Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (TwelveTeaVan), 1,148 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,143
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Silver Coops with grey/darker wheels #1127296
08/11/2010 05:08
08/11/2010 05:08
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
pinin_prestatyn Offline OP
Forum veteran
pinin_prestatyn  Offline OP
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
I've always thought that alloys should be silver, but lately I'm umming ahh-ing about whether to get my plus alloys done in a dark grey/gunmetal colour. Any Grigio (or indeed any silver-y colours) coopsters got any pics of their pride and joy sporting darker alloys? Post them here, let's have a butchers! Finally my photoshop skillz are non-existant, so if somebody could photoshop this picture to do a couple of options of wheel colour (black, dark grey, gunmetal, light grey whatever) then I would have their babies (in a metaphorical way, as I have no uterus) bonus points if you can also do the fuel filler cap/wing mirrors/grille! laugh



Coopless!
Re: Silver Coops with grey/darker wheels [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #1127301
08/11/2010 08:58
08/11/2010 08:58
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 194
Berkshire
workshy Offline
On a journey
workshy  Offline
On a journey

Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 194
Berkshire
Here you go...

Original Pic

With Darker grey wheels

And finally (drum-roll please) Darker grey wheels, fuel cap, mirrors and grille

Don't worry about the bonus points (or baby crazy ) I did it for love


[Linked Image]
Re: Silver Coops with grey/darker wheels [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #1127319
08/11/2010 10:44
08/11/2010 10:44
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,192
Bristol, UK
H
Hovedan Offline
Forum is my life
Hovedan  Offline
Forum is my life
H

Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,192
Bristol, UK
My 16 with anthracite wheels. She's no award winner but darker wheels certainly suit imho

click to enlarge

Re: Silver Coops with grey/darker wheels [Re: Hovedan] #1127505
08/11/2010 18:24
08/11/2010 18:24
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
pinin_prestatyn Offline OP
Forum veteran
pinin_prestatyn  Offline OP
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
Tasty looking coop that Dan love

Nice one Workshy, you're far from workshy in my eyes!

I'm still undecided crazy



Coopless!
Re: Silver Coops with grey/darker wheels [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #1127517
08/11/2010 18:52
08/11/2010 18:52

P
patch234
Unregistered
patch234
Unregistered
P



Just get some Stilo blades in dark anthracite, all will be well in your world then thumb

Re: Silver Coops with grey/darker wheels [Re: ] #1127519
08/11/2010 18:54
08/11/2010 18:54
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
pinin_prestatyn Offline OP
Forum veteran
pinin_prestatyn  Offline OP
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
I think that would be blatant copying of a well-known ex-coopster wink



Coopless!
Re: Silver Coops with grey/darker wheels [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #1127523
08/11/2010 18:59
08/11/2010 18:59

P
patch234
Unregistered
patch234
Unregistered
P



Yea but the guy who bought mine is not on the forum (I don't think), so you'll be original thumb Go on, you know it makes sense.....

click to enlarge

Re: Silver Coops with grey/darker wheels [Re: ] #1127531
08/11/2010 19:09
08/11/2010 19:09
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
pinin_prestatyn Offline OP
Forum veteran
pinin_prestatyn  Offline OP
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
Very nice thumb However I'll keep my Plus ones and get them done I think (if I go for it!)



Coopless!
Re: Silver Coops with grey/darker wheels [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #1127803
09/11/2010 12:31
09/11/2010 12:31

T
tonyd20vt
Unregistered
tonyd20vt
Unregistered
T



clicky
clicky-
Do you have a set of plus wheels and stock alloys?
If so, go for it on the stock wheels. I think plus wheels look better in silver IMO smile

Last edited by tonyd20vt; 09/11/2010 12:40. Reason: fancied putting another pic in!
Re: Silver Coops with grey/darker wheels [Re: ] #1127940
09/11/2010 16:38
09/11/2010 16:38
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 17,386
Staffordshire
Nigel Offline
Forum veteran
Nigel  Offline
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 17,386
Staffordshire
I also pondered long and hard before going for darker wheels

standard

ProRace 1.2 in anthracite

Re: Silver Coops with grey/darker wheels [Re: Nigel] #1128087
10/11/2010 00:39
10/11/2010 00:39
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
pinin_prestatyn Offline OP
Forum veteran
pinin_prestatyn  Offline OP
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
More pics, nice one chaps! Yes Tony I own both standard and Plus alloys, however everyone seems to have the standard ones darker. Nothing wrong with that at all, I just thought I'd be a bit more exclusive having plus ones anthracite. Honestly though I still can't make my mind up crazy I guess I'll get the zender rear lip, side skirts and front LE lips on her and decide then. That's after a replacement turbo of course, mine's really smoking now frown
Nigel I'm not sure which I prefer for your fine beastie, it looks great on the standard plus ones, but it looks nice with the Pro Race. I may just do one side dark and one side normal so I can have best of both worlds idea



Coopless!
Re: Silver Coops with grey/darker wheels [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #1128092
10/11/2010 00:56
10/11/2010 00:56

T
Trix138
Unregistered
Trix138
Unregistered
T



I love the idea of having plus ones anthracite!!
If only I could afford the plus wheels

Re: Silver Coops with grey/darker wheels [Re: ] #1128101
10/11/2010 01:55
10/11/2010 01:55

E
exracer
Unregistered
exracer
Unregistered
E



I have the same look as Tonyd20vt but with matt black alloys although currently I only plan to use for winter, but I much prefer the look ! Car is a lot cleaner looking.

