Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,286 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sorned #1124573
02/11/2010 01:22
02/11/2010 01:22
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,206
england
came2dance Offline OP
I AM a Coop
came2dance  Offline OP
I AM a Coop

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,206
england
If that's a word.

Decided to take the coop of the road again over winter - for the second year in a row frown

Have drove the coop regularly since May, almost every day but always on a mission crazy love the coop and have seen it's full potential (nearly) almost every day but no real fun driving, as in driving just for the sake of it. So yesterday I took her out for an hour and a half just playing. It was luvverly love but now she's parked up on the drive. Her battery will be coming off (once I can get the bonnet open) and she'll be hibernating for the winter. frown

I feel pretty bad as she's been really neglected this year. I serviced her myself at the beginning of the year and she had an MOT and new tyres and handbrake cables but her body work is a bit jaded. Her drivers seat well worn. Timing belt at least due! clutch slipping it's arse off frown

Hopefully i'll have more time and money next spring and all this can be rectified. I'll try and fix a few things myself over winter. New bonnet cable. New grill. Bit of tlc an the seats - NO NOT WITH Mrs C2D, with some gliptone love and then get her to JBT early spring for all the other things sorting cool

Any other Sorned fccukers on here confused


19


[Linked Image]www.chrisdoyle-photography.co.uk

Re: Sorned [Re: came2dance] #1124576
02/11/2010 01:24
02/11/2010 01:24

S
shinyshoes
Unregistered
shinyshoes
Unregistered
S



my 16v

cry

Re: Sorned [Re: came2dance] #1124581
02/11/2010 01:32
02/11/2010 01:32
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,920
Auld Reekie
Edinburgh Online content
Club President, member225
Edinburgh  Online Content
Club President, member225
Forum veteran

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 18,920
Auld Reekie
Originally Posted by came2dance


19


Gotcha!


BumbleBee carer smile
Re: Sorned [Re: Edinburgh] #1124691
02/11/2010 10:57
02/11/2010 10:57
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,289
Malvern
coupe_integrale Offline
My job on the forum
coupe_integrale  Offline
My job on the forum

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,289
Malvern
Just got my letter though to remind me to re-SORN, cars not been on the road for over a year! cry


Fiat Coupe Integrale
Re: Sorned [Re: coupe_integrale] #1124698
02/11/2010 10:59
02/11/2010 10:59

M
Marco20valveT
Unregistered
Marco20valveT
Unregistered
M



Originally Posted by coupe_integrale
Just got my letter though to remind me to re-SORN, cars not been on the road for over a year! cry


thats because your lazy!!! laugh

Re: Sorned [Re: ] #1124737
02/11/2010 11:33
02/11/2010 11:33
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,289
Malvern
coupe_integrale Offline
My job on the forum
coupe_integrale  Offline
My job on the forum

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,289
Malvern
OI!!

Car is in Joes' capable hands now!

If anything can be done with it is a different matter wink


Fiat Coupe Integrale
Re: Sorned [Re: coupe_integrale] #1124988
02/11/2010 19:11
02/11/2010 19:11

M
Morat
Unregistered
Morat
Unregistered
M



I think it is probably kinder to SORN them over the winter anyway. My coupe suffered badly last winter from all the road salt.

Re: Sorned [Re: ] #1124993
02/11/2010 19:21
02/11/2010 19:21
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 12,644
Watford
MarioCirillo Offline
Ex El Presidente
MarioCirillo  Offline
Ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 12,644
Watford
Originally Posted by Morat
I think it is probably kinder to SORN them over the winter anyway. My coupe suffered badly last winter from all the road salt.


Already done smile


Proud Owner of Rosso Speed LE041
Re: Sorned [Re: MarioCirillo] #1125014
02/11/2010 20:51
02/11/2010 20:51
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 329
Manchester
andy2 Offline
Making a profit
andy2  Offline
Making a profit

Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 329
Manchester
Garaged and Sorned this weekend hopefully once the winter car is purchased!

Re: Sorned [Re: andy2] #1125064
02/11/2010 22:34
02/11/2010 22:34

J
Jef_uk
Unregistered
Jef_uk
Unregistered
J



Rust = sorned cry

Re: Sorned [Re: ] #1125098
02/11/2010 23:46
02/11/2010 23:46

P
Paul_Murf
Unregistered
Paul_Murf
Unregistered
P



Dont disconnect the battery, connect it to a trickle charger instead.
Having the battery disconnected speeds up corrosion as my Mk2 Escort found out to its peril!

Re: Sorned [Re: ] #1125108
03/11/2010 00:01
03/11/2010 00:01

S
shinyshoes
Unregistered
shinyshoes
Unregistered
S



Originally Posted by Morat
I think it is probably kinder to SORN them over the winter anyway. My coupe suffered badly last winter from all the road salt.


have to dissagree there, a car is meant to be driven, not stood up for long periods.

Re: Sorned [Re: ] #1125119
03/11/2010 00:17
03/11/2010 00:17
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,206
england
came2dance Offline OP
I AM a Coop
came2dance  Offline OP
I AM a Coop

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 13,206
england
I think they're better driven too. If I wasn't driving round fingers crossed as the timing belt must be about due and if the clutch wasn't slipping I might have kept it on the road. But it's got over 120k miles on it now and simply driving to work and back in the rain isn't much fun so perhaps sorned is best smile

How can having the battery off speed up corrosion confused


[Linked Image]www.chrisdoyle-photography.co.uk

Re: Sorned [Re: came2dance] #1127291
08/11/2010 02:53
08/11/2010 02:53

P
philworsley
Unregistered
philworsley
Unregistered
P



Mine been SORN for 2 1/2 years now frown I've done loads of work on her but still so much to do. At least she's tucked up in the garage not getting any rustier.

Re: Sorned [Re: ] #1127293
08/11/2010 03:20
08/11/2010 03:20
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
pinin_prestatyn Offline
Forum veteran
pinin_prestatyn  Offline
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
I think my last coupé and this one have spent more time off the road than on it crazy Okay this one's never been Sorn (touch my own wood) but the sprinty was the material for many gags about it being a shed/garden ornament until finally it was towed away by Taffy to be chopped up frown
I'm trying to drive this one as much as I can! It was fun having a Sorn car that you can sit in drunk and make "Warble warble Tssch" sounds as you relive the glory days.

Or is that just me crazy laugh



Coopless!

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.017s Queries: 14 (0.011s) Memory: 0.6567 MB (Peak: 0.7794 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 23:53:31 UTC