Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Nigel), 1,053 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,722
Posts1,170,116
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,309
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,907
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: How many have you had!? [Re: MarioCirillo] #973221
26/01/2010 10:57
26/01/2010 10:57

S
samsite999
Unregistered
samsite999
Unregistered
S



I think after the spa this year, It may well be a fair well parting. No problems, no issues. Just the £50 a week fuel bill, and I work from home! Its hard to justly the costs frown

Re: How many have you had!? [Re: ] #973227
26/01/2010 11:08
26/01/2010 11:08

P
proccy
Unregistered
proccy
Unregistered
P



if this plus keeps draining my wallet the same applies to me, although i'd probably downgrade to either a bog-standard 20vt or an le.... wink

Last edited by proccy; 26/01/2010 11:09. Reason: wonder how long before someone edits this
Re: How many have you had!? [Re: ] #973231
26/01/2010 11:10
26/01/2010 11:10

P
patch234
Unregistered
patch234
Unregistered
P



Originally Posted by samsite999
I think after the spa this year, It may well be a fair well parting. No problems, no issues. Just the £50 a week fuel bill, and I work from home! Its hard to justly the costs frown


Great, I'll add it to my collection

Originally Posted by proccy
if this plus keeps draining my wallet the same applies to me, although i'd probably downgrade to either a bog-standard 20vt or an le.... wink


Great, I'll add it to my collection


Moral of the story - All the more for me

Re: How many have you had!? [Re: ] #973232
26/01/2010 11:11
26/01/2010 11:11

P
proccy
Unregistered
proccy
Unregistered
P



after the travails of the last couple of weeks, a decent offer and it's yours patch!!! wink

Re: How many have you had!? [Re: ] #973234
26/01/2010 11:16
26/01/2010 11:16

M
Maxxxer
Unregistered
Maxxxer
Unregistered
M



"...Just the one, Mrs Wembley..." <Hopes at least someone has memories from On the Up, a midly funny sitcom from the early 90's....> rolleyes

Ineed just one for me - coming up for 5 years on April, still going and hopefully will continue until the day I'm either forced to sell her or I can no longer justify the cost.

Or I get bored, wash the car and then realise actually it looks pretty damned stunning when clean...! laugh

Re: How many have you had!? [Re: ] #973236
26/01/2010 11:18
26/01/2010 11:18

T
TimR
Unregistered
TimR
Unregistered
T



Just one for me, 6 years ownership coming up in March.

Mine's bog standard apart from a panel air filter, catback exhaust and lots of scratches and dings rolleyes

Re: How many have you had!? [Re: ] #973239
26/01/2010 11:27
26/01/2010 11:27

S
samsite999
Unregistered
samsite999
Unregistered
S



Indeed, make me a offer tongue

how is yours coming along now proccy?

Re: How many have you had!? [Re: ] #973245
26/01/2010 11:45
26/01/2010 11:45
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 6,572
Northampton England
Sedicivalvole Offline
Forum is my life
Sedicivalvole  Offline
Forum is my life

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 6,572
Northampton England
Just the one for me.

Must be about three years now. Started with the top model (thats the LE by the way Proccy tongue ) No need to do anything else laugh


Vinci Grey LE
Alfa 147 GTA 3.2 V6
BMW E92 M3 4.0 V8
Fiat Tipo Sedicivalvole 2.0 16v ABS
Re: How many have you had!? [Re: Sedicivalvole] #973252
26/01/2010 11:50
26/01/2010 11:50

N
Nobby
Unregistered
Nobby
Unregistered
N



I'm on my first, but I have had it for 9 years laugh

Re: How many have you had!? [Re: ] #973267
26/01/2010 12:07
26/01/2010 12:07
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 7,705
Harpenden
S
sugerbear Offline
Je suis un Coupé
sugerbear  Offline
Je suis un Coupé
S

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 7,705
Harpenden
3 in total, 20vt (crashed frown ), LE and a plus.


