|
0 registered members (),
910
guests, and 6
spiders. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums48
Topics103,722
Posts1,170,107
Members1,659
| |
Most Online39,516 Apr 16th, 2026
|
|
|
Examples of when you've felt good about your Coop
#928351
02/11/2009 22:27
02/11/2009 22:27
|
JKD
Unregistered
|
JKD
Unregistered
|
Last week I was at the petrol station. I went to pay for the petrol and as I walked back to the Coupe, it looked totally huge - and I mean Lamborghini dimensions! Maybe it was because the space where I had parked it next to the petrol pump was small, but it looked like a supercar.
Then on Halloween, everyone who came trick or treating said things like 'nice car' and 'I like your car.'
Anyone else got any examples which have made the constant stress and paranoia worthwhile?
|
|
|
Re: Examples of when you've felt good about your Coop
[Re: ]
#928391
02/11/2009 23:21
02/11/2009 23:21
|
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,486 London Tan
technics
I need some sleep
|
I need some sleep
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,486
London Tan
|
I wish I had more comments on my coop, never really get any. I personally think it looks nice, always keep it clean, Moon Grey Plus lowered on 18" Azevs. Tell a lie, Nismo gave me a comment the other day when I met him quickly to sell a part. Thats it though.
Now in the 400+ bhp club!
|
|
|
Re: Examples of when you've felt good about your Coop
[Re: ]
#928393
02/11/2009 23:24
02/11/2009 23:24
|
normuk
Unregistered
|
normuk
Unregistered
|
On a cold dry evening such as this one, the coop can just feel brand new again! Iv had so much fun the past few days, especially with admiring friends needing lifts.
Just the simple things bring the enjoyment I think, the everyday things we tend forget!
|
|
|
Re: Examples of when you've felt good about your Coop
[Re: ]
#928401
02/11/2009 23:38
02/11/2009 23:38
|
neils20vtcoop
Unregistered
|
neils20vtcoop
Unregistered
|
Some little hooligan in an MR2 decided to undertake 3 cars (which were all behind me) on the A1M in a particularly aggressive manor yesterday. He then proceeded to pull up along side me and then, wait for it......he backed off and began driving more sensibly all of a sudden! It was as if he read the "20vt" badge on the door pillar and got scared!  Last week in Tesco's carpark I overheard a kid say to his Dad (who I had parked next to), "Wow, I wish you'd get a car like that Dad, that looks fast! Your cars are always boring and slow". I found this most amusing and definitely had a strong sense of "Coupe pride" that day although I couldn't help but feel sorry for the poor old Dad! The following day was bright and sunny which made all the stonechips and scratches on my bonnet stick out a mile on my driveway which got me back to thinking of all the £££s I'll be spending on my car soon  It is good to feel proud instead of of paranoid at lesat once in a while though.
|
|
|
Re: Examples of when you've felt good about your Coop
[Re: ]
#928403
02/11/2009 23:44
02/11/2009 23:44
|
porkypaul
Unregistered
|
porkypaul
Unregistered
|
I felt good about my coupe a few times this year, Brooklands, AGM weekend included the track  , Blackpool meet and every other meet I've done come to think of it 
|
|
|
Re: Examples of when you've felt good about your Coop
[Re: ]
#928407
02/11/2009 23:51
02/11/2009 23:51
|
MattM
Unregistered
|
MattM
Unregistered
|
Best i have ever felt was at Spa. All the coops were really ripping up the track but i overtook so much exotica it was amazing. I got back to the pits and everyone was gathered round my car, looking at the brakes smoking and my engine and asking me about the car. Felt really proud.
Worst moment was cam belt snapping last week.
