Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 538 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,722
Posts1,170,108
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,309
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,904
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Textar Pads #816088
18/04/2009 10:00
18/04/2009 10:00
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,581
London
MrCooper Offline OP
I need some sleep
MrCooper  Offline OP
I need some sleep

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,581
London
Does anyone know what the performance characteristics are of the Textar brake pad. Clearly it is more akin to a standard pad than a performance pad, but is it a direct substitute for the former or is it something more?

I ask as I am considering buying some of these for the front of my car and want to know if they are simply OEM equivalent or a little better than that - I assume they are no worse.

Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks



Ex Grigio Moon 20VT Plus
Ex 350Z
Now Aston Martin Vantage

Re: Textar Pads [Re: MrCooper] #816356
18/04/2009 20:23
18/04/2009 20:23
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 103
Worcestershire
joe90 Offline
On a journey
joe90  Offline
On a journey

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 103
Worcestershire
Hi MrCooper

That was a bit of a co-incidence. I, too, am after some textar front pads. I have some on mine and I can't recommend them highly enough. Have found them to be excellent. Well worth getting in my opinion. I think they are the same company as pagid.

I bought mine three years ago and they cost £80 including carriage (excluding fitting). I've now got a price from the same company of £130.

Have you seen them any cheaper?? Also, do you know what size or part number they are?

Joe




Re: Textar Pads [Re: joe90] #816383
18/04/2009 21:15
18/04/2009 21:15
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 17,386
Staffordshire
Nigel Offline
Forum veteran
Nigel  Offline
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 17,386
Staffordshire
Textar are better than standard, probably better than Mintex 1144, maybe close to Mintex 1155. Not as good as any of the Pagid range

Re: Textar Pads [Re: Nigel] #816994
19/04/2009 22:46
19/04/2009 22:46

J
jamie3
Unregistered
jamie3
Unregistered
J



where do you get textar pads from pls?

Re: Textar Pads [Re: ] #817037
20/04/2009 08:36
20/04/2009 08:36
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 17,386
Staffordshire
Nigel Offline
Forum veteran
Nigel  Offline
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 17,386
Staffordshire
Competition Braking Products

See the Pagid Group Buy thread - the contact details are in there

Re: Textar Pads [Re: Nigel] #817526
20/04/2009 21:31
20/04/2009 21:31
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,581
London
MrCooper Offline OP
I need some sleep
MrCooper  Offline OP
I need some sleep

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,581
London
Fronts are £115 inc vat, so you may be better off buying a proper performance pad for an extra £30....



Ex Grigio Moon 20VT Plus
Ex 350Z
Now Aston Martin Vantage

Re: Textar Pads [Re: MrCooper] #818740
22/04/2009 16:52
22/04/2009 16:52
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 103
Worcestershire
joe90 Offline
On a journey
joe90  Offline
On a journey

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 103
Worcestershire
that's what I've just done - pagid blue for £155 including delivery.

Re: Textar Pads [Re: joe90] #818810
22/04/2009 18:57
22/04/2009 18:57
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,581
London
MrCooper Offline OP
I need some sleep
MrCooper  Offline OP
I need some sleep

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,581
London
I'm afraid I'm either too tight for that or don't have the funds, so it's not for me!



Ex Grigio Moon 20VT Plus
Ex 350Z
Now Aston Martin Vantage

Re: Textar Pads [Re: MrCooper] #818953
22/04/2009 21:48
22/04/2009 21:48
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 8,071
Southsea
G
Gunzi Offline
Club member 189, Former Club President
Gunzi  Offline
Club member 189, Former Club President
Je suis un Coupé
G

Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 8,071
Southsea
I've recently fitted OMP pads (YB racing) with standard Mintex discs (AA) & fresh DOT 5.1 fluid. The pads were £45 delivered. They are not track pads like yellow stuff or some pagid pads, but they are definitely more effective than the standard pad and they have a very good bite from cold too.

I'm not a late braker or a track fiend but I've yet to find a situation that they've not performed very well.

I'm fairly sure at least 2 other owners have these pads too - I think one of them is Peanuthead.


Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.013s Queries: 14 (0.008s) Memory: 0.6290 MB (Peak: 0.7041 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-10 04:35:44 UTC