How to make a startrek widget cable >> http://tinyurl.com/dyje6fy
Re: How many have you had!? [Re: sugerbear] #973277
26/01/2010 12:17
26/01/2010 12:17

N
ninja
Unregistered
ninja
Unregistered
N



2 and a half for me smile

1 x 20vt - purchased 2006
1 x 16vt - purchased 2009
1/2 a 20vt (donor car) - purchased 2009

and (techincally) i still own all of them laugh

Ninja

Re: How many have you had!? [Re: ] #973285
26/01/2010 12:26
26/01/2010 12:26
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,525
Nuneaton, Warwickshire
JLow75 Offline
My life on the forum
JLow75  Offline
My life on the forum

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,525
Nuneaton, Warwickshire

4 since 2004 shocked

Electric Blue Plus, 2x 20VT Broomers & a 20VT Sprinty

And apart from my 1st one where the oil seals were going upon sale & my last, when I had to replace a coolant hose I didn't have ONE SINGLE 'major' problem/issue at all laugh

came from carefull, patient searching & on the nail maintenance at Motormech wink

Re: How many have you had!? [Re: JLow75] #973291
26/01/2010 12:38
26/01/2010 12:38

S
samsite999
Unregistered
samsite999
Unregistered
S



now you have done it laugh

ill expect a post later, "my car is on fire, help" thumb

Re: How many have you had!? [Re: JLow75] #973294
26/01/2010 12:39
26/01/2010 12:39
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,288
West Berks
skinflint Offline
I need some sleep
skinflint  Offline
I need some sleep

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,288
West Berks
I reckon I might qualify as a FOG.

I had my first one 10 years ago, sold it, bought another, realised how much I wanted my first one back, begged etc. and got it back about 3 years ago.

I remember in 2000 we had a successful group action with Fiat UK who paid for replacement exhaust manifolds for us all smile

There was also a section for hairdressers (no offence meant to any hairdressers out there) wink

Re: How many have you had!? [Re: ] #973309
26/01/2010 13:12
26/01/2010 13:12

P
proccy
Unregistered
proccy
Unregistered
P



Originally Posted by samsite999

how is yours coming along now proccy?


running well, just need to get the new water hoses put on, sender for the boost gauge, map from flea to finish then all SHOULD be ok.

picked her up last thursday evening from motormech and is running well thanks

Re: How many have you had!? [Re: ] #973341
26/01/2010 13:46
26/01/2010 13:46

V
Vickster
Unregistered
Vickster
Unregistered
V



Sam - if you work from home, how do you spend £50 a week on fuel confused

Re: How many have you had!? [Re: ] #973355
26/01/2010 13:56
26/01/2010 13:56

S
samsite999
Unregistered
samsite999
Unregistered
S



Put simply, 1-2 miles trips. a trip to the shops, docs, town ect. It never gets a chance to get warm unless after the trip I let it continue to tick over till it hits temp and then turn it off again.

Re: How many have you had!? [Re: ] #973380
26/01/2010 14:26
26/01/2010 14:26

P
pendy
Unregistered
pendy
Unregistered
P



On our 4th coop now :

maroon 20vt
black le (still got)
inky 20vt (akeme/lukes old motor)
vinci le (my missus car).

Re: How many have you had!? [Re: ] #973385
26/01/2010 14:37
26/01/2010 14:37
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 8,961
west bromwich
C
coupedummy Offline
Je suis un Coupé
coupedummy  Offline
Je suis un Coupé
C

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 8,961
west bromwich
Maybe time for a n/a then sam? Dont think you will leave the coupe fold for good.

This will be my last turbo.

If i did have another it would be a n/a vis.

Last edited by coupedummy; 26/01/2010 14:38.

[Linked Image]
Re: How many have you had!? [Re: coupedummy] #973561
26/01/2010 20:50
26/01/2010 20:50

R
roly
Unregistered
roly
Unregistered
R



Bought my first 20VT (Broom Yellow) on here in early 2003. Flogged it on here in July 2005 after buying an Electric Blue Plus. Sold the Plus on here in Jan 2008.

Been hanging about on here for about eight years - sort of hooked despite being Coupe-less.

Re: How many have you had!? [Re: ] #973599
26/01/2010 21:55
26/01/2010 21:55

D
DanielTheManual
Unregistered
DanielTheManual
Unregistered
D



I'm on my 4th. In hindsight, I should have stayed with my first Coupe, it would've worked out a lot cheaper in the long run (although that would've meant not owning an MX-5)!

Started with a yellow 20vt, then a modded 20vt Electric Blue Plus. Some years later a yello 20v, and onto my current yellow 20vt.

