Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Edinburgh, Jamiepm), 643 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,722
Posts1,170,104
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,306
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,903
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Colour coding a Plus ... Well it's a hybrid Plus! #996152
07/03/2010 13:38
07/03/2010 13:38

P
patch234
Unregistered
patch234
Unregistered
P



OK, open jury. I've done it now .... Purists, please DO NOT read this thread, you'll only moan laugh

Plus model, Ink black, silver 20VT alloys, silver wing mirrors, silver honeycombe grill
click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge


And with a black grill
click to enlarge



Last edited by patch234; 07/03/2010 14:25.
Re: Colour coding a Plus ... Well it's a hybrid Plus! [Re: ] #996193
07/03/2010 15:37
07/03/2010 15:37

T
Trix138
Unregistered
Trix138
Unregistered
T



I like it thumb

I've got some LE wing mirrors that I'm going to put on my Steel Grey.

Re: Colour coding a Plus ... Well it's a hybrid Plus! [Re: ] #996288
07/03/2010 19:24
07/03/2010 19:24

D
DanielTheManual
Unregistered
DanielTheManual
Unregistered
D



Where are your Plus alloys?

Re: Colour coding a Plus ... Well it's a hybrid Plus! [Re: ] #996309
07/03/2010 19:52
07/03/2010 19:52

I
Insy
Unregistered
Insy
Unregistered
I



I really like it Patch.

The silver grille, mirrors and wheels go well together and help to make the plus look something more than just a standard 20VT.

Re: Colour coding a Plus ... Well it's a hybrid Plus! [Re: ] #996312
07/03/2010 19:56
07/03/2010 19:56
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,678
Warwickshire
gj88 Offline
My life on the forum
gj88  Offline
My life on the forum

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,678
Warwickshire
That poor plus frown






wink


[Linked Image]
Re: Colour coding a Plus ... Well it's a hybrid Plus! [Re: gj88] #996317
07/03/2010 20:23
07/03/2010 20:23

T
tonyd20vt
Unregistered
tonyd20vt
Unregistered
T



Its all about being diff from mainstream, thumbs up!

Re: Colour coding a Plus ... Well it's a hybrid Plus! [Re: ] #996324
07/03/2010 20:35
07/03/2010 20:35

M
MrT
Unregistered
MrT
Unregistered
M



I like it, the silver brightens the car up, I've left mine grille out cause I can't decide what to do to make it look a bit different.

Re: Colour coding a Plus ... Well it's a hybrid Plus! [Re: ] #996325
07/03/2010 20:37
07/03/2010 20:37

Y
yellafella
Unregistered
yellafella
Unregistered
Y



I like your thinking Patch. But, that silver grille looks a bit like a toothy grin, even though colour wise it ties in well with the mirrors & wheels.

Black grille & silver headlamps?


Re: Colour coding a Plus ... Well it's a hybrid Plus! [Re: ] #996328
07/03/2010 20:46
07/03/2010 20:46

P
patch234
Unregistered
patch234
Unregistered
P



Originally Posted by DanielTheManual
Where are your Plus alloys?


They are history!

Re: Colour coding a Plus ... Well it's a hybrid Plus! [Re: ] #996329
07/03/2010 20:47
07/03/2010 20:47

P
patch234
Unregistered
patch234
Unregistered
P



Originally Posted by yellafella
I like your thinking Patch. But, that silver grille looks a bit like a toothy grin, even though colour wise it ties in well with the mirrors & wheels.

Black grille & silver headlamps?



I'll try the headlights soon yella, it actually looks a lot better by eye, the camera doesn't seem to capture it's essence laugh

Re: Colour coding a Plus ... Well it's a hybrid Plus! [Re: gj88] #996335
07/03/2010 20:57
07/03/2010 20:57

P
patch234
Unregistered
patch234
Unregistered
P



Originally Posted by gj88
That poor plus frown






wink


It's OK gj, I asked her if she was OK, the answer was yes! wink

Re: Colour coding a Plus ... Well it's a hybrid Plus! [Re: ] #996342
07/03/2010 21:06
07/03/2010 21:06

P
proccy
Unregistered
proccy
Unregistered
P



Originally Posted by patch234
Originally Posted by gj88
That poor plus frown






wink


It's OK gj, I asked her if she was OK, the answer was yes! wink



you can't hear trees scream either frown

Re: Colour coding a Plus ... Well it's a hybrid Plus! [Re: ] #996358
07/03/2010 21:23
07/03/2010 21:23

S
samsite999
Unregistered
samsite999
Unregistered
S



I like the silver look Phil thumb
I do like the stealth like more though!

