|
0 registered members (),
1,089
guests, and 2
spiders. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
| |
Most Online39,516 Apr 16th, 2026
|
|
|
HDI Boost controllers - the thread!
#1177752
27/02/2011 20:36
27/02/2011 20:36
|
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947 North wales
pinin_prestatyn
OP
Forum veteran
|
OP
Forum veteran
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 19,947
North wales
|
Okay so for now twelve of us will have (or already have) a HDI boost controllers. Let's share information about fitting, wiring, pictures and so on here. 07/03 My Boost controller arrived today. I went for the SBC-D-SE , as did everyone else. First impressions are good, it only took 9 days to arrive, and only 5 working days  Here's how it looks when you receive it: Inside the box: Main unit: it feels good quality. A lot smaller than I was expecting! really tiny little thing. You could mount this anywhere you wanted! How it looks when one of the two dials are depressed. Rear. Next to MAC Solenoid unit. Again solenoid looks well made. Also inside the box, all parts are well sealed in adjoining pockets: Finally, a little data CD and clear, plain English instructions.
Last edited by pinin_prestatyn; 07/03/2011 17:32. Reason: Add pictures
 Coopless!
|
|
|
Re: HDI Boost controllers - the thread!
[Re: pinin_prestatyn]
#1179624
03/03/2011 10:01
03/03/2011 10:01
|
dlongstaff
Unregistered
|
dlongstaff
Unregistered
|
|
|
|
Re: HDI Boost controllers - the thread!
[Re: pinin_prestatyn]
#1179782
03/03/2011 14:58
03/03/2011 14:58
|
howardmagoo
Unregistered
|
howardmagoo
Unregistered
|
|
|
|
Re: HDI Boost controllers - the thread!
[Re: pinin_prestatyn]
#1180136
03/03/2011 22:29
03/03/2011 22:29
|
nismo
Unregistered
|
nismo
Unregistered
|
haven't had time to install mine at the moment but off work in a weeks time for a week so pleanty of time to do it .
|
|
|
Re: HDI Boost controllers - the thread!
[Re: pinin_prestatyn]
#1180157
03/03/2011 23:07
03/03/2011 23:07
|
dlongstaff
Unregistered
|
dlongstaff
Unregistered
|
I haven't had time either. The 'coupe time' I have spent has been on fitting rear discs pads and replaced handbrake cable for mot on Saturday, as the cable was binding. I have a new coolant and air con radiator to fit so was going to do it at the same time. What's the problem with Gunzi's? I have only taken it out of the box to look and haven't offered it up for fitment and is all theory. I was thinking that I would put it in the ash tray. Bit of hacking about I guess. Powerwise, as it needs a permant live I could take this from my stereo or cig ligher as mine are permanent. The switched from the window. Earth is easy. I have a boost gauge so can plumb into that. As for the permanent live, would I be correct in thinking it needs this to keep the settings ie it's brain working? If so would it need resetting if the battery was disconnected ?
|
|
|
Re: HDI Boost controllers - the thread!
[Re: pinin_prestatyn]
#1180726
04/03/2011 23:52
04/03/2011 23:52
|
dlongstaff
Unregistered
|
dlongstaff
Unregistered
|
Any heads up of what the problem is? Best not to hack apart anything, I'll make sure it works stuck to the dash first, or eBay unwrapped if I knew what the problem was. Please share?
|
|
|
Re: HDI Boost controllers - the thread!
[Re: pinin_prestatyn]
#1180734
05/03/2011 00:00
05/03/2011 00:00
|
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 8,071 Southsea
Gunzi
Club member 189, Former Club President
|
Club member 189, Former Club President
Je suis un Coupé
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 8,071
Southsea
|
The unit functions correctly. It works fine, I get 1.2 bar at 2250rpm, it's really smooth when on boost and when backing off the throttle. It's a great bit of kit. The problem is that it has no memory which means I have to set it each time I get in the car. The main problem is that it emits a very loud beep unless I set it. I'll be sending it back to them for a replacement. It's been a week of exchanging emails for me to check various things. I was waiting for a result from d2 before posting to see how they handled this. So far they've been really good to deal with. Let's hope it's a bad apple. Link. This was before the final fittings had taken place. You have to cut a large section out of the ash tray to get it to fit. Pics to follow. For reference the red and yellow wire in cog lighter is linked to the ignition. I used the positive and earth for the head unit. Other than that it's plug and play.
Last edited by Gunzi; 05/03/2011 00:06.
|
|
|
Re: HDI Boost controllers - the thread!
[Re: pinin_prestatyn]
#1180739
05/03/2011 00:29
05/03/2011 00:29
|
dlongstaff
Unregistered
|
dlongstaff
Unregistered
|
|
|
|
Re: HDI Boost controllers - the thread!
[Re: pinin_prestatyn]
#1181728
07/03/2011 11:50
07/03/2011 11:50
|
R00
Unregistered
|
R00
Unregistered
|
I will be mounting into the drivers side air vent - I thought about the ash tray - but I would prefer to keep it away from the hands of passengers etc, also having to explain all the time would be a pain in the arse.
