|
0 registered members (),
1,286
guests, and 2
spiders. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
| |
Most Online39,516 Apr 16th, 2026
|
|
|
Which are best - LE red or black centre wheel caps
#971943
23/01/2010 20:13
23/01/2010 20:13
|
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 826 Kent
cyborg7
OP
Enjoying the ride
|
OP
Enjoying the ride
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 826
Kent
|
Which are best - LE red or black centre wheel caps? Fight!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not the most important issue in the world I know but I'm currently refurbing my wheels and something that someone said last summer's still bugging me. Had a friend major TVR owner/fanatic look over the coupe and he was absolutely blown away and couldn't praise it enough. Apart from the LE red centre wheel caps which he said just look all wrong. And would be much better if they were just black.
I'm loathed to change them as I'm trying to keep standard, but fighting not to agree.
What's the general opinion out there please?. Silly minor issue I know but probably the most honest response likely to get is from forum...
Last edited by cyborg7; 23/01/2010 20:16. Reason: not paying enough atttention in spelling classes
|
|
|
Re: Which are best - LE red or black centre wheel
[Re: cyborg7]
#971953
23/01/2010 20:19
23/01/2010 20:19
|
patch234
Unregistered
|
patch234
Unregistered
|
I have the black on my steely. I think they suit it well. The black also have a red band around them ... did you know this?
|
|
|
Re: Which are best - LE red or black centre wheel
[Re: cyborg7]
#972029
23/01/2010 22:27
23/01/2010 22:27
|
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 23,347 North Wales
Theresa
Former Presidentessa Club member 58
|
Former Presidentessa Club member 58
Forum Fossil
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 23,347
North Wales
|
I too think the red band around them spoils the look and I don't like them. You can get black ones from Fiat without the red band, but the Fiat writing is in blue, so looks good on my car, but again, may not suit others. You may be able to zoom in on the photo of mine, once you've clicked on it, in order to have a closer look. If you need a better photo, let me know and I'll take one tomorrow when it's daylight
|
|
|
Re: Which are best - LE red or black centre wheel
[Re: cyborg7]
#972180
24/01/2010 12:16
24/01/2010 12:16
|
Insy
Unregistered
|
Insy
Unregistered
|
When I had my 20VT wheels resprayed into a dark anthracite colour, I opted for the LE style caps (with red outer ring). They seemed to work quite well. What I'm noticing now is that they aren't as red as they were a year ago and I think over time will turn pink!
|
|
|
Re: Which are best - LE red or black centre wheel
[Re: ]
#972364
24/01/2010 18:38
24/01/2010 18:38
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,080 Dumfriesshire, Scotland
Baz76
Forum is my job
|
Forum is my job
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,080
Dumfriesshire, Scotland
|
Red LE centre caps are my preference,even better when they are new and haven't faded to orange  . Baz 
![[Linked Image]](http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/zero_2976/Coupe%20related/2.jpg) Project LE+
|
|
|
Re: Which are best - LE red or black centre wheel
[Re: Baz76]
#972436
24/01/2010 20:34
24/01/2010 20:34
|
spookone
Unregistered
|
spookone
Unregistered
|
Just having a set refurbed in the anthracite next week and I am going for either the red line or may even go for the totally red abath caps (my car is met red tough.
Personally I think the pure black ones look a little plain with anthracite or black wheels.
|
|
|
Re: Which are best - LE red or black centre wheel
[Re: ]
#972718
25/01/2010 12:52
25/01/2010 12:52
|
spookone
Unregistered
|
spookone
Unregistered
|
No changed my mind again, I am going for the new fiat centre caps with the the new fiat badge, I know this may look odd on some coupes but the badge colour is very similar to the Met Red colour of my coupe so hope it will work well?
|
|
|
Re: Which are best - LE red or black centre wheel
[Re: ]
#972736
25/01/2010 13:24
25/01/2010 13:24
|
Per
Unregistered
|
Per
Unregistered
|
|
|
|
Re: Which are best - LE red or black centre wheel
[Re: ]
#972842
25/01/2010 17:06
25/01/2010 17:06
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 6,572 Northampton England
Sedicivalvole
Forum is my life
|
Forum is my life
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 6,572
Northampton England
|
Red original LE all the way!
Vinci Grey LE Alfa 147 GTA 3.2 V6 BMW E92 M3 4.0 V8 Fiat Tipo Sedicivalvole 2.0 16v ABS
|
|
|
Re: Which are best - LE red or black centre wheel
[Re: Sedicivalvole]
#973832
27/01/2010 11:12
27/01/2010 11:12
|
yellafella
Unregistered
|
yellafella
Unregistered
|
Homemade colour coded!
|
|
|
|