|
0 registered members (),
1,089
guests, and 2
spiders. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
| |
Most Online39,516 Apr 16th, 2026
|
|
|
Re: Clear LED Side indicators
[Re: bockers]
#1227930
16/06/2011 23:29
16/06/2011 23:29
|
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,614 Bucks
jame5
I need some sleep
|
I need some sleep
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,614
Bucks
|
|
|
|
Re: Clear LED Side indicators
[Re: bockers]
#1227934
16/06/2011 23:37
16/06/2011 23:37
|
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,618 SE Essex
charlie_croker
I need some sleep
|
I need some sleep
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,618
SE Essex
|
I bought the black version of those clear side repeaters, the rubber needed lots of trimming to get them to fit hole in the wing.
Happy
|
|
|
Re: Clear LED Side indicators
[Re: Mark_S]
#1228149
17/06/2011 15:32
17/06/2011 15:32
|
dlongstaff
Unregistered
|
dlongstaff
Unregistered
|
No, but I just ordered these: eBay Much more expensive, but more OEM You were robbed
|
|
|
Re: Clear LED Side indicators
[Re: bockers]
#1228342
17/06/2011 23:32
17/06/2011 23:32
|
dlongstaff
Unregistered
|
dlongstaff
Unregistered
|
Just noticed that the ones you got come with the harness, guess thats why they are much more expensive. I got the cheapo's and they fine. Used the the mirrored 501's in my original holders. Twist the wire out, push in. Been fine for the last year.
|
|
|
Re: Clear LED Side indicators
[Re: bockers]
#1228613
18/06/2011 19:47
18/06/2011 19:47
|
shinyshoes
Unregistered
|
shinyshoes
Unregistered
|
Are they not illegal/MOT fail? I bow to your knowledge but I'm sure I read something about these a while ago to that extent. 
|
|
|
Re: Clear LED Side indicators
[Re: bockers]
#1228614
18/06/2011 19:54
18/06/2011 19:54
|
dlongstaff
Unregistered
|
dlongstaff
Unregistered
|
|
|
|
Re: Clear LED Side indicators
[Re: bockers]
#1228623
18/06/2011 20:30
18/06/2011 20:30
|
coopsnoop
Unregistered
|
coopsnoop
Unregistered
|
Clear repeaters are an M.O.T failure.
|
|
|
Re: Clear LED Side indicators
[Re: bockers]
#1228656
18/06/2011 21:59
18/06/2011 21:59
|
dlongstaff
Unregistered
|
dlongstaff
Unregistered
|
I don't want to be one of those people who pipe up and say... well mine passed (but it did) Never looked into the legalities. As long as they are the right colour flashing I would guess thats what they're looking for? Is it one of those retro fit things?
|
|
|
Re: Clear LED Side indicators
[Re: bockers]
#1228748
19/06/2011 09:47
19/06/2011 09:47
|
coopsnoop
Unregistered
|
coopsnoop
Unregistered
|
Thats correct, mine was passed after I painted the bulbs orange with some of the wifes nail varnish!
|
|
|
Re: Clear LED Side indicators
[Re: bockers]
#1228860
19/06/2011 17:09
19/06/2011 17:09
|
dlongstaff
Unregistered
|
dlongstaff
Unregistered
|
Thought you were talking about clear lens. Think it's a given that you not going to put anything other than Amber bulbs in  when using clear.
|
|
|
Re: Clear LED Side indicators
[Re: jame5]
#1229282
20/06/2011 19:34
20/06/2011 19:34
|
Nazo
Unregistered
|
Nazo
Unregistered
|
So you have chopped the original bayonet type fitting holder and soldered these?
|
|
|
Re: Clear LED Side indicators
[Re: bockers]
#1229291
20/06/2011 20:06
20/06/2011 20:06
|
h2ypr
Unregistered
|
h2ypr
Unregistered
|
Plus and later 6 models were fitted with the fiat barchetta side repeaters. I believe.
Ros
|
|
|
Re: Clear LED Side indicators
[Re: bockers]
#1229295
20/06/2011 20:19
20/06/2011 20:19
|
h2ypr
Unregistered
|
h2ypr
Unregistered
|
No idea then...
I just know that some of them came as stnd with the barchetta side repeaters.
Ross
|
|
|
Re: Clear LED Side indicators
[Re: volumex]
#1229403
20/06/2011 22:57
20/06/2011 22:57
|
Nazo
Unregistered
|
Nazo
Unregistered
|
my moonie has standard clear side indicators but my porto has yellow why are they different Factory standard was yellow. Mine is a late plus and still had yellow non-clear ones. I changed them myself to clear ones.
|
|
|
Re: Clear LED Side indicators
[Re: ]
#1229404
20/06/2011 22:58
20/06/2011 22:58
|
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,614 Bucks
jame5
I need some sleep
|
I need some sleep
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,614
Bucks
|
So you have chopped the original bayonet type fitting holder and soldered these? Not soldered, just crimped. They weren't those exact ones but similar. They needed a bit of trimming to fit back inside the rubber sleeve.
|
|
|
|