Re: Colour coding a Plus ... Well it's a hybrid Plus! [Re: ] #996360
07/03/2010 21:25
07/03/2010 21:25

P
patch234
Unregistered
patch234
Unregistered
P



The stealth look has not gone Sam - Wheels, mirrors and grill (soon) are in the garage thumb

Re: Colour coding a Plus ... Well it's a hybrid Plus! [Re: ] #996373
07/03/2010 21:43
07/03/2010 21:43

J
JKD
Unregistered
JKD
Unregistered
J



Looks very nice Patch! (as always)

smokin

Re: Colour coding a Plus ... Well it's a hybrid Plus! [Re: ] #996377
07/03/2010 21:45
07/03/2010 21:45

N
nismo
Unregistered
nismo
Unregistered
N



just need to do the headlights silver and it will look plush , good job done so far patch thumb

Re: Colour coding a Plus ... Well it's a hybrid Plus! [Re: ] #996381
07/03/2010 21:47
07/03/2010 21:47

N
nismo
Unregistered
nismo
Unregistered
N



Originally Posted by patch234
Originally Posted by yellafella
I like your thinking Patch. But, that silver grille looks a bit like a toothy grin, even though colour wise it ties in well with the mirrors & wheels.

Black grille & silver headlamps?



I'll try the headlights soon yella, it actually looks a lot better by eye, the camera doesn't seem to capture it's essence laugh



sorry just read this post coat

Re: Colour coding a Plus ... Well it's a hybrid Plus! [Re: ] #996390
07/03/2010 21:53
07/03/2010 21:53

P
patch234
Unregistered
patch234
Unregistered
P



Originally Posted by nismo
Originally Posted by patch234
Originally Posted by yellafella
I like your thinking Patch. But, that silver grille looks a bit like a toothy grin, even though colour wise it ties in well with the mirrors & wheels.

Black grille & silver headlamps?



I'll try the headlights soon yella, it actually looks a lot better by eye, the camera doesn't seem to capture it's essence laugh



sorry just read this post coat


LOL - I do that all the time laugh

Re: Colour coding a Plus ... Well it's a hybrid Plus! [Re: ] #996394
07/03/2010 21:56
07/03/2010 21:56
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 12,644
Watford
MarioCirillo Offline
Ex El Presidente
MarioCirillo  Offline
Ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 12,644
Watford
i quite liked the silver grill, very nice laugh


Proud Owner of Rosso Speed LE041
Re: Colour coding a Plus ... Well it's a hybrid Plus! [Re: MarioCirillo] #996397
07/03/2010 21:59
07/03/2010 21:59
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,985
In an Audi
Taffy20vt Offline
My life on the forum
Taffy20vt  Offline
My life on the forum

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,985
In an Audi
I think someone should of bought an LE tongue


Ex 432bhp evil

'00 Sprinty 20vt6
'17 S3 Sportback
'69 Amazon 131
Re: Colour coding a Plus ... Well it's a hybrid Pl [Re: Taffy20vt] #996400
07/03/2010 22:04
07/03/2010 22:04

P
patch234
Unregistered
patch234
Unregistered
P



No, they're the cheaper version! tongue

Re: Colour coding a Plus ... Well it's a hybrid Pl [Re: ] #996403
07/03/2010 22:08
07/03/2010 22:08

P
proccy
Unregistered
proccy
Unregistered
P



Originally Posted by patch234
No, they're the cheaper version! tongue


we finally agree on something.... laugh

Re: Colour coding a Plus ... Well it's a hybrid Pl [Re: ] #996475
08/03/2010 00:00
08/03/2010 00:00
Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,486
London Tan
technics Offline
I need some sleep
technics  Offline
I need some sleep

Joined: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,486
London Tan
Patch, did you decide on the rocker cover in the end, to do the 20v Turbo in black?


Now in the 400+ bhp club!
Re: Colour coding a Plus ... Well it's a hybrid Pl [Re: technics] #996621
08/03/2010 13:17
08/03/2010 13:17
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 7,705
Harpenden
S
sugerbear Offline
Je suis un Coupé
sugerbear  Offline
Je suis un Coupé
S

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 7,705
Harpenden
As a purist I dont like it, but saying that it would look better if you have the LE anthracite colour wheels on. Dark cars suit darker alloys imho, lighter cars suit lighter alloy wheel colours.

