|
0 registered members (),
1,089
guests, and 2
spiders. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
| |
Most Online39,516 Apr 16th, 2026
|
|
|
H&R Springs
#914482
08/10/2009 19:07
08/10/2009 19:07
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 9,707 Gone
Jimbo
OP
Je suis un Coupé
|
OP
Je suis un Coupé
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 9,707
Gone
|
Looking at the list of springs available for the coupe and knowing how good H&R kit is I'm surprised I've not read anyone having tried these springs. Is anyone out there running around with these fitted ? I just wondered if they were as harsh as the Eibachs ? At £224 they still aren't cheap but H&R have always been very good quality kit and are price wise in direct competition to the Eibach kit. There is even a set for Taz Gold Plated Springs at a reasonable £1570 Oh and at 35mm they offer an extra 5mm lowering over the Eibach kit ! Thats 5 whole milimeters guys, it makes a difference !
Last edited by Jimbo; 08/10/2009 19:10.
|
|
|
Re: H&R Springs
[Re: Jimbo]
#914595
08/10/2009 21:56
08/10/2009 21:56
|
Taz
Unregistered
|
Taz
Unregistered
|
Looking at the list of springs available for the coupe and knowing how good H&R kit is I'm surprised I've not read anyone having tried these springs. Is anyone out there running around with these fitted ? I just wondered if they were as harsh as the Eibachs ? At £224 they still aren't cheap but H&R have always been very good quality kit and are price wise in direct competition to the Eibach kit. There is even a set for Taz Gold Plated Springs at a reasonable £1570 Oh and at 35mm they offer an extra 5mm lowering over the Eibach kit ! Thats 5 whole milimeters guys, it makes a difference ! Do they do Platinum ?? 
|
|
|
Re: H&R Springs
[Re: Jimbo]
#916642
12/10/2009 21:23
12/10/2009 21:23
|
addict
Unregistered
|
addict
Unregistered
|
My expectations are high for the H&R's (as I mentioned, I had them on my 911 and they were great). There must be a better spring for our cars than the Eibachs.
|
|
|
Re: H&R Springs
[Re: ]
#916670
12/10/2009 21:34
12/10/2009 21:34
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 9,707 Gone
Jimbo
OP
Je suis un Coupé
|
OP
Je suis un Coupé
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 9,707
Gone
|
That's what I was thinking  My only concern is they are 5mm lower than the Eibachs so could actually be stiffer but there is only one way to find out I guess. I will be ordering some osrav front dampers and keeping the Leda rears as they are superb and easy to adjust, I think I'll go for these H&R springs and give them a try, they should get the car as low as it is now but give me some more suspension travel.
|
|
|
Re: H&R Springs
[Re: Jimbo]
#916798
12/10/2009 23:26
12/10/2009 23:26
|
jonone
Unregistered
|
jonone
Unregistered
|
how much droop do you have jimbo?(oh er),why do you need more travel?
|
|
|
Re: H&R Springs
[Re: Jimbo]
#917457
13/10/2009 20:08
13/10/2009 20:08
|
jonone
Unregistered
|
jonone
Unregistered
|
When you say 1"of travel, do you mean bump travel or do you mean droop or total travel?
|
|
|
Re: H&R Springs
[Re: Jimbo]
#917487
13/10/2009 20:26
13/10/2009 20:26
|
jonone
Unregistered
|
jonone
Unregistered
|
I'm glad you did not mean total travel  how much bump travel do you think you should have on our type of damper?
|
|
|
|