I did think about this for a while - but after hearing the explaination on how to get there an the stuff that has to come out - I think I have settled with the Air Vent apature.
(mine not arrived yet either).
R00
|
|
|
Re: HDI Boost controllers - the thread!
[Re: pinin_prestatyn]
#1181995
07/03/2011 19:21
07/03/2011 19:21
|
h2ypr
Unregistered
|
h2ypr
Unregistered
|
b+Q sell vacuum hose???
Is that not a water hose?
Ross
p.s dont use window washer water hose for boost hose. It does work but it melts and causes no end of problems trying to identify the leak!! Lol.
Last edited by h2ypr; 07/03/2011 19:22.
|
|
|
Re: HDI Boost controllers - the thread!
[Re: pinin_prestatyn]
#1182024
07/03/2011 20:15
07/03/2011 20:15
|
patch234
Unregistered
|
patch234
Unregistered
|
|
|
|
Re: HDI Boost controllers - the thread!
[Re: pinin_prestatyn]
#1182028
07/03/2011 20:18
07/03/2011 20:18
|
patch234
Unregistered
|
patch234
Unregistered
|
This is posted somewhere else on the forum, but where could it be? She may appear in other threads from time to time 
Last edited by patch234; 07/03/2011 20:19.
|
|
|
Re: HDI Boost controllers - the thread!
[Re: pinin_prestatyn]
#1182162
07/03/2011 23:54
07/03/2011 23:54
|
dlongstaff
Unregistered
|
dlongstaff
Unregistered
|
Mine arrived today. Added pictures to the top of this thread. I was intending on doing a little how-to, but Taffy20VT is fitting my stage 3 hybrid and FMIC this weekend, so I may as well let him fit this at the same time. It's not difficult if Gunzi did it  Did anyone get the following with theirs? A load of decals, but more interesting is the metallic thing I got, wasn't inside the boost controller box. Looks like a set of panpipes made up of nozzles  You can't detach the nozzles, and it's very well made. God knows what it's for? Could be for running loads of boost gauges off for a display maybe? Didn't get either of them.
Last edited by dlongstaff; 08/03/2011 00:31. Reason: or the 2p change
|
|
|
Re: HDI Boost controllers - the thread!
[Re: pinin_prestatyn]
#1182181
08/03/2011 00:26
08/03/2011 00:26
|
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,086 Pontypool
mr_tickle
Club member 1455
|
Club member 1455
Competition Level
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,086
Pontypool
|
Quelle Suprise. I've not bought a boost gauge yet that had enough hose for it to reach  All to save what? 2p a meter? Thankfully B+Q sell the hose per the meter really cheap so I bought 5 meters. Loads enough. Yesterday I Fitted the boost gauge I purchased over 4 months ago. The hose was exactly the correct length  @ Phil - I think there is something about your grass growing that you are not telling us ? I'm sure I've seen that woman before though  Didn't you bring her to the brooklands meet last year? Sorry back on thread - I'm planning on going to buy one of these units sometime soon, I'm watching the results and performance with interest.
|
|
|
Re: HDI Boost controllers - the thread!
[Re: ]
#1182238
08/03/2011 03:27
08/03/2011 03:27
|
philworsley
Unregistered
|
philworsley
Unregistered
|
Mine arrived today. Added pictures to the top of this thread. I was intending on doing a little how-to, but Taffy20VT is fitting my stage 3 hybrid and FMIC this weekend, so I may as well let him fit this at the same time. It's not difficult if Gunzi did it  Did anyone get the following with theirs? A load of decals, but more interesting is the metallic thing I got, wasn't inside the boost controller box. Looks like a set of panpipes made up of nozzles  You can't detach the nozzles, and it's very well made. God knows what it's for? Could be for running loads of boost gauges off for a display maybe? Didn't get either of them. Me neither. Fitting it within the next 2 weeks.
|
|
|
Re: HDI Boost controllers - the thread!
[Re: pinin_prestatyn]
#1182251
08/03/2011 08:03
08/03/2011 08:03
|
R00
Unregistered
|
R00
Unregistered
|
hey speak to crazycoop if you dont use that metal thingy - she might be able to use it on the drift car.
R00
|
|
|
Re: HDI Boost controllers - the thread!
[Re: pinin_prestatyn]
#1182397
08/03/2011 13:13
08/03/2011 13:13
|
dlongstaff
Unregistered
|
dlongstaff
Unregistered
|
Hopefully yours will be sorted Gunzi! I don't think I'll get round to mine for another two weeks! I'll make sure it's all up and running before I place the control unit. Can see it would sit ok in the vent, but I don't want to sacrifice the little air that does flow throw. Ashtray wise, if it's possible to hack the back out a little then it would sit inside flush. Take of the door and cnc a panel to fit. Either make a hole for lighter or blank it off and fit the three way elsewhere (drivers side underneath)
|
|
|
Re: HDI Boost controllers - the thread!
[Re: pinin_prestatyn]
#1182476
08/03/2011 15:35
08/03/2011 15:35
|
dlongstaff
Unregistered
|
dlongstaff
Unregistered
|
I see exactly what you have done now. I thought it was laid on the door. That's the way to do it.
|
|
|
|