I would also suggest that the colour of the wing mirrors is too silver, again needs to be a darker colour, I think it would look better if you had colour coded everything a darker (ie LE titanium or similar colour).



How to make a startrek widget cable >> http://tinyurl.com/dyje6fy
Re: Colour coding a Plus ... Well it's a hybrid Pl [Re: sugerbear] #996686
08/03/2010 15:20
08/03/2010 15:20

I
Insy
Unregistered
Insy
Unregistered
I



Would look like a le then! Very confusing smile

Re: Colour coding a Plus ... Well it's a hybrid Pl [Re: ] #996698
08/03/2010 15:42
08/03/2010 15:42

P
proccy
Unregistered
proccy
Unregistered
P



Originally Posted by Insy
Would look like a le then! Very confusing smile


as patch knows, i hate to criticise.....but i don't understand this either, the taking of a beautiful plus and turning it into a LE... crazy

Re: Colour coding a Plus ... Well it's a hybrid Pl [Re: ] #996714
08/03/2010 16:11
08/03/2010 16:11

R
RICHB
Unregistered
RICHB
Unregistered
R



Originally Posted by proccy
Originally Posted by Insy
Would look like a le then! Very confusing smile


as patch knows, i hate to criticise.....but i don't understand this either, the taking of a beautiful plus and turning it into a LE... crazy


...to make it even more beautiful!! cool biglaugh hehe

Re: Colour coding a Plus ... Well it's a hybrid Pl [Re: sugerbear] #996752
08/03/2010 17:10
08/03/2010 17:10

P
patch234
Unregistered
patch234
Unregistered
P



Originally Posted by proccy
Originally Posted by Insy
Would look like a le then! Very confusing smile


as patch knows, i hate to criticise.....but i don't understand this either, the taking of a beautiful plus and turning it into a LE... crazy


Proccy, your just too old to understand laugh

Originally Posted by RICHB
...to make it even more beautiful!! cool biglaugh hehe


At last, a man in the know thumb

Originally Posted by sugerbear
As a purist I dont like it, but saying that it would look better if you have the LE anthracite colour wheels on. Dark cars suit darker alloys imho, lighter cars suit lighter alloy wheel colours.

I would also suggest that the colour of the wing mirrors is too silver, again needs to be a darker colour, I think it would look better if you had colour coded everything a darker (ie LE titanium or similar colour).



Another man in the know, I'm going to try the darker wheels on but keep the lighter silver mirrors and grill- mainly to annoy Proccy laugh

Re: Colour coding a Plus ... Well it's a hybrid Pl [Re: ] #996872
08/03/2010 21:22
08/03/2010 21:22

P
proccy
Unregistered
proccy
Unregistered
P



Originally Posted by patch234
Originally Posted by proccy
Originally Posted by Insy
Would look like a le then! Very confusing smile


as patch knows, i hate to criticise.....but i don't understand this either, the taking of a beautiful plus and turning it into a LE... crazy


Proccy, your just too old to understand laugh

Originally Posted by RICHB
...to make it even more beautiful!! cool biglaugh hehe


At last, a man in the know thumb

Originally Posted by sugerbear
As a purist I dont like it, but saying that it would look better if you have the LE anthracite colour wheels on. Dark cars suit darker alloys imho, lighter cars suit lighter alloy wheel colours.

I would also suggest that the colour of the wing mirrors is too silver, again needs to be a darker colour, I think it would look better if you had colour coded everything a darker (ie LE titanium or similar colour).



Another man in the know, I'm going to try the darker wheels on but keep the lighter silver mirrors and grill- mainly to annoy Proccy laugh


pah.....it'll never work and it'll end in tears.... rolleyes

Re: Colour coding a Plus ... Well it's a hybrid Pl [Re: ] #996918
08/03/2010 21:55
08/03/2010 21:55

P
patch234
Unregistered
patch234
Unregistered
P



cry cry cry Dry your eye's little face, you'll soon wake up and smell the roses, unlike some people around here mwhahahahahahahah

laugh

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.015s Queries: 15 (0.008s) Memory: 0.7206 MB (Peak: 0.9539 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-09 18:17:40 UTC