Re: How many have you had!? [Re: ] #973602
26/01/2010 21:59
26/01/2010 21:59

F
flyingcustard
Unregistered
flyingcustard
Unregistered
F



I`m on number 3(yellow,green,yellow) but my wife has had x2 (red,red) so feels like 5! laugh

Dave

Re: How many have you had!? [Re: ] #973639
26/01/2010 23:00
26/01/2010 23:00
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 96
London
Dom20vt Offline
Reaping the fruits
Dom20vt  Offline
Reaping the fruits

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 96
London
Ive had one, sold it in the end after a few years ownership, but im always still looking at them! I dont think that you can ever get over the 'coupe bug'.

Im sure i'll have another...

Re: How many have you had!? [Re: Dom20vt] #973714
27/01/2010 01:43
27/01/2010 01:43

H
hmallett
Unregistered
hmallett
Unregistered
H



I had one from 2002-2006 (I think). I sold it because I bought a house.
I don't think I'll be having another.
Strange how I still keep coming back here though...

Re: How many have you had!? [Re: ] #973718
27/01/2010 01:59
27/01/2010 01:59
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 23,347
North Wales
Theresa Offline
Former Presidentessa Club member 58
Theresa  Offline
Former Presidentessa Club member 58
Forum Fossil

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 23,347
North Wales
Originally Posted by Vickster
Sam - if you work from home, how do you spend £50 a week on fuel confused



Originally Posted by samsite999
Put simply, 1-2 miles trips. a trip to the shops, docs, town ect. It never gets a chance to get warm unless after the trip I let it continue to tick over till it hits temp and then turn it off again.



There's either something wrong there Sam, either with the car or your calculations

My car barely gets up to temperature, doing the similar sort of trips you do, but over 7 days.

Mine only costs around £50 - £55 a fornight.

£50 a week is a ridiculous amount to be spending.

Re: How many have you had!? [Re: Theresa] #973787
27/01/2010 10:05
27/01/2010 10:05

P
proccy
Unregistered
proccy
Unregistered
P



Originally Posted by Theresa


My car barely gets up to temperature, doing the similar sort of trips you do, but over 7 days.

Mine only costs around £50 - £55 a fornight.

£50 a week is a ridiculous amount to be spending.


agreed, and the same type of costs for me as T

Re: How many have you had!? [Re: ] #973810
27/01/2010 10:31
27/01/2010 10:31

G
Guzbod
Unregistered
Guzbod
Unregistered
G



I started with an inky 16v I bought off ebay. I knew nothing about coupes and nearly blew it up the first day. I was sitting in traffic and noticed steqam coming from under the bonnet. Both fans had been disconnected!!! After that it was fine, fortuneately I found the forum as it was changing from old to new. When I moved to France I looked hard for a coupe and foumd my 20VT sprinty not far away.
Just had it resprayed, cambelts done, HIDs fitted, welded manifold and love every second of driving it! love

Re: How many have you had!? [Re: ] #973820
27/01/2010 10:59
27/01/2010 10:59
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 5,895
2011 and 2015 FCCUK F1 Champ.
B
bezzer Offline
Forum is my life
bezzer  Offline
Forum is my life
B

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 5,895
2011 and 2015 FCCUK F1 Champ.
I've had 3 20VTs

Sprinty one bought in September 2002 and sold in March 2005.

Banana one bought in June 2005 and sold in January 2006.

Red one bought in March 2006 and sold in September 2006.

I should never have sold my Sprinty as the banana and red coupes just didn't feel the same frown

I enjoyed owning a coupe but won't be having another one.



......My Boy...... (PB #7)
Re: How many have you had!? [Re: bezzer] #974325
27/01/2010 23:47
27/01/2010 23:47
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 3,621
S Wales
chrissy Offline
Tourque Italia member!
chrissy  Offline
Tourque Italia member!
Forum is my job

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 3,621
S Wales
Ive had 8 20vt's and 1 20v

9 Coops..

Re: How many have you had!? [Re: chrissy] #974330
27/01/2010 23:52
27/01/2010 23:52

R
Rhubarb
Unregistered
Rhubarb
Unregistered
R



Just x2 for me laugh 20v na and my 20v vis

Hev

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.017s Queries: 15 (0.011s) Memory: 0.7186 MB (Peak: 0.9315 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-10 16:42:48 UTC