It will be back though
|
|
|
Re: Examples of when you've felt good about your Coop
[Re: technics]
#928428
03/11/2009 00:34
03/11/2009 00:34
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,206 england
came2dance
I AM a Coop
|
I AM a Coop
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,206
england
|
I wish I had more comments on my coop, never really get any. I personally think it looks nice, always keep it clean, Moon Grey Plus lowered on 18" Azevs. Tell a lie, Nismo gave me a comment the other day when I met him quickly to sell a part. Thats it though. That's cos you live in London and no one talks to each other. If you brought a moon grey plus on 18" Azevs up here you'd get plenty comments. Best I've felt about mine was a few years ago when I'd re-painted the sills black, refurbed the wheels and given it a really good clean  Right now it looks like it did before I started all that  Maybe I'll do it again in spring
![[Linked Image]](http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v723/came2dance/1.jpg) www.chrisdoyle-photography.co.uk
|
|
|
Re: Examples of when you've felt good about your Coop
[Re: came2dance]
#928444
03/11/2009 01:01
03/11/2009 01:01
|
Insy
Unregistered
|
Insy
Unregistered
|
Oddly enough I've had a lot of comments recently about the coop. Turned up to a kitchen survey (I'm a kitchen designer) with it one time and a voice from beyond shouted down the stairs "I like your car!" - the couple's young son had obviously spotted it and took a liking  Another recent time was when I was playing musical cars on the drive (moving them around). The chap opposite came to his gate and just started raving over it. Said he knew where I got it from and could tell I've spent a small fortune on it. "lovely car" etc. Third one worthy of a mention was the re-assuring look I got when I pulled up on site one day with some parts for a kitchen (taps or similar so could fit in the coop!) - the site manager came to me and said "is that a 20v?". Made a change as usually I get asked "is that a turbo one?"! I replied with that it was a 20v model but non turbo - even with that said, the look on his face was of admiration and recognition that I owned something 'cool'  The coop has ups and downs, but I have to say I pretty much feel positive about my coop most of the time! Wouldn't change it for the world 
|
|
|
Re: Examples of when you've felt good about your Coop
[Re: ]
#928445
03/11/2009 01:03
03/11/2009 01:03
|
Insy
Unregistered
|
Insy
Unregistered
|
Actually, to be fair... I worship my Coupe 
|
|
|
Re: Examples of when you've felt good about your Coop
[Re: Theresa]
#928512
03/11/2009 09:58
03/11/2009 09:58
|
feeblebob
Unregistered
|
feeblebob
Unregistered
|
Times when I've felt good about it - The day I bought it, and again, a week later, the day I picked it up and drove back to Rotherham. The convoy from the pub to the Cosford meet (first one?) when there were 20-30 of us, seeing at at Joes on Saturday as I pulled round the corner and set eyes on it for first time since it's makeover. Every morning I leave the flat and walk towards it...most of the time really.
Bad times - When my coolant hose of death went on my way to see my little daughter, and realising if only I'd got off my ar$3 and bought the metal one off the GB, it wouldn't have happened. Bumping into the back of a nervous nerys and thinking my NCB was stuffed.
Plenty more good than bad though :-)
Edit - Reading this back, the bad times are all my fault and not the car's....lol
Last edited by feeblebob; 03/11/2009 09:59.
|
|
|
Re: Examples of when you've felt good about your Coop
[Re: barnacle]
#928614
03/11/2009 13:19
03/11/2009 13:19
|
Per
Unregistered
|
Per
Unregistered
|
Just before I deregistrated it for the winter I loved the smooth creamy feel of driving it now, new good Flea-map, new clutch, good brakes, pretty much everything tip-top. So nice!  I also got a recent comment from the kid at Shell, áctually spotting "a Fiat" but failed to realize it was NOT a brand new model.. 
|
|
|
Re: Examples of when you've felt good about your Coop
[Re: barnacle]
#928628
03/11/2009 13:48
03/11/2009 13:48
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 6,572 Northampton England
Sedicivalvole
Forum is my life
|
Forum is my life
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 6,572
Northampton England
|
I don't love my woman. I just say that to get it into bed. Corrected that statement to apply to the majority of the UK.
Vinci Grey LE Alfa 147 GTA 3.2 V6 BMW E92 M3 4.0 V8 Fiat Tipo Sedicivalvole 2.0 16v ABS
|
|
|
Re: Examples of when you've felt good about your Coop
[Re: Sedicivalvole]
#928825
03/11/2009 19:39
03/11/2009 19:39
|
proccy
Unregistered
|
proccy
Unregistered
|
was washing and drying it near morrisons close to where i work last week, and some youths came over asking what it was, it's performance etc etc - ended with both of them saying it's the car they aspire to but realise they'll never be able to afford it or the insurance....
|
|
|
Re: Examples of when you've felt good about your Coop
[Re: ]
#928842
03/11/2009 19:54
03/11/2009 19:54
|
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,477 Birmingham City Centre!
MattyB
My job on the forum
|
My job on the forum
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,477
Birmingham City Centre!
|
Driving through town to over hear "Man, thats nice... for a Fiat" And when i had my Red 16v (all nice and shiny) and pulled up outside the house in the yellow 20v (Again lovely and shiny) Both neighbours were outside and commented on how lovely the cars looked and how it made them feel really summery  (both female lol)
Ex Coupe Owner - Unfortunate Peugeot driver!
|
|
|
Re: Examples of when you've felt good about your Coop
[Re: MattyB]
#928849
03/11/2009 20:02
03/11/2009 20:02
|
paulp
Unregistered
|
paulp
Unregistered
|
I always feel good about my Coupe, probably because I use it so infrequently but it has never let me down and I know I could drive anywhere in it. I never felt that with my TVR Griff.
|
|
|
Re: Examples of when you've felt good about your Coop
[Re: ]
#928860
03/11/2009 20:21
03/11/2009 20:21
|
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,799 In the coupe.