Re: Silver Coops with grey/darker wheels [Re: ] #1128106
10/11/2010 06:11
10/11/2010 06:11
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,112
The clues in the name
D
DanTheManc Offline
Competition Level
DanTheManc  Offline
Competition Level
D

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,112
The clues in the name


2000 Moony 20VT6
VXR
BMW 335i
BMW M135i
2017 Cupra 290 Black Edition
Re: Silver Coops with grey/darker wheels [Re: DanTheManc] #1128133
10/11/2010 10:36
10/11/2010 10:36

T
tonyd20vt
Unregistered
tonyd20vt
Unregistered
T





I stand corrected, that's quite subtle and looks nice!


Re: Silver Coops with grey/darker wheels [Re: ] #1128387
10/11/2010 18:41
10/11/2010 18:41
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
pinin_prestatyn Offline OP
Forum veteran
pinin_prestatyn  Offline OP
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
Agreed,that looks awesome Dan love I'm swaying towards polished anthracite cool



Coopless!
Re: Silver Coops with grey/darker wheels [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #1128409
10/11/2010 19:32
10/11/2010 19:32

G
Gilly20vt
Unregistered
Gilly20vt
Unregistered
G



i also have exactly the same look as tony d even the clear side repeaters and kit and i think dark rims on silver looks awesome laugh

Re: Silver Coops with grey/darker wheels [Re: ] #1128425
10/11/2010 20:17
10/11/2010 20:17

W
will666666
Unregistered
will666666
Unregistered
W



Pinin,

http://www.fiatcoupeclub.org/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=610187&page=2

My car, which I'm hoping to save...

Subaru black and then violet pearl over the black, wheels, grille, side badges, fuel filler cap...

What do you think?

BR

Will

Re: Silver Coops with grey/darker wheels [Re: ] #1128658
11/11/2010 04:03
11/11/2010 04:03
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
pinin_prestatyn Offline OP
Forum veteran
pinin_prestatyn  Offline OP
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
Where am I looking, Will? I'm just getting Alfa exhausts from that link!



Coopless!
Re: Silver Coops with grey/darker wheels [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #1129105
11/11/2010 22:43
11/11/2010 22:43

W
will666666
Unregistered
will666666
Unregistered
W



Scroll... Down.... And the first page has some artier black and white shots...

Re: Silver Coops with grey/darker wheels [Re: ] #1129114
11/11/2010 22:55
11/11/2010 22:55
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
pinin_prestatyn Offline OP
Forum veteran
pinin_prestatyn  Offline OP
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
Gotcha! thanks for the pics smile



Coopless!
Re: Silver Coops with grey/darker wheels [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #1129294
12/11/2010 12:37
12/11/2010 12:37

T
tonyd20vt
Unregistered
tonyd20vt
Unregistered
T



Pinin,

What colour would you have your grill if you went for darker wheels? Color code it? Lester, Standard or Plus grill?


Re: Silver Coops with grey/darker wheels [Re: ] #1129613
12/11/2010 21:35
12/11/2010 21:35
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
pinin_prestatyn Offline OP
Forum veteran
pinin_prestatyn  Offline OP
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
I'd have to colour code it. I'm probably going to get my Plus grille, plus alloys and wing mirrors done the same smoked chrome colour as Danthemanc's rims. That would look cool



Coopless!
Re: Silver Coops with grey/darker wheels [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #1129648
12/11/2010 22:32
12/11/2010 22:32
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,112
The clues in the name
D
DanTheManc Offline
Competition Level
DanTheManc  Offline
Competition Level
D

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,112
The clues in the name


2000 Moony 20VT6
VXR
BMW 335i
BMW M135i
2017 Cupra 290 Black Edition
Re: Silver Coops with grey/darker wheels [Re: DanTheManc] #1129669
12/11/2010 23:07
12/11/2010 23:07

M
MattW
Unregistered
MattW
Unregistered
M



I like the LE titanium wheels on a silver coupe:

click to enlarge

Re: Silver Coops with grey/darker wheels [Re: ] #1129761
13/11/2010 05:00
13/11/2010 05:00
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
pinin_prestatyn Offline OP
Forum veteran
pinin_prestatyn  Offline OP
Forum veteran

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
It's very.... well it's very mundane and a bit rep-mobile.

I'm never letting it go laugh

Dan that colour is phenomenal. My mind's made up, I'm going for smoked chrome colour. Won't be for a couple of months yet mind.



Coopless!
Re: Silver Coops with grey/darker wheels [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #1129829
13/11/2010 12:12
13/11/2010 12:12
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 24
Finland
K
Kimmen Offline
Club member 7261
Kimmen  Offline
Club member 7261
Newbie
K

Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 24
Finland
click to enlarge

Re: Silver Coops with grey/darker wheels [Re: Kimmen] #1129830
13/11/2010 12:18
13/11/2010 12:18
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 194
Berkshire
workshy Offline
On a journey
workshy  Offline
On a journey

Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 194
Berkshire
Kimmen, looks amazing (even tho' it's not porto smile )

Needs clear side repeaters tho' wink


[Linked Image]
Re: Silver Coops with grey/darker wheels [Re: workshy] #1129864
13/11/2010 13:49
13/11/2010 13:49
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 24
Finland
K
Kimmen Offline
Club member 7261
Kimmen  Offline
Club member 7261
Newbie
K

Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 24
Finland
Thanks smile New foglights & clear side repeaters are added after the photo was taken.

Re: Silver Coops with grey/darker wheels [Re: pinin_prestatyn] #1129912
13/11/2010 15:56
13/11/2010 15:56

M
MattW
Unregistered
MattW
Unregistered
M



Originally Posted by pinin_prestatyn
It's very.... well it's very mundane and a bit rep-mobile.


We're both stuck with it, just have to make the best out of what we've got. wink


Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.018s Queries: 14 (0.011s) Memory: 0.7296 MB (Peak: 0.9471 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 20:46:08 UTC