Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,089 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,144
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Clear LED Side indicators #1227847
16/06/2011 21:04
16/06/2011 21:04
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 21,083
Chertsey in the Thames
bockers Offline OP
Hon Club Member 007
bockers  Offline OP
Hon Club Member 007
Forum Fossil

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 21,083
Chertsey in the Thames

Re: Clear LED Side indicators [Re: bockers] #1227889
16/06/2011 22:26
16/06/2011 22:26
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,839
Haslemere, Surrey
M
Mark_S Offline
Forum is my job
Mark_S  Offline
Forum is my job
M

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,839
Haslemere, Surrey
No, but I just ordered these:

eBay

Much more expensive, but more OEM


997 C4S
Re: Clear LED Side indicators [Re: bockers] #1227900
16/06/2011 22:43
16/06/2011 22:43
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 21,083
Chertsey in the Thames
bockers Offline OP
Hon Club Member 007
bockers  Offline OP
Hon Club Member 007
Forum Fossil

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 21,083
Chertsey in the Thames
I have them already, but am struggling to find chrome bulbs to fit. With amber bulbs behind the clear lenses the effect is not what I am after.

Your OEM comment is spot on though Mark, I was still in Punto GT mode and clearly the ebay link is for Punto indicators crazy I am losing my marbles shocked

Re: Clear LED Side indicators [Re: bockers] #1227916
16/06/2011 23:11
16/06/2011 23:11
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,614
Bucks
jame5 Offline
I need some sleep
jame5  Offline
I need some sleep

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,614
Bucks
I have oem style clear lenses (smoked now) and replaced my bulb holders for ones that take the 501 capless bulbs. 501's are much easier to get hold of, come in many different colours and are available in led form too. I went for amber led's so i don't get the 'fried egg' look as only the clear led is visible.


Re: Clear LED Side indicators [Re: bockers] #1227930
16/06/2011 23:29
16/06/2011 23:29
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,614
Bucks
jame5 Offline
I need some sleep
jame5  Offline
I need some sleep

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,614
Bucks


Re: Clear LED Side indicators [Re: bockers] #1227932
16/06/2011 23:33
16/06/2011 23:33
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 21,083
Chertsey in the Thames
bockers Offline OP
Hon Club Member 007
bockers  Offline OP
Hon Club Member 007
Forum Fossil

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 21,083
Chertsey in the Thames
Cheers Jamie more expenditure rolleyes
thumb

Re: Clear LED Side indicators [Re: bockers] #1227934
16/06/2011 23:37
16/06/2011 23:37
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,618
SE Essex
charlie_croker Offline
I need some sleep
charlie_croker  Offline
I need some sleep

Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,618
SE Essex
I bought the black version of those clear side repeaters, the rubber needed lots of trimming to get them to fit hole in the wing.


Happy
Re: Clear LED Side indicators [Re: bockers] #1227944
17/06/2011 00:00
17/06/2011 00:00
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,614
Bucks
jame5 Offline
I need some sleep
jame5  Offline
I need some sleep

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,614
Bucks
The bulb holders i bought were not exactly the same as the ebay ones above and needed a bit of trimming to fit, other that that it was a simple job. Pull out the originals, slide the rubber bit further down the wire, snip off the old holder, crimp on the new one and slide the rubber bit back over.


Re: Clear LED Side indicators [Re: Mark_S] #1228149
17/06/2011 15:32
17/06/2011 15:32

D
dlongstaff
Unregistered
dlongstaff
Unregistered
D



Originally Posted by Mark_S
No, but I just ordered these:

eBay

Much more expensive, but more OEM

You were robbed

Re: Clear LED Side indicators [Re: ] #1228283
17/06/2011 21:16
17/06/2011 21:16
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,839
Haslemere, Surrey
M
Mark_S Offline
Forum is my job
Mark_S  Offline
Forum is my job
M

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,839
Haslemere, Surrey
Not really, saw those and decided against them rolleyes


997 C4S
Re: Clear LED Side indicators [Re: bockers] #1228342
17/06/2011 23:32
17/06/2011 23:32

D
dlongstaff
Unregistered
dlongstaff
Unregistered
D



Just noticed that the ones you got come with the harness, guess thats why they are much more expensive.
I got the cheapo's and they fine. Used the the mirrored 501's in my original holders. Twist the wire out, push in. Been fine for the last year.

Re: Clear LED Side indicators [Re: ] #1228587
18/06/2011 18:52
18/06/2011 18:52
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,839
Haslemere, Surrey
M
Mark_S Offline
Forum is my job
Mark_S  Offline
Forum is my job
M

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 4,839
Haslemere, Surrey
Yes I wanted the harness in case I hit problems with a swap out. Still agree they are somewhat pricey frown


997 C4S
Re: Clear LED Side indicators [Re: bockers] #1228613
18/06/2011 19:47
18/06/2011 19:47

S
shinyshoes
Unregistered
shinyshoes
Unregistered
S



Are they not illegal/MOT fail?

I bow to your knowledge but I'm sure I read something about these a while ago to that extent.

coffee

Re: Clear LED Side indicators [Re: bockers] #1228614
18/06/2011 19:54
18/06/2011 19:54

D
dlongstaff
Unregistered
dlongstaff
Unregistered
D



Which ones?

