Fiat Coupe Forum
- Funded by the Club for the benefit of all owners
- Please consider joining the Club to help keep the Forum running
- Or you can choose to make a Donation
Fiat Coupe Club UK
join the club
Fiat Coupe Forum
 
» Announced
    Posting images


» Related sites
    Main club site
    fiatcoupe.net

 
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (RichG), 905 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums48
Topics103,723
Posts1,170,143
Members1,659
Most Online39,516
Apr 16th, 2026
Top Posters(All Time)
barnacle 33,794
stan 32,123
Theresa 23,347
PeteP 22,311
bockers 21,083
Edinburgh 18,920
JimO 17,919
Nigel 17,386
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Bored in Bristol #1245324
05/08/2011 10:16
05/08/2011 10:16
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline OP
ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline OP
ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
I'm currently in Bristol to while away a few hours whilst someone works there magic, so need entertaining for the next few hours


Originally Posted by Jonny - After being taken out at Spa
Your car is Usain Bolt with wellies
Re: Bored in Bristol [Re: Begbie] #1245328
05/08/2011 10:22
05/08/2011 10:22
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,614
Bucks
jame5 Offline
I need some sleep
jame5  Offline
I need some sleep

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,614
Bucks
Things to do in Bristol untill the strip clubs open.


Re: Bored in Bristol [Re: Begbie] #1245336
05/08/2011 10:33
05/08/2011 10:33

P
Pondman
Unregistered
Pondman
Unregistered
P



There's an excellent home cooked food cafe up at the top of town near the mall.A two story building, just right for a quiet read and a bite to eat. Hope that helps.

Re: Bored in Bristol [Re: jame5] #1245337
05/08/2011 10:34
05/08/2011 10:34
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,086
Pontypool
mr_tickle Offline
Club member 1455
mr_tickle  Offline
Club member 1455
Competition Level

Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,086
Pontypool
I made this visit yesterday wink

I got lost on foot and walked miles - not fun but it does pass the time.

If you can find Dan's house there are always plenty of coupe bits lying around - I had a nice 20VT badge that was lying around laugh

Good luck


[Linked Image]
Re: Bored in Bristol [Re: Begbie] #1245340
05/08/2011 10:38
05/08/2011 10:38

T
Truffle
Unregistered
Truffle
Unregistered
T



Dan will be spending most of today preparing himself for a night out tonight. He's very high maintenance tongue

Re: Bored in Bristol [Re: Begbie] #1245342
05/08/2011 10:49
05/08/2011 10:49

P
Paulioski
Unregistered
Paulioski
Unregistered
P



For a nautical theme:

The SS Great Britain is ok for wasting a few hours, and then go to the Llandoger Trow for a pint in the pub that supposedly is the inspiration for the Admiral Benbow Inn in Treasure Island.

A replica of The Matthew (Cabot's boat) is knocking round the harbour too at the moment.


Re: Bored in Bristol [Re: Begbie] #1245343
05/08/2011 10:49
05/08/2011 10:49
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline OP
ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline OP
ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
Well I'm currently sat at a coffee shop with a magazine and a drink, so that should pass away, ooooh at least an hour


Originally Posted by Jonny - After being taken out at Spa
Your car is Usain Bolt with wellies
Re: Bored in Bristol [Re: Begbie] #1245349
05/08/2011 11:39
05/08/2011 11:39
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,799
In the coupe.
magooagain Offline
Club member 259
magooagain  Offline
Club member 259
Forum is my life

Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,799
In the coupe.
Why cant you stay with the bannana and watch how it gets on ?



Re: Bored in Bristol [Re: Begbie] #1245350
05/08/2011 11:40
05/08/2011 11:40
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,192
Bristol, UK
H
Hovedan Offline
Forum is my life
Hovedan  Offline
Forum is my life
H

Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 6,192
Bristol, UK
Originally Posted by Begbie
Well I'm currently sat at a coffee shop with a magazine and a drink, so that should pass away, ooooh at least an hour


I'm doing much the same thing, also in a coffee shop in Bristol smile

As Truffle says, I'm mentally preparing myself for a night out tonight, whilst plotting a retaliatory visit over to Mr Tickles abode to five finger discount all his illegal diesel home heating fuel.

**strokes white cat**

Re: Bored in Bristol [Re: Begbie] #1245374
05/08/2011 13:10
05/08/2011 13:10

D
DanDan
Unregistered
DanDan
Unregistered
D



Whenever i go there for my cars to be Mapped i just goto the Weatherspoons down the hill (about 20 mins) on the right, and have a pint and food.

Then i just walk about for a very long time, see the sights. Last time i walked up to Clifton suspension bridge.

Soon passes the time...

Re: Bored in Bristol [Re: Begbie] #1245381
05/08/2011 13:27
05/08/2011 13:27

M
MiniMetaller
Unregistered
MiniMetaller
Unregistered
M



Go to the zoo. job done.

James

Re: Bored in Bristol [Re: Begbie] #1245386
05/08/2011 13:35
05/08/2011 13:35
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline OP
ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline OP
ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
Well, I haven't done much, still at the same coffee shop, had some food, read the magazine cover to cover and will be off to the dyno soon enough. Luckily there hasn't been any problems apart from a troublesome boost valve, but that's about it smile


Originally Posted by Jonny - After being taken out at Spa
Your car is Usain Bolt with wellies
Re: Bored in Bristol [Re: Begbie] #1245435
05/08/2011 14:52
05/08/2011 14:52

B
Biggenz
Unregistered
Biggenz
Unregistered
B



With my visit to Flea, I decided to walk to the cinema and watch a movie. It was so far away, it felt like I walked a marathon when I finally got there. Then watched a crap film.

At least the drive back made up for it resulting in a few texts using unsuitable language for the forum and a few near misses in the underpants.

Re: Bored in Bristol [Re: Begbie] #1245454
05/08/2011 15:28
05/08/2011 15:28

D
DanielTheManual
Unregistered
DanielTheManual
Unregistered
D



Loving Flavourz in Bristol. Eat as much as you can for very little money, huge desserts available such as an ice-cream machine, chocolate fountain and loads of penny chews you can dip in them.

Re: Bored in Bristol [Re: Begbie] #1245464
05/08/2011 15:58
05/08/2011 15:58

T
Tinlin
Unregistered
Tinlin
Unregistered
T



St Nick's market is good for passing the time, as I did when I got my car 'Flea'd'. Make sure you check out the hot sauce emporium.

Re: Bored in Bristol [Re: Begbie] #1245466
05/08/2011 16:09
05/08/2011 16:09
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
Begbie Offline OP
ex El Presidente
Begbie  Offline OP
ex El Presidente
I AM a Coop

Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 12,312
Sandhurst
Cheers for what to do guys, but I'm at the dyno now, so not a lot I can do laugh


Originally Posted by Jonny - After being taken out at Spa
Your car is Usain Bolt with wellies
Re: Bored in Bristol [Re: Begbie] #1245479
05/08/2011 16:38
05/08/2011 16:38

T
Truffle
Unregistered
Truffle
Unregistered
T



Pray? tongue

Re: Bored in Bristol [Re: Begbie] #1245492
05/08/2011 17:09
05/08/2011 17:09
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,799
In the coupe.
magooagain Offline
Club member 259
magooagain  Offline
Club member 259
Forum is my life

Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,799
In the coupe.
It will be over 400hp no probs. tongue




Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1
(Release build 20190129)
PHP: 7.4.33 Page Time: 0.014s Queries: 14 (0.007s) Memory: 0.6658 MB (Peak: 0.7992 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 18:42:43 UTC