Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (20vtdet, PaulL), 232 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,715
Posts1,170,031
Members1,657
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,306
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,885
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Which DAB aerial? #1151308
04/01/2011 00:42
04/01/2011 00:42
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,327
Merthyr tydfil
Gareth_M Offline OP
My job on the forum
Gareth_M  Offline OP
My job on the forum

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,327
Merthyr tydfil
I just realised I have never posted in this section. So here goes:
Since I listen to Planet Rock almost 24 hrs a day, the wife has most thoughtfully, bought me a DAB car radio. It is a JVC KD-BD101 and looks pretty good.

Now I know that DAB is dead and I might be swimming against the tide here, but I use DAB every day.

So who has DAB in their coupe and what type of aerial did you get?

Thanks in advance, Gareth



Re: Which DAB aerial? [Re: Gareth_M] #1151717
04/01/2011 23:30
04/01/2011 23:30
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,327
Merthyr tydfil
Gareth_M Offline OP
My job on the forum
Gareth_M  Offline OP
My job on the forum

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,327
Merthyr tydfil
Does no one use DAB ?



Re: Which DAB aerial? [Re: Gareth_M] #1151900
05/01/2011 12:59
05/01/2011 12:59
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,327
Merthyr tydfil
Gareth_M Offline OP
My job on the forum
Gareth_M  Offline OP
My job on the forum

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,327
Merthyr tydfil
I know DAB has reception issues but this is ridiculous! cry



Re: Which DAB aerial? [Re: Gareth_M] #1154481
10/01/2011 11:57
10/01/2011 11:57
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,327
Merthyr tydfil
Gareth_M Offline OP
My job on the forum
Gareth_M  Offline OP
My job on the forum

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,327
Merthyr tydfil
In case anyone asks the same question, I eventually went with this one.
http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/jvc-hal1-dab-aerial.html

No idea if its any good but I'll let you know when I get round to fitting it.



Re: Which DAB aerial? [Re: Gareth_M] #1154940
11/01/2011 11:01
11/01/2011 11:01
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 21,083
Chertsey in the Thames
bockers Offline
Hon Club Member 007
bockers  Offline
Hon Club Member 007
Forum Fossil

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 21,083
Chertsey in the Thames
Dab in a car shocked Blimey the reception is so patchy at home I cannot imagine what it would be like on the move.

Re: Which DAB aerial? [Re: bockers] #1156778
15/01/2011 09:19
15/01/2011 09:19

T
tim42
Unregistered
tim42
Unregistered
T



Must be better than the usual radio reception!

Gareth, I listen to Planet Rock and FiveLive Sports Extra.... I'll be interested to know how you get on,

thanks, Tim


Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.014s Queries: 14 (0.008s) Memory: 0.6150 MB (Peak: 0.6733 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-09-30 12:46:42 UTC