Re: Clear LED Side indicators [Re: bockers] #1228623
18/06/2011 20:30
18/06/2011 20:30

C
coopsnoop
Unregistered
coopsnoop
Unregistered
C



Clear repeaters are an M.O.T failure.

Re: Clear LED Side indicators [Re: bockers] #1228656
18/06/2011 21:59
18/06/2011 21:59

D
dlongstaff
Unregistered
dlongstaff
Unregistered
D



I don't want to be one of those people who pipe up and say... well mine passed (but it did)
Never looked into the legalities. As long as they are the right colour flashing I would guess thats what they're looking for?
Is it one of those retro fit things?

Re: Clear LED Side indicators [Re: bockers] #1228672
18/06/2011 22:53
18/06/2011 22:53
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,614
Bucks
jame5 Offline
I need some sleep
jame5  Offline
I need some sleep

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,614
Bucks
Mine passed with them too! rolleyes hehe


Re: Clear LED Side indicators [Re: jame5] #1228710
19/06/2011 01:04
19/06/2011 01:04
Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 23,347
North Wales
Theresa Offline
Former Presidentessa Club member 58
Theresa  Offline
Former Presidentessa Club member 58
Forum Fossil

Joined: Jun 2006
Posts: 23,347
North Wales
Yes, clear lens are fine for the mot, but the bulb/led inside, has to flash orange.

Re: Clear LED Side indicators [Re: bockers] #1228748
19/06/2011 09:47
19/06/2011 09:47

C
coopsnoop
Unregistered
coopsnoop
Unregistered
C



Thats correct, mine was passed after I painted the bulbs orange with some of the wifes nail varnish!

Re: Clear LED Side indicators [Re: bockers] #1228860
19/06/2011 17:09
19/06/2011 17:09

D
dlongstaff
Unregistered
dlongstaff
Unregistered
D



Thought you were talking about clear lens.
Think it's a given that you not going to put anything other than Amber bulbs in crazy when using clear.

Re: Clear LED Side indicators [Re: jame5] #1229282
20/06/2011 19:34
20/06/2011 19:34

N
Nazo
Unregistered
Nazo
Unregistered
N



Originally Posted by jame5


So you have chopped the original bayonet type fitting holder and soldered these?


Re: Clear LED Side indicators [Re: bockers] #1229289
20/06/2011 19:57
20/06/2011 19:57
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,360
stockport
volumex Offline
My job on the forum
volumex  Offline
My job on the forum

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,360
stockport
my moonie has standard clear side indicators but my porto has yellow why are they different

Re: Clear LED Side indicators [Re: bockers] #1229291
20/06/2011 20:06
20/06/2011 20:06

H
h2ypr
Unregistered
h2ypr
Unregistered
H



Plus and later 6 models were fitted with the fiat barchetta side repeaters. I believe.

Ros

Re: Clear LED Side indicators [Re: bockers] #1229293
20/06/2011 20:18
20/06/2011 20:18
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,360
stockport
volumex Offline
My job on the forum
volumex  Offline
My job on the forum

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,360
stockport
got a 6

Re: Clear LED Side indicators [Re: bockers] #1229295
20/06/2011 20:19
20/06/2011 20:19

H
h2ypr
Unregistered
h2ypr
Unregistered
H



No idea then...

I just know that some of them came as stnd with the barchetta side repeaters.

Ross

Re: Clear LED Side indicators [Re: volumex] #1229403
20/06/2011 22:57
20/06/2011 22:57

N
Nazo
Unregistered
Nazo
Unregistered
N



Originally Posted by volumex
my moonie has standard clear side indicators but my porto has yellow why are they different


Factory standard was yellow. Mine is a late plus and still had yellow non-clear ones.

I changed them myself to clear ones.

Re: Clear LED Side indicators [Re: ] #1229404
20/06/2011 22:58
20/06/2011 22:58
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,614
Bucks
jame5 Offline
I need some sleep
jame5  Offline
I need some sleep

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,614
Bucks
Originally Posted by Nazo
Originally Posted by jame5


So you have chopped the original bayonet type fitting holder and soldered these?



Not soldered, just crimped. They weren't those exact ones but similar. They needed a bit of trimming to fit back inside the rubber sleeve.


Re: Clear LED Side indicators [Re: bockers] #1229466
21/06/2011 01:15
21/06/2011 01:15

N
Nazo
Unregistered
Nazo
Unregistered
N



These are direct fit amber leds without all the crimping..

http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/wide-ang...7.html?osCsid=bf4jfpb8h8hc2vr1t800v6khe2

Bulb type is BA9 233 type (bayonet)

Re: Clear LED Side indicators [Re: ] #1229639
21/06/2011 18:00
21/06/2011 18:00
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,614
Bucks
jame5 Offline
I need some sleep
jame5  Offline
I need some sleep

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,614
Bucks
Originally Posted by Nazo
These are direct fit amber leds without all the crimping..

http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/wide-ang...7.html?osCsid=bf4jfpb8h8hc2vr1t800v6khe2

Bulb type is BA9 233 type (bayonet)


That would have been alot easier! 501's are more readily available though, so at least replacement will be easy.



Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.014s Queries: 14 (0.008s) Memory: 0.7142 MB (Peak: 0.9046 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 22:10:26 UTC