|
0 registered members (),
176
guests, and 4
spiders. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums48
Topics103,717
Posts1,170,053
Members1,658
| |
Most Online39,516 Apr 16th, 2026
|
|
|
Can you fit a drum kit in a Coupe?
#1158064
18/01/2011 03:31
18/01/2011 03:31
|
MattW
Unregistered
|
MattW
Unregistered
|
I fancy buying one off ebay and would have to go pick it up, I think everything would probably fit but I'm not sure. Some sellers state that a small van or estate would be needed? If anyone can do it I can, bearing in mind that I've fitted a spare Coupe door and a full set of leather seats in all at the same time before. 
|
|
|
Re: Can you fit a drum kit in a Coupe?
[Re: ]
#1158079
18/01/2011 08:49
18/01/2011 08:49
|
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,083 Alcester
mikndo69
Enjoying the ride
|
Enjoying the ride
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,083
Alcester
|
I've fitted a standard 5-piece in mine, but make sure it is stripped right down. You can do a great drum roll if you break hard.
You should go for an electronic kit, easy to transport and you will still get on with your neighbours.
Good luck
Fast as FCCUK.org
|
|
|
Re: Can you fit a drum kit in a Coupe?
[Re: mikndo69]
#1158089
18/01/2011 09:37
18/01/2011 09:37
|
ActionHank
Unregistered
|
ActionHank
Unregistered
|
Hmmmm - really depends on the size of the kit. The drummer in my band wouldn't even come close to getting his kick in a coupe, let alone his kit!
To be honest, unless you're talking about a dinky Jazz kit nI don't think you've got much hope!
|
|
|
Re: Can you fit a drum kit in a Coupe?
[Re: ]
#1158151
18/01/2011 11:53
18/01/2011 11:53
|
Eks
Unregistered
|
Eks
Unregistered
|
With ease I can fit a five piece with 22" Bass and 8 Cymbals/stands in there. Just got to utilise all available space. I used to transport my kit on a 50 mile round trip for band practice every week for a year - I got good at finding the best way to transport. Bass drum and floor tom on back seat (Bass drum takes some twisting and turning to get past the front seat). Two standing toms and snare stacked in boot. Cymbals and stands fitted around everything - or put in passenger foot well. Another tip is to take a bass drum skin off and stack stuff inside it (Just prop up the other skin so it doesn't sag and sound like crap after having things resting on it) Jobs a carrot 
|
|
|
Re: Can you fit a drum kit in a Coupe?
[Re: MarioCirillo]
#1158210
18/01/2011 12:58
18/01/2011 12:58
|
Marco20valveT
Unregistered
|
Marco20valveT
Unregistered
|
Oi you slag!! that photo was for proccy!!!!
:marco:
|
|
|
Re: Can you fit a drum kit in a Coupe?
[Re: ]
#1158383
18/01/2011 16:46
18/01/2011 16:46
|
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 52 Nothampton
murph
Reaping the fruits
|
Reaping the fruits
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 52
Nothampton
|
|
|
|
Re: Can you fit a drum kit in a Coupe?
[Re: murph]
#1158515
18/01/2011 21:52
18/01/2011 21:52
|
BigAlinEmbra
Unregistered
|
BigAlinEmbra
Unregistered
|
How far away is it? If it doesn't fit in all at once you could make a second trip?
Sorry for the semi-sane advice when there's gimp photos to be admired.
|
|
|
Re: Can you fit a drum kit in a Coupe?
[Re: ]
#1158574
18/01/2011 23:48
18/01/2011 23:48
|
MattW
Unregistered
|
MattW
Unregistered
|
How far away is it? If it doesn't fit in all at once you could make a second trip?
Sorry for the semi-sane advice when there's gimp photos to be admired.  I could make two trips, but that would half the distance I would be able to travel to collect them... As long as the bass drum would fit on the front seat and the biggest tom would fit behind the driver seat everything else should go in fine.
|
|
|
Re: Can you fit a drum kit in a Coupe?
[Re: mikndo69]
#1158577
18/01/2011 23:51
18/01/2011 23:51
|
MattW
Unregistered
|
MattW
Unregistered
|
You should go for an electronic kit, easy to transport and you will still get on with your neighbours. Dont really have neighbours as such, where I'll be keeping them there's nothing for about a mile around except a runway. 
|
|
|
Re: Can you fit a drum kit in a Coupe?
[Re: ]
#1158654
19/01/2011 09:07
19/01/2011 09:07
|
Olive3
Unregistered
|
Olive3
Unregistered
|
But if you do want a electronic kit im selling mine check it out at http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270691798014&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT
I would do you a good deal
Regards
|
|
|
Re: Can you fit a drum kit in a Coupe?
[Re: ]
#1158727
19/01/2011 12:06
19/01/2011 12:06
|
DeaDLocK
Unregistered
|
DeaDLocK
Unregistered
|
My first thought when I read the topic title was "why on earth does he want drum brakes on his car???".
|
|
|
|