magooagain
Club member 259
|
Club member 259
Forum is my life
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,799
In the coupe.
|
When my old French neighbour asked if i had won the Euro lotto while admiring my coop. I generally feel great about the coop,i just wish i could take it out more. As Matt said,i think we all felt good about all coupe,s when you saw over 50 of them lined up at Spa.
|
|
|
Re: Examples of when you've felt good about your Coop
[Re: ]
#928861
03/11/2009 20:24
03/11/2009 20:24
|
feeblebob
Unregistered
|
feeblebob
Unregistered
|
In addition to my comments above, the last few days have been pretty special, LOADS of my workmates have been coming up in person, MSNing and ringing to say how good mine looks, even ones I wouldn't expect to. I don't think a lot of them believed it would look as good as it does. Hee, hee
|
|
|
Re: Examples of when you've felt good about your Coop
[Re: ]
#928881
03/11/2009 21:23
03/11/2009 21:23
|
jas_racing
Unregistered
|
jas_racing
Unregistered
|
Hmmm...several for me - Walking out at lunchtime to see one of our Sales Managers stroking the paintwork & exclaiming "it's SO smoooooth..." Couple of occasions when lads of around 10 or 11 years old have pointed to my car when driving past and said "wow - cool car!!" Walking out of Tesco's a couple of years back (when I had my previous 20VT, now in Mansilla's careful hands) to find a guy with his 2 young-ish sons peering through the windows - Dad managed to mutter "cool car mate" as he quickly pulled his lads away having realise the owner was approaching! Being the only Light Red Metallic Coupé at Brooklands in the Spring this year. Being asked if I'd enter my Plus in the Concours at Standford Hall this year (and having SO many nice comments from the guys & gals wandering around the show). Oh, and finally turning up at any of the Auto Italia events this year and realising I own a car that can be classed as "special" and hence I can be rightly proud of
|
|
|
Re: Examples of when you've felt good about your Coop
[Re: Taff]
#928945
03/11/2009 22:32
03/11/2009 22:32
|
Shifty
Unregistered
|
Shifty
Unregistered
|
Stuck in traffic tonight on the M25, looked in the rear view mirror to see two blokes in the car behind talking about the coupes lines. I'm not sure if it was good or bad but the fact that the car I was driving was worth talking about made me feel good.
|
|
|
Re: Examples of when you've felt good about your C
[Re: Taff]
#928949
03/11/2009 22:33
03/11/2009 22:33
|
patch234
Unregistered
|
patch234
Unregistered
|
Every time I see mine
|
|
|
Re: Examples of when you've felt good about your C
[Re: ]
#928971
03/11/2009 22:47
03/11/2009 22:47
|
swiftpete
Unregistered
|
swiftpete
Unregistered
|
I turned up to quote a job the other day. The van was off the road so I turned up in the car. The first comment was, 'Wow, that's a nice car. You're obviously earning enough'! I told her it was quite an old car and I just keep it clean as I didnt want her to think I was some sort of flash harry, but it was quite cool at the same time!
I also gave a mate of mate a lift the other day. I didnt really give it full bore, but did a bit of fairly hard acceleration up to about 80. Heard a 'whoa yeah' from him and turned to see his face had lit up. The lad still had a smile on his face 5 mins later when I pulled up at his place. That was pretty good too!
|
|
|
Re: Examples of when you've felt good about your C
[Re: paulw]
#929137
04/11/2009 09:55
04/11/2009 09:55
|
Per
Unregistered
|
Per
Unregistered
|
A working mate (punto + alfa romeo guy) was in my car out for lunch and he was thoroghly shocked and stunned about the performance.. He somehow just thought it looked very nice and CLEAN and that. Mine isn't very loud either, it sounds almost like a std one. Never expected it to be violently fast too.. 
|
|
|
Re: Examples of when you've felt good about your C
[Re: Nigel]
#929423
04/11/2009 16:35
04/11/2009 16:35
|
samsite999
Unregistered
|
samsite999
Unregistered
|
Today, paying for petrol and the girl saying how nice my car looked, couldn't believe it was a old fiat and "its very yellow isnt it"  I was grinning ear to ear
|
|
|
Re: Examples of when you've felt good about your C
[Re: ]
#929686
04/11/2009 23:47
04/11/2009 23:47
|
AlanW
Unregistered
|
AlanW
Unregistered
|
Every time I drive it or look at it or wash it or someone compliments it......
|
|
|
Re: Examples of when you've felt good about your C
[Re: ]
#929701
04/11/2009 23:59
04/11/2009 23:59
|
Spee
Unregistered
|
Spee
Unregistered
|
Whenever it gets me where I'm going with no dramas, and so far, thats everytime!
Oh what have I said!!
|
|
|
|