Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,286 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Alternative Pininfarina badge - what do you think? #982981
12/02/2010 12:14
12/02/2010 12:14
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 227
B
Burty Offline OP
Club member 60
Burty  Offline OP
Club member 60
Making a profit
B

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 227
My existing Pininfarina side badges are coming off in order to fill the mounting holes and (hopefully) cure the rust creaping along the bottom of the rear panel. Depending upon how well they come off I may be able to reuse them with adhesive or buy some new ones from Alt Autos (pricey though !)

However... I spotted these on fleabay and tbh I quite like the look of them - they could be considered a modest update without ruining the look.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CHROME-PININF...Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item2eaa901c96

As ever, interested in you guys' views... blabla

Re: Alternative Pininfarina badge - what do you think? [Re: Burty] #982990
12/02/2010 12:32
12/02/2010 12:32

S
samsite999
Unregistered
samsite999
Unregistered
S



hurl

thumb

Re: Alternative Pininfarina badge - what do you think? [Re: ] #982993
12/02/2010 12:36
12/02/2010 12:36
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,206
england
came2dance Offline
I AM a Coop
came2dance  Offline
I AM a Coop

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,206
england
Originally Posted by samsite999
hurl


You used too many smileys there Sam. I've fixed it for you.

Nice enough badge, but not for the coupe IMO nono


[Linked Image]www.chrisdoyle-photography.co.uk

Re: Alternative Pininfarina badge - what do you think? [Re: Burty] #982998
12/02/2010 12:42
12/02/2010 12:42
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,207
ation
szkom Offline
Club member 2000
szkom  Offline
Club member 2000
Forum is my life

Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,207
ation
Nice looking badge. But I think the car would have to be green.

I wonder if anyone could photoshop it on to gauge the look as I have feeling it may not suit.

Re: Alternative Pininfarina badge - what do you think? [Re: szkom] #983351
12/02/2010 21:56
12/02/2010 21:56

N
nismo
Unregistered
nismo
Unregistered
N



not my cup of tea .

Re: Alternative Pininfarina badge - what do you think? [Re: ] #983355
12/02/2010 21:58
12/02/2010 21:58

S
shinyshoes
Unregistered
shinyshoes
Unregistered
S



might look ok on the back instead of the stock fiat one.

not sure about on the side though.

i've always thought the alfa pinninfarina badges would look good on the sides though?

Re: Alternative Pininfarina badge - what do you think? [Re: ] #983356
12/02/2010 22:00
12/02/2010 22:00
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,985
In an Audi
Taffy20vt Offline
My life on the forum
Taffy20vt  Offline
My life on the forum

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,985
In an Audi
Nice badge, but not for the Coupe smile


Ex 432bhp evil

'00 Sprinty 20vt6
'17 S3 Sportback
'69 Amazon 131
Re: Alternative Pininfarina badge - what do you think? [Re: Taffy20vt] #983378
12/02/2010 22:31
12/02/2010 22:31
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,700
burning oil in the alfa
whatmoretyres Offline
Forum is my job
whatmoretyres  Offline
Forum is my job

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,700
burning oil in the alfa
ah, you won't even notice the difference. Good plan I reckon


Smart Fitness and GPS seller tongue
Re: Alternative Pininfarina badge - what do you think? [Re: whatmoretyres] #983382
12/02/2010 22:36
12/02/2010 22:36
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114
highlands
jimboy Offline
Club Member 857
jimboy  Offline
Club Member 857
Forum is my life

Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,114
highlands
No,no,no,no...........did I mention no... laugh


I'm an old git & happy with it,most of the time
Re: Alternative Pininfarina badge - what do you think? [Re: jimboy] #983407
12/02/2010 23:16
12/02/2010 23:16

B
bridges
Unregistered
bridges
Unregistered
B



looks too messy and cluttered with too many colours etc.

Re: Alternative Pininfarina badge - what do you think? [Re: ] #983539
13/02/2010 10:28
13/02/2010 10:28
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 12,644
Watford
MarioCirillo Offline
Ex El Presidente
MarioCirillo  Offline
Ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 12,644
Watford
burty i would give it a miss if i was you thumb


Proud Owner of Rosso Speed LE041
Re: Alternative Pininfarina badge - what do you think? [Re: MarioCirillo] #983557
13/02/2010 11:05
13/02/2010 11:05
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,581
London
MrCooper Offline
I need some sleep
MrCooper  Offline
I need some sleep

Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,581
London
Sorry, but I can't see that looking nice.



Ex Grigio Moon 20VT Plus
Ex 350Z
Now Aston Martin Vantage

Re: Alternative Pininfarina badge - what do you think? [Re: MrCooper] #983572
13/02/2010 11:46
13/02/2010 11:46

J
JKD
Unregistered
JKD
Unregistered
J



It would be like Monica Belluci having Patrick Stewart's voice - I like both on their own, but put them together and ... nono

Re: Alternative Pininfarina badge - what do you think? [Re: ] #983844
13/02/2010 23:26
13/02/2010 23:26

J
Johnny
Unregistered
Johnny
Unregistered
J



I had that very same badge on the boot of my coupe but it started rusting and so it was removed.

