Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (phil16vturbo, lancer778544), 629 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,722
Posts1,170,107
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,306
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,903
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nexen N3000 tyres #978286
04/02/2010 02:00
04/02/2010 02:00
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 126
Edinburgh
jockey Offline OP
On a journey
jockey  Offline OP
On a journey

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 126
Edinburgh
Anyone else rolling on these? After reading many reviews of tyres, toyos, Falkens, goodyear etc, I decided on the Nexen N3000.

Although they have only been fitted on the front for 2 days I am extremely pleased, they have completely transformed the ride quality of the car - compared with the Khumo Ecstas, the Nexen are far more supple - the car no longer shakes and rattles over rough surfaces and feels far less unsettled over bumps, they are also quiet. These characteristics were primarily what I was looking for as the roads are terrible and I rarely reach the limit of grip anyway.

I had read some reviews that the Falkens were on the hard side so went for this slightly uncommon tyre instead which were also cheaper. It's early days yet and I've not fully tested wet or dry handling limits but they do feel grippy in the wet. Anyone who uses the car as a daily driver and is primarily looking to improve ride quality I would recommend considering these.


98 Fiat Coupe 20 Valve Turbo 2003 >
Re: Nexen N3000 tyres [Re: jockey] #978313
04/02/2010 09:44
04/02/2010 09:44
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,650
Malaysia..Glasgow at heart
Kelv27 Offline
Club member 7239, Regional Rep., Malaysia
Kelv27  Offline
Club member 7239, Regional Rep., Malaysia
Forum is my job

Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 4,650
Malaysia..Glasgow at heart
Ride quality will always be better when a fresh pair of boots are put on. I remember my old set of tyres feeling brilliant when they were new but was very crashy as soon as they are worn down.

Re: Nexen N3000 tyres [Re: Kelv27] #978325
04/02/2010 10:19
04/02/2010 10:19
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114
highlands
jimboy Offline
Club Member 857
jimboy  Offline
Club Member 857
Forum is my life

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114
highlands
Aye,we all like a bargain, & you've read the tyre reviews & realise there is so much choice on the budget tyre market. Nexen ARE a budget tyre, they have some good reviews, however you have to ask yourself on how you drive. Are you a spirited driver or not wink I know of a couple of guys who run Nexens, but they are not committed petrol heads as such, so all they can say, they are happy enough. I know you didnt ask this, but personally on the fronts at least I use a well known & trusted brand. As I said a lot rests on your driving style, but that's another story..... driving


I'm an old git & happy with it,most of the time
Re: Nexen N3000 tyres [Re: jimboy] #978339
04/02/2010 10:50
04/02/2010 10:50

S
samsite999
Unregistered
samsite999
Unregistered
S



Ahh, blessed tyre snobbery laugh

Do you know why tyers are tried and tested? ..... because some one tries and tests them!!!

Thanks Jockey for the post thumb if im ever in a long month with little money ill know if one goes pop I can get a reasonable tyer for good money.

Maxxis Maz1's are also a good choice at this entry point, I pay £55 a corner fitted (not every one needs to go around a corner on two wheels at 700mph)

Re: Nexen N3000 tyres [Re: ] #978354
04/02/2010 11:20
04/02/2010 11:20
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
stan Offline
Dr. Frankenstan
stan  Offline
Dr. Frankenstan
Forum Demigod

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
I pay £50 per corner for 17" Falken FK452, fitted. End of thread laugh


[Linked Image]
Re: Nexen N3000 tyres [Re: stan] #978358
04/02/2010 11:45
04/02/2010 11:45

S
samsite999
Unregistered
samsite999
Unregistered
S



ill see your £50 and.....dam you stan, ill never play top trumps with you again!!

Re: Nexen N3000 tyres [Re: stan] #978360
04/02/2010 11:51
04/02/2010 11:51
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,408
Essex
Trappy Offline
Club member 7306
Trappy  Offline
Club member 7306
Forum is my life

Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,408
Essex
Originally Posted by stan
I pay £50 per corner for 17" Falken FK452, fitted. End of thread laugh


I've been told by my locl Falken dealeer that the price on these has soared by 35%. Instead of £50 fitted, they want nearer £70 now. Have you had a quote latey?


F****** b****** thing...
Re: Nexen N3000 tyres [Re: Trappy] #978365
04/02/2010 11:57
04/02/2010 11:57

P
patch234
Unregistered
patch234
Unregistered
P



Accelera Aplha - Do a search for them on the net. Great reviews, I have a set and I agree - around £190.00 for 4 - W rated tyres with AA traction and AA wear.

Re: Nexen N3000 tyres [Re: Trappy] #978380
04/02/2010 12:13
04/02/2010 12:13
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
stan Offline
Dr. Frankenstan
stan  Offline
Dr. Frankenstan
Forum Demigod

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 32,123
Cumbria
Originally Posted by Trappy
Originally Posted by stan
I pay £50 per corner for 17" Falken FK452, fitted. End of thread laugh


I've been told by my locl Falken dealeer that the price on these has soared by 35%. Instead of £50 fitted, they want nearer £70 now. Have you had a quote latey?


Quoted same three weeks ago for 16" version for my Octavia.....


[Linked Image]
Re: Nexen N3000 tyres [Re: stan] #978447
04/02/2010 14:14
04/02/2010 14:14

E
evolutionguy
Unregistered
evolutionguy
Unregistered
E



I run 16" Nexen 3000 on my coupe and I find them fantastic and at £47 225x45xZ16 fitted you cannot complain.

Re: Nexen N3000 tyres [Re: ] #978466
04/02/2010 15:04
04/02/2010 15:04
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114
highlands
jimboy Offline
Club Member 857
jimboy  Offline
Club Member 857
Forum is my life

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114
highlands
Originally Posted by evolutionguy
I run 16" Nexen 3000 on my coupe and I find them fantastic and at £47 225x45xZ16 fitted you cannot complain.

Jings, that's a good price shocked where did you get that deal?


I'm an old git & happy with it,most of the time
Re: Nexen N3000 tyres [Re: jimboy] #978545
04/02/2010 17:14
04/02/2010 17:14

P
proccy
Unregistered
proccy
Unregistered
P



Originally Posted by jimboy

Jings, that's a good price shocked where did you get that deal?


who's jings??? laugh

Re: Nexen N3000 tyres [Re: ] #978575
04/02/2010 17:59
04/02/2010 17:59
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114
highlands
jimboy Offline
Club Member 857
jimboy  Offline
Club Member 857
Forum is my life

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114
highlands
Originally Posted by proccy
Originally Posted by jimboy

Jings, that's a good price shocked where did you get that deal?


who's jings??? laugh

Jings can be anyone you want laugh Its up to you, but you must choose... wink


I'm an old git & happy with it,most of the time
Re: Nexen N3000 tyres [Re: jimboy] #978779
04/02/2010 23:14
04/02/2010 23:14

E
evolutionguy
Unregistered
evolutionguy
Unregistered
E



Hunters of Linlithgow Tel 01506 842540 - their prices cannot be beat for Nexens


Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.012s Queries: 14 (0.007s) Memory: 0.6482 MB (Peak: 0.7681 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-09 22:04:32 UTC