with the boot up (I assume to fill up) was a White (are they all white?) E reg Ford RS200  The only one I've ever seen Nice! Special, special car! Yea, I think they were all originally white
|
|
|
|