Re: Alternative Pininfarina badge - what do you think? [Re: ] #984155
14/02/2010 19:26
14/02/2010 19:26
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 227
B
Burty Offline OP
Club member 60
Burty  Offline OP
Club member 60
Making a profit
B

Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 227
Thanks for all your comments - I think it's a close run thing wink - will put it into the "nice idea but..." drawer

Last edited by Burty; 14/02/2010 19:27.
Re: Alternative Pininfarina badge - what do you think? [Re: Burty] #984282
14/02/2010 22:18
14/02/2010 22:18
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 792
Stafford
sandytim Offline
Enjoying the ride
sandytim  Offline
Enjoying the ride

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 792
Stafford
There is another style of badge that Pininfarina used a long time ago.
I remember it on my dads ,Pininfarina built,L reg, Peugot 504 cabriolet.
I think it included a red letter 'f' and a prancing horse !
It's now locked up in my brothers garage, so I'll try and cheak it out.


[Linked Image]
Re: Alternative Pininfarina badge - what do you think? [Re: sandytim] #984316
14/02/2010 22:56
14/02/2010 22:56
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 792
Stafford
sandytim Offline
Enjoying the ride
sandytim  Offline
Enjoying the ride

Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 792
Stafford
OK just googled it.
It seams to be refered to as "the F badge" and it was used on older Alfas, peugeots etc ,on which pininfarina had worked.
Its an enameled F in an oblong topped with ,what looks like, a crown.
Somebody younger and more used to the interweb will hopefully put up a link to a picture.
Looks to old fashioned to put on a coupe.
Plus its just not standard OE nono


[Linked Image]
Re: Alternative Pininfarina badge - what do you think? [Re: sandytim] #984337
14/02/2010 23:44
14/02/2010 23:44

E
Eks
Unregistered
Eks
Unregistered
E



I'm younger and more used to the interweb!
click to enlarge
It wouldn't suit the coupe in my opinion either!

Re: Alternative Pininfarina badge - what do you think? [Re: ] #984347
15/02/2010 00:13
15/02/2010 00:13
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,206
england
came2dance Offline
I AM a Coop
came2dance  Offline
I AM a Coop

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,206
england
I think that badge is used when pinifarina have designed the car. In the coops case they only did the interior so we just get the pininfarina badge.

There's nothing wrong with it. It's a nice badge. just get a new one rolleyes

(though that f badge looked nice on the golden polish coop) cool - that's polish as in poland by the way, not as in mr sheen laugh


[Linked Image]www.chrisdoyle-photography.co.uk

Re: Alternative Pininfarina badge - what do you think? [Re: came2dance] #984356
15/02/2010 00:31
15/02/2010 00:31
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 8,921
Lightwater, Surrey
DaveG Offline
Club Treasurer Member 311
DaveG  Offline
Club Treasurer Member 311
Je suis un Coupé

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 8,921
Lightwater, Surrey
My other two cars are "proper" pininfarina cars (ie: designed AND built), one is even the first (last) car sold as a "pininfarina" tongue


1996 Portofino 20vt & 2000 Pearl White Plus
2008 Ferrari F430 & 2017 Fiat 124 Spider
Re: Alternative Pininfarina badge - what do you think? [Re: DaveG] #987090
19/02/2010 19:49
19/02/2010 19:49

W
will666666
Unregistered
will666666
Unregistered
W



http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PININFARINA-P...Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item439d745849

above link if you do watch the originals

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ferr...torsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

ferrari pininfarina badge (but no flags, horses or designed by) I can't find a current one, but the similar badge with the more modern pininfarina script were the ones I contemplated.

In the end I resprayed my original badges black with a pearl over them.

BTW I have one of the italian flag badges you are looking at. I'm toying with putting that badge on debadged carbon wrapped b pillars at the bottom. Also I'm trying to get a smaller one (to replace the fiat badge on the steering wheel).

Well that's my input ;-)

Re: Alternative Pininfarina badge - what do you think? [Re: ] #987162
19/02/2010 22:16
19/02/2010 22:16

S
spookone
Unregistered
spookone
Unregistered
S



I am pretty sure the Ford badges are exactly the same and can be bought brand new for a lot less than the Fiat versions.

I bought two brand new Pininfarina badges for around £8 each from ebay, the fit perfectly - the 2 pins slot in the holes as they should.

Check to see if there are any on!!!

Hope this helps.


Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.018s Queries: 14 (0.012s) Memory: 0.6908 MB (Peak: 0.8502 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 23:27:30 UTC