Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Robski1337), 1,372 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Intercooler aguments! #894027
04/09/2009 20:05
04/09/2009 20:05
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,728
London
kj16v Offline OP
My life on the forum
kj16v  Offline OP
My life on the forum

Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,728
London
I started this thread so as not to hijack poor Coupe-T's thread!

Originally Posted by 1nro
I've more than enough data to confirm what I say, maybe (kj16v) you should look a bit harder into the subject before being so sure. Try both and argue with me, then you'd have foundation to doubt (or maybe you'd not :)) I'm not in the camp of that'll do, it works, I'm thinking whats best and why and how to do it. Fair to middleing? not I.

The misunderstanding is quite amazing when I look at the likes of the link above, far far more susceptible to lag than an intercooler with an emphasis on increasing charge air core cross section. I haven't said the evo intercooler is rubbish just that it's not what it might be but for levels round here it'll do more than fine. GT_SEBO you should read my posts more carefully and be sure you know what it is I am saying rather than jumping on the offensive so quickly, some research on intercoolers, lag and the reasons for it would be something you should research, I've done enough to be sure what I'm saying.


I wasn't questioning your understanding of intercoolers. As I've already said: Your theory is perfectly correct. I've probably read the same books as you!

What I was getting at is that particular i/c, with an inlet at the top and one at the bottom, the you showed just wouldn't fit! (well no without having to make hack the car about)

It's good to know the theory and have an 'ideal world' solution, but in the end your gonna have to make compromises. There's a reason why most i/c's are long and thin, because that's usually the only thing that will fit!

Last edited by Begbie; 07/09/2009 10:06. Reason: quotes
Re: Intercooler aguments! [Re: kj16v] #894052
04/09/2009 21:29
04/09/2009 21:29

1
1NRO
Unregistered
1NRO
Unregistered
1



There's no need to call an argument (sp wink )it's a discussion of differing opinion, chill man.

" What I was getting at is that particular i/c, with an inlet at the top and one at the bottom, the you showed just wouldn't fit! (well no without having to make hack the car about)"


We'll that might be the case of it not fitting but I'm judging the potential for it to fit on the fact the evo fits, they have more or less the same outside dimensions. I thought you liked the grinder anyway smile

Re: Intercooler aguments! [Re: ] #894224
05/09/2009 11:03
05/09/2009 11:03
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,728
London
kj16v Offline OP
My life on the forum
kj16v  Offline OP
My life on the forum

Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,728
London
I meant an argument in the "heated discussion" meaning of the word, no animosity here!

I love the grinder! I like to keep chassis mods to a minimum though.

And since we know that the 'long thin' design works well on the applications they've been tried on, then the extra expense and hassle of fitting that particular i/c just wouldn't be worth it for not much gain.

Re: Intercooler aguments! [Re: kj16v] #894297
05/09/2009 16:03
05/09/2009 16:03

1
1NRO
Unregistered
1NRO
Unregistered
1



laugh "heated" no good getting heated or we'll need an intercooler!

I'm thinking you should lash the cash on the style I posted (there are much cheaper versions of the same intercooler out there) and save me the space of going to buy one just to see if it fits! if it doesn't fit I'll buy it off you at cost.
I'm fully sure you have suitable results on the efficiency of cooling but I'm prepared to bet you'll see an improvement in spool if you fit it with suitable intake tubing size.


Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.013s Queries: 14 (0.008s) Memory: 0.6048 MB (Peak: 0.6553 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 23:01:43 UTC